If Paradis was GM (early off season)

Paradis

Would you forgo the drama and take this?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you forgo the drama and take this?

• Yes
    • No

Loosely, not gonna slave over contract details and to the penny cap numbers

IT'S ALL ABOUT WHAT MOVES THE FCKING NEEDLE PEOPLE!

Say good bye to:

Mo Wilk, B. Skrine, DT McLendon, M Forte, W. Johnson, B Petty, J. Carpenter, Q. Enunwa, Devin Smith, Ben Ijalana... see y'all the fck later.

Yes, we'll resign/hang on to:

J. McCown (just as a #2 ppl), A Seferian-Jenkins, M. Clairborne, K. Ealy, J. Kearse, D. Davis

FREE AGENTS; offense:

Center W. Richburg, (NYG), Tackle/Guard C. Hubbard (PIT), Guard L. Joekel (SEA),

S. Watkins (Woods emergence makes this possible) Hback/TE Trey Burton (PHI)  RB Charles Sims (TB),  

FREE AGENTS; defense

CB A. Colvin (JAX) OLB A. Lynch (SF), DL C. Thornton (BUF), NT D Poe (ATL) 

Draft:

1. Rosen (trade up, cost; #1 next year)
  2. DE/OLB M. Davenport + (Sea) RB Ronald Jones 
  3. OT D. Harrison
  4. Edge Rusher S. Teuhema
  5. CB Danny Johnson (look this dude up!)
  6. WR Antonio Callaway
  7. ILB Frank Ginda

Ball park of team next sept

QB: Rosen, McCown, Hackenberg

Oline; Beachum, Joekel, Richburg, Winters,  Hubbard, Harrison,

RB: Ronald Jones, Powell, Sims.

WR: Watkins, Anderson, Kearse, Stewart, Callaway

TE: ASJ, Burton, Leggett, Sterling

Dline: Williams, Ealy, Poe, Thornton, Simon

LB: Davenport, Jenkins, Lee, Davis, Teuhema, Ginda

Secondary: Adams, Maye, Claiborne, Colvin, Burris, Johnson, Brooks, Coleman, Roberts

So whatcha think?

Why release Enunwa -- give him a 2nd or original round tender.  If the guy is healthy, he would be a bargain and it is only one year. 

I am guessing we will need to give up one of our 2nds plus next year's one to get Rosen.  

Other than that, I like what you have laid out -- love your top 3 draft picks.   Only other move I would make is to release Ijalana.  $6MM cap hit next season, only $1.25MM dead money.  Seems like a no brainer.

Who is the OT in the 4th -- Desmond Harrison from West GA???

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Why release Enunwa -- give him a 2nd or original round tender.  If the guy is healthy, he would be a bargain and it is only one year. 

I am guessing we will need to give up one of our 2nds plus next year's one to get Rosen.  

Other than that, I like what you have laid out -- love your top 3 draft picks.   Only other move I would make is to release Ijalana.  $6MM cap hit next season, only $1.25MM dead money.  Seems like a no brainer.

Who is the OT in the 4th -- Desmond Harrison from West GA???

eh, he's not young anymore, took a while to develop and then broke his neck... I'll use that roster spot on Kearse instead. Not sure Q bounces back.

Same Harrison, ex-Longhorn in round 3. I think 2019 #1 pick to move up from 6 to 3 is enough. We keep our 2nd and use it on RJ 

+noted about Ijalana. I actually anticipated cutting but didn't think to list him because i thought he negligible. 6M?? Gone! 

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

eh, he's not young anymore, took a while to develop and then broke his neck... I'll use that roster spot on Kearse instead. Not sure Q bounces back.

Same Harrison, ex-Longhorn in round 3. I think 2019 #1 pick to move up from 6 to 3 is enough. We keep our 2nd and use it on RJ 

+noted about Ijalana. I actually anticipated cutting but didn't think to list him because i thought he negligible. 6M?? Gone! 

If healthy, I think Enunwa is a better playmaker than Kearse.  I would at least slap an original round tender on him.  If he starts the season on PUP he does not take a roster spot, and an original round tender is likely less than $2MM.  I am willing to spend that to see if he can come back healthy -- he will only be 26 at the start of the season.

Hope you are right on the cost to move up, just that when a QB is involved the cost tends to be high..  So, who do you have the Giants taking at 2 instead of Rosen.  Williams/Barkley?

