We have the ammo for the #1 pick

JohnnyLV

Ya for sure...  I mean for me I guess it's a question of what it takes, right? Any time trades and moving up or down is discussed I always try to ask myself "where would I draw the line?"... So I mean what's Rosen worth in your eyes? This year,s #1, #2 plus a #1 next year? Or more? Or less? The idea of throwing around multiple 1sts terrifies me! 

Why does it terrify you to trade multiple 1’s or 2’s? I mean not for nothing our drafts are not all that stellar.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

After getting burn't with the Wentz trade, the Browns arnt going to move no matter what. The Giants will take which ever of the two The Browns don't pick. Indy are the only trade up partner and that would be Mayfield?

We or anyone else has no shot at the top two (provided they declare).

Pipe dream it's Mayfield or bust.  

Totally agree. The Browns actually have an astute GM now in Dorsey who we should have hired to replace Maccagnan and they aren't trading down. I also believe the rumors that the Giants aren't going QB are complete nonsense. If we want a QB we need to move up to 3 which is certainly doable and I would make that move for Mayfield. 

After getting burn't with the Wentz trade, the Browns arnt going to move no matter what. The Giants will take which ever of the two The Browns don't pick. Indy are the only trade up partner and that would be Mayfield?

Yup...and going from 6 to 3 to get Mayfield is going to cost us a fortune too...probably both 2's and maybe a pick next year too.

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I just can’t get over starting josh Mccown to win those 5 games making trading at least 2 extra premium draft picks required for something that should have been ours to begin with,

That's why I wouldn't make a trade, keep the 6th pick & Mayfield should be there.

4 minutes ago, jetsons said:

That's why I wouldn't make a trade, keep the 6th pick & Mayfield should be there.

Sure- If Baker grades out close enough to the others.  I’m annoyed AF about the whole 2017 season  The right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing i.e. the coach and general manager are Not on the same page. That said I am willing to pay the capital to trade up if needed to get our number one quarterback-no price is too high, but we never should have one more than two games this season, this franchise is just so fkn inept

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

This is not as great a qb class as people swore it would be before the season started. Darnold is the best pro prospect qb by far do not buy the mayfield hype he’s going to be a disaster in the nfl

Seriously if you were Mac, I know you are not a fan of his but he is the GM. What would you do this off season to settle the QB situation? 

The big problem with moving up to number one is this:

1) Sam Darnold will/probably should stay in school another year.  The man-crush on this guy is amusing.  He was not very good this year, at least not as good as he should have been considering the praise this guy gets.

2) Rosen has stated he does not want to play for Cleveland.  IF he thinks they will draft him, he might stay too.  Rosen I don't think I would touch.  When it comes out that you are the leader of a team (QB), and your whole team dislikes you, THAT is a Jeff George-size problem waiting to blow-up your locker room.

11 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

If I'm Maccagnan, I offer Cleveland #6 overall, #38, and next year's 1st rounder to move up 5 spots to #1 overall.  Having either Darnold or Rosen IMO would be worth it.  The Jets would have finally have a legit franchise QB and #49 overall still, and even though no 1st next year, they'd still have a 2nd.  Cleveland would still have #4 and #6 overall, and also #33 and #38.

I looked it up and such a trade actually fits decently on the value chart (assuming next year's first is worth about 1000 pts): http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Make. It. Happen.

I wouldn't take a chance on Rosen. He is a great pocket passer, but already has had shoulder injuries and concussions. He looks skinny too and the Jets don't protect the QB well. Darnold or Allen would be the guys I want - and I would take Mayfield as well - but you don't have to go to number one as Cleveland also has the fourth pick. Jets just have to get ahead of Denver.

The Jets could move to three (Indy) or four (Cleveland) and still get Mayfield or Josh Allen. Yeah, they have to give up a lot - probably next years number one - but to finally get the QB we need to get back to respectability I say go for it.

19 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

The Jets could move to three (Indy) or four (Cleveland) and still get Mayfield or Josh Allen. Yeah, they have to give up a lot - probably next years number one - but to finally get the QB we need to get back to respectability I say go for it.

Agreed, We have $90 to patch over holes, we MUST get a QB. If he's good the price is well worth every Pick.

45 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Seriously if you were Mac, I know you are not a fan of his but he is the GM. What would you do this off season to settle the QB situation? 

I'd get the best available FA QB and then I could relax just a bit in the draft and perhaps see what comes to me.  

I'm hoping Mayfield is awesome later today in the Rose Bowl. I have watched him play a few times this season and he has looked legit. Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rudolph, even the kid from Louisville... lots of "potential" in this draft class if they all come out. Gotta think 1-2 future franchise QB in that group for sure.

3 hours ago, jetsons said:

I honestly don't see him getting to 6.  We're probably going to have to give away both 2's (at least) to move up to 3 to get Mayfield.

Additionally, we really need to hope both Rosen and Darnold come out -  because if one does't  Mayfield is off the table too.

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I honestly don't see him getting to 6.  We're probably going to have to give away both 2's (at least) to move up to 3 to get Mayfield.

Additionally, we really need to hope both Rosen and Darnold come out -  because if one does't  Mayfield is off the table too.

IMO Rosen comes out for sure.  He's had injuries, he knows the risk.

With all the drama surrounding Darnold coming out, I think he would be an absolute idiot not to.  He'l be either #1 or #2 in this draft.  A lot can happen with another year of college football.    Nowhere to go but down.  Just have a hard time seeing him leave $30,000,000 on the table.

Archived