****OFFICIAL JETS V PATS GAMEDAY THREAD*****

T0mShane

Just now, Kevin L said:

According to ESPN

Screenshot_20171231-165743.png

Has to be tickets sold rather than actual attendance. But very plausible with season tickets the Jets are in fact 3rd in tickets sold. Every team's attendance is down spare may be the Eagles. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think it’ll be pretty easy to sell “I quit on the Jets because they’re awful top to bottom” to future employers.

Oh yeah, should be easy to sell the logic of I signed a big deal and dogged it after signing for 2 years.  Football people, owners, will happily pay that guy.  Lol

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I could get excited for Brees if we had a young QB like Mayfield to sit behind him and learn.

But Drew would never come here, and we ain't drafting Baker.

Think the free agent vet QB would be a bad idea either way, by himself or with a young QB. But at all why say, Cousins or Brees or Bridgewater would sign with this run/run/dumpoff on 3rd and long pussyball offense. Lots of teams have cap room, and the cap goes up every year. Money goes a long way,but if you have your choice, this coaching staff is not a selling point. 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

No way are the saints letting brees go after this season and Cousins will be a $150 million Neil O’Donnel

Of course Cousins will be.  Because nothing about his game says O'Donnel to anyone other than you. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Of course, know why?  It the same story repeated every time we release a player.  I hope he goes there, dogs it and takes a roster spot and $$ away from the Pats.  Forget that he sucks?

Wilkerson will end McCown’s career next season when he’s a pat and we face him in Foxboro

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Of course Cousins will be.  Because nothing about his game says O'Donnel to anyone other than you. 

You’re sitting across from Kirk Cousins (but imagine you’re medicated, not chain-smoking, and wearing a shirt with actual sleeves). Give us what you tell Cousins to sell him on signing with the Jets.

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Think the free agent vet QB would be a bad idea either way, by himself or with a young QB. But at all why say, Cousins or Brees or Bridgewater would sign with this run/run/dumpoff on 3rd and long pussyball offense. Lots of teams have cap room, and the cap goes up every year. Money goes a long way,but if you have your choice, this coaching staff is not a selling point. 

I would be okay with a FA vet QB (but not Cousins at 20+ mil) as long as we had a young QB that could develop and be turned to in the case of the vet faltering.

I agree on the point about the coaching staff not being very attractive to high-end FAs.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I would be okay with a FA vet QB (but not Cousins at 20+ mil) as long as we had a young QB that could develop and be turned to in the case of the vet faltering.

I agree on the point about the coaching staff not being very attractive to high-end FAs.

Macc overpays for names.  The Cousins ball washers should feel good about that

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’re sitting across from Kirk Cousins (but imagine you’re medicated, not chain-smoking, and wearing a shirt with actual sleeves). Give us what you tell Cousins to sell him on signing with the Jets.

We'll pay you.  the usual sell

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We'll pay you.  the usual sell

"Coach, you hand off every 1st and 2nd down and put your offense in desperate 3rd and longs. Your defense is filled with top picks, your OL is garbagemen and stockbrokers . How will that work for me?". Or he could sign with a coach who understands passing offense and get the same amount of $. Now what do you say? 

Just now, Bugg said:

"Coach, you hand off every 1st and 2nd down and put your offense in desperate 3rd and longs. How will that work for me?". Or he could sign with a coach who understands passing offense and get the same amount of $. Now what do you say? 

That only a complete idiot believes Mo will sign for the same money that he got before taking off for two seasons and getting suspended countless times.  For being a discipline problem child.  Playing for him home town.  

Keep blaming it on the play calling.  

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

Then the Jets would get #1 or #2 pick and Bowles goes to Arizona - So Bowles gets a 1 year extension (in reality) and we might miss out on a top QB.

I understand that but I just don't think I could stomach a full season of what has happened the last 4 games. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

That only a complete idiot believes Mo will sign for the same money that he got before taking off for two seasons and getting suspended countless times.  For being a discipline problem child.  Playing for him home town.  

Keep blaming it on the play calling.  

A free agent QB has what exactly to do with Wilkerson? 

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Wilkerson will end McCown’s career next season when he’s a pat and we face him in Foxboro

Why should we believe any prediction you make when you have said this on this site::

Darron Lee and Jamal Adams are going to be cornerstones of an elite NFL Defense the next 10-15 years

I think we are in good hands with Mac.  90% of his draft picks have been excellent -- much better than Idzik who buried a hole for him with the 2014 draft.  I'd take either Petty or Hack over Wentz or even Prescott

Speak for yourself.  What do you want to fire GM's and Head Coaches every year?

Hack was still a good value pick in round 2.  A possible franchise qb is always good value in round 2Typical Jets fans showing impatience.  This is a rebuild we knew it would be another 3-4 years until we became good again.

• '

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Perhaps. That was a very conservative estimate on my part, which would still be gross.

The jets are going to overinflate the market offering Cousins $140 million.  Macc thinks Cousins is his big ticket to making a playoff game

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Why should we believe any prediction you make when you have said this on this site::

Darron Lee and Jamal Adams are going to be cornerstones of an elite NFL Defense the next 10-15 years

I think we are in good hands with Mac.  90% of his draft picks have been excellent -- much better than Idzik who buried a hole for him with the 2014 draft.  I'd take either Petty or Hack over Wentz or even Prescott

Speak for yourself.  What do you want to fire GM's and Head Coaches every year?

Hack was still a good value pick in round 2.  A possible franchise qb is always good value in round 2Typical Jets fans showing impatience.  This is a rebuild we knew it would be another 3-4 years until we became good again.

• 's and Head Coaches every year?

I never said any of that

15 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

According to ESPN

Screenshot_20171231-165743.png

The interesting and more important stat here is pct. of capacity. That is how you conduct business vis-a-vis realistic goals and performance versus competition. You manage to get the missing % and should be compensated as a manger accordingly  

On that basis, the Jets are in the bottom half of the league and need to find a way to improve by the only meaningful action ... winning

Other observations from this chart show that Cincinnati is in huge trouble and Dallas built way too big a stadium

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

A free agent QB has what exactly to do with Wilkerson? 

What exactly does your response have to do with my response to TS?  Wasn't talking QB, was talking discipline and answering to someone for their actions.

try and keep up.  Or read 

1 minute ago, The Crimson King said:

The interesting and more important stat here is pct. of capacity. That is how you conduct business vis-a-vis realistic goals and performance versus competition. You manage to get the missing % and should be compensated as a manger accordingly  

On that basis, the Jets are in the bottom half of the league and need to find a way to improve by the only meaningful action ... winning

Other observations from this chart show that Cincinnati is in huge trouble and Dallas built way too big a stadium

All the new stadiums were built under some very different economic assumptions of both the economy generally and NFL ticket buyers specifically. Without talking about the politics of this year (which had an impact but are hard to measure), there are other factors that are wreaking havoc on attendance. The owners assumed they could hike prices up to no end, and in fact like any commodity under supply and demand, that's a very faulty assumption. And further on the demand side, going to a game despite the charms of tailgating is not only very expensive, but very time-consuming. And really watching from your couch with your food, heat, AC, beer and internet or the local bar ware way easier and cheaper. 

As an ex-Jet STH, I am but one guy. I and the people  used to go with are but one case study, but we are like a lot of people who stopped going. The Jets' decisions about coaches, the front office and personnel since they opened MetLife have made opting out a very easy decision. This season is going to make more STHs make the same decision. And of those that stay, don't be shocked when the Jets host the Pats you are surrounded by drunk ass Massholes. If you treat your fans like marks to be fleeced, chasing every last dollar is a 2 way street. 

Archived