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

If healthy, I think Enunwa is a better playmaker than Kearse.  I would at least slap an original round tender on him.  If he starts the season on PUP he does not take a roster spot, and an original round tender is likely less than $2MM.  I am willing to spend that to see if he can come back healthy -- he will only be 26 at the start of the season.

Hope you are right on the cost to move up, just that when a QB is involved the cost tends to be high..  So, who do you have the Giants taking at 2 instead of Rosen.  Williams/Barkley?

I feel like CLE is going to end up with Mayfield. Dorsey loves him and tho lots can happen between now and then. Darnold to NYG or yea, barkley.

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I feel like CLE is going to end up with Mayfield. Dorsey loves him and tho lots can happen between now and then. Darnold to NYG or yea, barkley.

Gotcha.  Was just wondering about the scenario that had Rosen falling to 3.  I assumed Darnold 1 to Cleveland.

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'll be honest I don't approve of anything you did in this offseason outside of cutting the obvious players. Enunwa is an RFA why wouldn't you tender him for cheap? 

Go on then, i'm interested to hear why. not approving of anything is pretty significant, so i'm all ears.

Re. Enunwa -- just cause he's contractually not complicated/expensive doesn't mean I'd spend one of our 53 roster spots on him. I see 5 WRs on the active roster, 6 if you keep Hansen on STs... Watkins, Anderson, Kearse, Stewart, Callaway. I chose them over Enunwa. 

5 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Why move on from RT Shell? Seems like 3d round pick could be better used than trying to upgrade RT.

Also, you don't envision a better RB than Jones being available at the top of round 3?

Overall, I like it a lot. Just curious about these 2 choices.

I actually had shell in there with one my later edits. You can keep him in there. to me he'd be one of our 2 backups. Hubbard's better. The 3rd rnd pick Harrison is a future LT to begin succeeding Beachum. 

Re Enunwa - what everybody else said

Re Skrine - I don't think he is worth the money either, but what is the alternative? If he gets cut, I thinks its only after the team signs 2 other starting caliber CBs in free agency. 

Re Ealy - I grew tepid on him as the season wore on. I just didn't see the pass rush productivity I was expecting. 

I guess I understand swapping Carpenter for Joeckel, I just don't know how much of an upgrade that actually is. 

I like the Watkins signing. I guess I'm ok with the Sims signing as long as its low cost. 

I think I'd rather keep McClendon vs. signing Poe. Similar production at half the cost. 

Who is the edge rusher you drafted in round 4?

If you bring back McCown against a rookie and Hack, I can tell you right now without even blinking when Bowles will start. And it is not anyone under 25. 

I also don’t think you can get to three without giving up one of the 2nds. 

I also wouldn’t touch Sammy Watkins with a ten foot pole. The Jets have Anderson. That’s pretty much the same player. 

Some of the players you’re holding on to I would have to see the contract numbers first. 

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

Go on then, i'm interested to hear why. not approving of anything is pretty significant, so i'm all ears.

Re. Enunwa -- just cause he's contractually not complicated/expensive doesn't mean I'd spend one of our 53 roster spots on him. I see 5 WRs on the active roster, 6 if you keep Hansen on STs... Watkins, Anderson, Kearse, Stewart, Callaway. I chose them over Enunwa. 

Watkins will be expensive for a player who is often injured and under performs in big games. What do you think he gets? $10-13M on the open market most likely, Enunwa for $4M is more in line with how I'd like to handle WR this offseason. If he retires or can't stay healthy then we'll have upwards of $45M next offseason to spend on a WR. I'd rather look in house first especially when WR wasn't really an issue this year without Enunwa.

Richburg played 4 games this year and has been a part of one of the worst OLs in football. If we are upgrading at C and we have $111M in cap then why not get a good center?

Why pay Hubbard when Shell has been fine? IMO he looked better because he played with Pouncy and Decastro.

Joekel is another player from one of the worst OLs in football so again not sure I want him protecting our new QB.

As far as defense it looks like you are going the cost effective route so I'm okay with that I guess.

The issue I have with the draft is I think Rosen goes top 2 so it will likely cost us more than just #6 and next years first. By resigning McCown teams will know we are gunning for a QB in the draft so I'd have to imagine there will be teams competing with us. I like the pick and would be ecstatic if it happened but I don't see it as a realistic possibility for that price.

I'd be stunned if Davenport doesn't go in the 1st round, I like him but with his size a lot of people will look to take him top 20, some have him graded as the 2nd best pass rusher after Chubb.

