how soon before jets turn to Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg ? ? ?

kelly

Why is anyone at all surprised by this in the least?  The most galling part of it all is bowles getting kudos for getting the poor jets to be competitive in most games.

I will say this, if they go through with this line of thinking then both hack and petty have to be cut the day after the season ends.

Too bad our head scout...oh i mean GM has ZERO power over this fool and will have zero say in his fate.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why is anyone at all surprised by this in the least?  The most galling part of it all is bowles getting kudos for getting the poor jets to be competitive in most games.

I will say this, if they go through with this line of thinking then both hack and petty have to be cut the day after the season ends.

Too bad our head scout...oh i mean GM has ZERO power over this fool and will have zero say in his fate.

*nodding*.  Hack won't be any loss.  He might get invited to a training camp, but I don't see him making any noise.  Petty will probably catch on as a backup somewhere and get into his first game action against the Jets.  You can write the ending of that script as well as me.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Only one will be cut. IMO, and that may be after the draft.

5 minutes ago, usapaw said:

Only one will be cut. IMO, and that may be after the draft.

if neither plays this year and if neither can beat our mccown then both need top be cut.  Its useless to keep guys on the roster who you think cannot play and will never be a starting qb, better to draft a guy, sing your normal 37 year old vet and bring in some later rounder or udfa

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

if neither plays this year and if neither can beat our mccown then both need top be cut.  Its useless to keep guys on the roster who you think cannot play and will never be a starting qb, better to draft a guy, sing your normal 37 year old vet and bring in some later rounder or udfa

Here's the telling point for me.  Presumably these guys are practicing and working in the film room.  Bowles didn't reference any of that.  He said he saw them this summer.  So clearly he's not paying any attention to them and they have NO chance to beat out McCown.  Petty could throw 60-yard bullets all day in practice and it won't matter.  Bowles has decided that McCown is his Little Big Horn.  I just hope he ends up like Custer did, figuratively speaking of course.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are leaving out the Todd Bowles factor, he only plays washed up old veterans.  

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Here's the telling point for me.  Presumably these guys are practicing and working in the film room.  Bowles didn't reference any of that.  He said he saw them this summer.  So clearly he's not paying any attention to them and they have NO chance to beat out McCown.  Petty could throw 60-yard bullets all day in practice and it won't matter.  Bowles has decided that McCown is his Little Big Horn.  I just hope he ends up like Custer did, figuratively speaking of course.

You are a good man..... :) 

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You got that from a throw away line at a post game press conference? 

Just now, RESNewYork said:

You got that from a throw away line at a post game press conference? 

Todd Bowles: "I saw our young quarterbacks in the summer. Josh is our QB."

Yeah, I got that from this quote.  I'm a regular Nostradamus that way.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Todd Bowles: "I saw our young quarterbacks in the summer. Josh is our QB."

Yeah, I got that from this quote.  I'm a regular Nostradamus that way.

And that means "So clearly he's not paying any attention to them and they have NO chance to beat out McCown.  Petty could throw 60-yard bullets all day in practice and it won't matter.  Bowles has decided that McCown is his Little Big Horn."

I was just asking. Seems like a huge stretch to me. 

Just now, RESNewYork said:

And that means "So clearly he's not paying any attention to them and they have NO chance to beat out McCown.  Petty could throw 60-yard bullets all day in practice and it won't matter.  Bowles has decided that McCown is his Little Big Horn."

I was just asking. Seems like a huge stretch to me. 

Show of hands.  Anyone else on the board thing Bowles is open to Petty winning the job by merit?

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Show of hands.  Anyone else on the board thing Bowles is open to Petty winning the job by merit?

I think the larger problem will be when mccags finally drafts a qb in the first round and bowles starts mccown over him.  Then we'll see the factions within the organization show their real colors.

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I hope you get a lot of votes. I don't think McCown is a very good QB or any of the QB options on this roster right now. But let's imagine you're right. Why is Bowles starting McCown? Why is Bowles holding off Petty. What's the motivation behind it? 

2 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I hope you get a lot of votes. I don't think McCown is a very good QB or any of the QB options on this roster right now. But let's imagine you're right. Why is Bowles starting McCown? Why is Bowles holding off Petty. What's the motivation behind it? 

