****OFFICIAL JETS V PATS GAMEDAY THREAD*****

T0mShane

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jetsiest this game can go would be Petty is in there most of the game, plays terrible and the Jets get blown out.  Then Hack gets in there and shows promise but the clock runs out on the season.  Extending Macc and Bowles before an ugly blowout loss in which Hack showed promise but was only given a minimal chance (and won't get another until training camp) would be classic Jets.

26 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Bryce Petty vs Tom Brady. It will be Bowles fault if we lose.

Oh cut the nonsense. The quarterback position is just one of many. No one position weighs more than any other in the outcome of games. The Leonard Williams over Lawrence Guy matchup pretty much balanced out the QB edge. Plus, I'm pretty sure we'll get a few questionable calls from the refs that make the difference. Jets win this one.

I think there will be some improvement in Petty's stats and performance. They should open it up some and let him throw deep a few more times. I could see one successful play today of over 30 yards. The Patriots will be keying on Bilal so I expect his numbers to be down. So I can see a decent 200 hundred yard passing stat by Petty if he keeps turnovers down we can stay within ten points. But he will probably be good for a pick or two because their defense will confuse him a lot. Our D will be somewhat competitive in the first half but Brady will put points on us. NEP 30 Jets 13. In other words it will be a slow and steady death. We won't get blown out fast. Which is often the case with them.

Last game of the disastrous 2017 season and its against the Patriots and on New Years Eve no less hope for the best expect the worst. 

Next week we will be watching someone else's team in the playoffs and eventually in the Super Bowl. 

Sooner or later hopefully sooner it will be the NY Jets. 

Keep the faith. 

I think there will be some improvement in Petty's stats and performance. They should open it up some and let him throw deep a few more times. I could see one successful play today of over 30 yards. The Patriots will be keying on Bilal so I expect his numbers to be down. So I can see a decent 200 hundred yard passing stat by Petty if he keeps turnovers down we can stay within ten points. But he will probably be good for a pick or two because their defense will confuse him a lot. Our D will be somewhat competitive in the first half but Brady will put points on us. NEP 30 Jets 13. In other words it will be a slow and steady death. We won't get blown out fast. Which is often the case with them.
Petty gets benched by halftime. Hack plays the 2nd half.

Petty never plays in another NFL game.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Archived