I like RB with 2b but I prefer other backs to Jones, but again I think it will cost more to trade up for Rosen so I don't think we have both these second rounders.

outside of that I like the positions you hit in the draft but I don't know much outside the top 2 rounds.

Good effort, some interesting names I hadn’t considered(Lynch,Hubbard,Burton)will take your word on them, I always think free agency is as much about discovering those under the radar guys who will provide great value going forward rather than splurging huge dollars on marquee names who ultimately become cap casualties after 2 seasons anyway. Carpenter is a good example. The ultimate FA is a guy like Mawae, Young(27 or less) and enough under the radar but with a proven track record as a starter to make a long term major investment worthwhile

it’s also about resurrecting guys like Claiborne, talent but with question marks, we’ve had some successes in recent years getting value out of guys with injury questions such as Laron Landry and the like.

The other thing people forget about is that between now and training camp a lot of very interesting players will shake loose due to cap considerations or changes in coaching staffs. These can be hugely significant ways to round out a roster without crippling your long term cap. Just this past year we added major contributors in Demario Davis and Jermaine Kearse through low outlay trades and Kony Ealy through a surprise realease. I’m sure if I thought harder there are other good examples over recent times. These players aren’t on their own going to make a playoff run but can be difference makers when it comes to augmenting the odd position.

There are a lot of players who will become available that we have no clue about yet and some will be of the ‘didn’t see that coming’ variety. Does a Damon Harrison or Olivier Vernon shake loose for cap reasons? Ndamukong Suh? Maybe a decent veteran C like Alex Mack(wishful thinking I know)gets released. There will be interesting contributors available as the offseason progresses and one of the reasons i’m not ready to quit on Maccagnan just yet is that I think his pro personnel scouting and recruitment has been quietly effective.

as for your moves?

Like others have said i’m sticking with Enunwa for now

I like the Dontari Poe move, McLendon is ok but I still think our NT/DT rotation is just a bit meh. Poe at least has some Kris Jenkins like potential. 

Watkins I could be on board with, low risk high reward ... but I guess this only makes sense if we move on from Q 

‘Brandon Shell is underrated by Jets fans, durability is a concern so fir that reason drafting an OT is fine but I’m giving him a 3rd year to prove whether or not he’s the long term answer at RT

Don’t see Joeckel as an upgrade much at all, Carpenter is a good reliable guy, he needs a competent C on his right

I think i like the idea of Ryan Jensen over Richburg but with his injury history Richburg might be available on a 1 year deal...good fall back

Colvin i’ve not seen much but a good young corner like him or EJ Gaines makes sense. Need an upgrade over Buster Skrine

Ealy is my lowest priority resign, nice to have back at the right price but with only 1 sack I still don’t see him being the answer to our ever ongoing pass rush deficiency. We have to be able to do better

Ijalana is a nothing player and with 6M cap sailing as clear a no-brainier cut as I can think of

my take FA 

I’m still intruiged by the possibility Sheldon Richardson might be available. If he’d come back and in a deal that doesn’t lock us into a cap bind I’d be on board.

I like Justin Ellis rather than Thornton

i re-sign Dakota Dozier over Ijalana

McCown back as a number 2 because....

Teddy Bridgewater at QB1

my take DRAFT

against all expectations Maccagnan, far from trading up in the draft . trades back a few, picking up another 2 in 2018 and 1 in 2019....maybe more depending on how far back we trade(Jet Nation goes nuts about this, predictably)

With no QB other thanRosen ready to step in as a day 1 starter and with TeddyB and McCown onboard for 2019 Mac goes either Allen/Jackson/Rudolph in the first or Falk 2(a)

if we go Falk in the 2nd it’s either McGlinchey or Arden Key/Marcus Davenport in the 1st

otherwise 2(a) Martinas Rankin/Harold Landry/Damien Harris 2(b) Hercules Mata’afa/Sony Michel 2(c) Will Hernandez/Jaylen Samuels

3rd-Jaleel Scott WR New Mexico State or Dante Pettis WR/RS Washington

4th-MJ Stewart CB North Carolina

5th-Ja’Von Rolland-Jones OLB Arkansas State 

6th-Matt Thomas ILB Miami

7th-Daylon Mack DT Texas A&M

I hate doing mock off seasons because of course it never comes anywhere close and so much will change between now and draft day. For all we know the Browns will fall in love with Josh Allen at No1 overall, perhaps Darnold or Rosen drop...maybe Mayfield. So much hinges on FA and because I think that only really Rosen is a plug in and play on Day 1(and even then there are concerns with his durability and attitude)I think we have to go hard for a veteran who will start the season that isn’t McCown. If that is Cousins indon’t see the point in QB early because he’ll surely command a deal that locks him in as your guy at least the next 3 years. Bridgewater if he hits free agency will be a 1 year ‘prove it’ deal, therefor going QB in the first still makes sense .