Great questions.  I'd love to know the answers.  I have absolutely no idea.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I have a hard time rooting for injuries, but I'm starting to think rooting for our QB to get a sprained wrist isn't going to send me directly to hell.  I also wouldn't mind seeing someone accidentally run into Bowles and knock him on his ass so maybe he'll start to think more clearly.

If it helps, hell is just a story.

32 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Simple. He thinks it protects his job. No other reason. He WANTS a veteran game manager as QB. Arians, his mentor, does too by the way. He will never start a rookie/young QB while he is here. He predetermined the "winner" of the QB "competition" before it even started

Just now, johnnysd said:

Simple. He thinks it protects his job. No other reason. He WANTS a veteran game manager as QB. Arians, his mentor, does too by the way. He will never start a rookie/young QB while he is here. He predetermined the "winner" of the QB "competition" before it even started

So he starts McCown to protect his job? How does it protect his job? Because he's the best QB to get a victory? 

7 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

So he starts McCown to protect his job? How does it protect his job? Because he's the best QB to get a victory? 

No because it keeps the losses more competitive. Think about Sanchez bad games in his first season. He wants a narrative that he is getting a lot out of little talent. Losing big with a young QB ruins that illusion.  I actually think we would have a better record with Petty right now but Bowles wont start a young guy this year and will likely want to bring back McClown next year,

9 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

He's the best qb to keep the score close, which is really what bowles wants.  He fears blowouts because that's the easiest reason for anyone to justify firing him.  He's in survival mode, period, and we as jet fans are lucky only because hackenberg sucks and petty likely is a career backup so the qbs bowles is keeping out aren't worth anything.  I can only imagine what happens next season when bowles keeps saying josh Allen 'isn't ready'.  Then the riots will really ensue.

Just now, johnnysd said:

No because it keeps the losses more competitive. Think about Sanchez bad games in his first season. He wants a narrative that he is getting a lot out of little talent. Losing big with a young QB ruins that illusion.  I actually think we would have a better record with Petty right now but Bowles wont start a young guy this year and will likely want to bring back McClown next year,

So he's motivated by a narrative he wants to create. Not by getting victories? Interesting. And on top of creating a narrative, he's already resigning McCown next year. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

He's the best qb to keep the score close, which is really what bowles wants.  He fears blowouts because that's the easiest reason for anyone to justify firing him.  He's in survival mode, period, and we as jet fans are lucky only because hackenberg sucks and petty likely is a career backup so the qbs bowles is keeping out aren't worth anything.  I can only imagine what happens next season when bowles keeps saying josh Allen 'isn't ready'.  Then the riots will really ensue.

So Bowles starting McCown is motivated by his desire to keep games close. Not winning the game. Well that is pretty incredible that Bowles is able to predict games would be close by starting a certain QB. Just like how these last 3 games went. 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Yeah he should have said "they still suck in practice".

You don't replace a guy playing well with someone you don't believe is any good no matter how loud irrational Jet fan guy screams.  We will see Petty later when all hope is lost..  or we won't.. 

Just now, usapaw said:

He is trying to save his job.The place will be a ghost town Thursday and owner/management will not take kindly to that. Got to put arses in the seats. Pressure will be strong to make a move. 

not sure why you think it will be a ghost town?   Buffalo fans travel extremely well.   

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets fans probably don't want to hear this: After the game, Todd Bowles was asked if there will come a point where he'll want to take a look at his young quarterbacks, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. Said Bowles: "I looked at all of my young quarterbacks in the summer. Josh (McCown) is my quarterback."

Just now, kelly said:

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets fans probably don't want to hear this: After the game, Todd Bowles was asked if there will come a point where he'll want to take a look at his young quarterbacks, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. Said Bowles: "I looked at all of my young quarterbacks in the summer. Josh (McCown) is my quarterback."

LOL so we wasted all this time and draft picks to bring in a 38 yr old loser NFL QB to be the starter under Bowles. 

No kidding I can see Eli Manning as our next QB

FIRE TODD BOWLES ALREADY!!!!!!!!

Archived