Anyhow, just my thoughts......flame away

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If you bring back McCown against a rookie and Hack, I can tell you right now without even blinking when Bowles will start. And it is not anyone under 25. 

I also don’t think you can get to three without giving up one of the 2nds. 

I also wouldn’t touch Sammy Watkins with a ten foot pole. The Jets have Anderson. That’s pretty much the same player. 

Some of the players you’re holding on to I would have to see the contract numbers first. 

Robby Anderson was arguably the best young player on the team last year. Why would it be a bad thing to have another one? 

9 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Robby Anderson was arguably the best young player on the team last year. Why would it be a bad thing to have another one? 

Anderson is cheap. Watkins is expensive and injury prone and a one trick pony. You need receivers with multiple skill sets. Not just go deep like Watkins does. 

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Anderson is cheap. Watkins is expensive and injury prone and a one trick pony. You need receivers with multiple skill sets. Not just go deep like Watkins does. 

Is one trick so bad when it happens to be catching TDs at an elite rate? Watkins was legit this year and only 25 next, seems like one of the few really appealing FAs. Definitely would not avoid him because he’s similar to one of the Jets’ handful decent players. 

35 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Is one trick so bad when it happens to be catching TDs at an elite rate? Watkins was legit this year and only 25 next, seems like one of the few really appealing FAs. Definitely would not avoid him because he’s similar to one of the Jets’ handful decent players. 

Yes. We should definitely have two deep threats with a limited route tree with McCown as QB. Because we all know that’s coming. Good idea. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. We should definitely have two deep threats

You keep saying this like it’s a bad thing. From there both guys had top 50 seasons from WRs last year, per FO, including a top 10-15 season from Watkins despite these probably exaggerated limitations. 

Also - McCown worked well with Anderson...In your imaginary scenario where they inevitably resign McCown, why would having a better version of Anderson + Anderson hurt? 

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

You keep saying this like it’s a bad thing. From there both guys had top 50 seasons from WRs last year, per FO, including a top 10-15 season from Watkins despite these probably exaggerated limitations. 

Also - McCown worked well with Anderson...In your imaginary scenario where they inevitably resign McCown, why would having a better version of Anderson + Anderson hurt? 

Less than 40 catches and less than 600 yards is a top 50 season on what planet? Sammy Watkins is going to command money he hasn’t earned and won’t make worthwhile. He’s just not that good. Going to have to just agree to disagree here. You like a player, I don’t. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Less than 40 catches and less than 600 yards is a top 50 season on what planet? Sammy Watkins is going to command money he hasn’t earned and won’t make worthwhile. He’s just not that good. Going to have to just agree to disagree here. You like a player, I don’t. 

Probably coincidence you left out of the 8 TDs. Bet if that number were smaller it would’t be forgotten. 

It’s more that you don’t like a player for reasons that don’t really make sense. Jaylon Smith in the 2nd too :wink: 

7 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Probably coincidence you left out of the 8 TDs. Bet if that number were smaller it would’t be forgotten. 

It’s more that you don’t like a player for reasons that don’t really make sense. Jaylon Smith in the 2nd too :wink: 

Jaylon Smith is already better than any Jets linebacker. That’s not a hill you want to die on. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jaylon Smith is already better than any Jets linebacker. That’s not a hill you want to die on. 

All that from a 2nd round pick? Fallen on my own sword with that one.

Anyway yeah - it’s fine to not want Watkins. Signing FAs is no one’s favorite route, particularly those of us who want to eat. I just think your reasoning is poppycock. 

47 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. We should definitely have two deep threats with a limited route tree with McCown as QB. Because we all know that’s coming. Good idea. 

I'm gonna be fair, he has had injury problems. He has seemingly found himself being utilized in a somewhat 1-dimensional role. 

However, you're not that ignorant - so you're choosing to be. Watkins is so much more than Anderson, and you know it. You don't like him? That's cool, but don't bullsh*t me about Anderson giving us everything Watkins will. He's at his best when he's YAC'ing, not just catching deep balls.

Just now, Paradis said:

I'm gonna be fair, he has had injury problems. He has seemingly found himself being utilized in a somewhat 1-dimensional role. 

However, you're not that ignorant - so you're choosing to be. Watkins is so much more than Anderson, and you know it. You don't like him? That's cool, but don't bullsh*t me about Anderson giving us everything Watkins will. He's at his best when he's YAC'ing, not just catching deep balls.

Yeah. I’m not going to entertain discussion further with you. There’s no reason to respond the way you do. You don’t have to be a dick - you’re just choosing to be. 

To the "save" Enunwa crowd:

How many WRs do you really think we're holding on to??

1. Anderson
  2. Kearse
  3. Stewart
  4. Hansen
  5. Enunwa
  6. 2018 rookie
  7. FA signee

So everyone saying "hey! get us some playmakers".... and so after the sh*tfest this year, I'm pretty confident we'll sign someone in FA. 

So you're all saying you'd rather go with the guy who broke his neck than Jermaine Kearse? 

I guess I disagree. Not how i'd spend my 53

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah. I’m not going to entertain discussion further with you. There’s no reason to respond the way you do. You don’t have to be a dick - you’re just choosing to be. 

Sorry to hear you feel that way. Don't know how much more of a sympathizer i can be, than to open the post with a "I hear you" kind of statement, which is exactly what i did. Saying that Watkins and Anderson are interchangeable is bullsh*t in my opinion. I'm not yelling or calling you names, i'm saying that's bullsh*t. 

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Good effort, some interesting names I hadn’t considered(Lynch,Hubbard,Burton)will take your word on them, I always think free agency is as much about discovering those under the radar guys who will provide great value going forward rather than splurging huge dollars on marquee names who ultimately become cap casualties after 2 seasons anyway. Carpenter is a good example. The ultimate FA is a guy like Mawae, Young(27 or less) and enough under the radar but with a proven track record as a starter to make a long term major investment worthwhile

it’s also about resurrecting guys like Claiborne, talent but with question marks, we’ve had some successes in recent years getting value out of guys with injury questions such as Laron Landry and the like.

The other thing people forget about is that between now and training camp a lot of very interesting players will shake loose due to cap considerations or changes in coaching staffs. These can be hugely significant ways to round out a roster without crippling your long term cap. Just this past year we added major contributors in Demario Davis and Jermaine Kearse through low outlay trades and Kony Ealy through a surprise realease. I’m sure if I thought harder there are other good examples over recent times. These players aren’t on their own going to make a playoff run but can be difference makers when it comes to augmenting the odd position.

There are a lot of players who will become available that we have no clue about yet and some will be of the ‘didn’t see that coming’ variety. Does a Damon Harrison or Olivier Vernon shake loose for cap reasons? Ndamukong Suh? Maybe a decent veteran C like Alex Mack(wishful thinking I know)gets released. There will be interesting contributors available as the offseason progresses and one of the reasons i’m not ready to quit on Maccagnan just yet is that I think his pro personnel scouting and recruitment has been quietly effective.

as for your moves?

Like others have said i’m sticking with Enunwa for now

I like the Dontari Poe move, McLendon is ok but I still think our NT/DT rotation is just a bit meh. Poe at least has some Kris Jenkins like potential. 

Watkins I could be on board with, low risk high reward ... but I guess this only makes sense if we move on from Q 

‘Brandon Shell is underrated by Jets fans, durability is a concern so fir that reason drafting an OT is fine but I’m giving him a 3rd year to prove whether or not he’s the long term answer at RT

Don’t see Joeckel as an upgrade much at all, Carpenter is a good reliable guy, he needs a competent C on his right

I think i like the idea of Ryan Jensen over Richburg but with his injury history Richburg might be available on a 1 year deal...good fall back

Colvin i’ve not seen much but a good young corner like him or EJ Gaines makes sense. Need an upgrade over Buster Skrine

Ealy is my lowest priority resign, nice to have back at the right price but with only 1 sack I still don’t see him being the answer to our ever ongoing pass rush deficiency. We have to be able to do better

Ijalana is a nothing player and with 6M cap sailing as clear a no-brainier cut as I can think of

my take FA 

I’m still intruiged by the possibility Sheldon Richardson might be available. If he’d come back and in a deal that doesn’t lock us into a cap bind I’d be on board.

I like Justin Ellis rather than Thornton

i re-sign Dakota Dozier over Ijalana

McCown back as a number 2 because....

Teddy Bridgewater at QB1

my take DRAFT

against all expectations Maccagnan, far from trading up in the draft . trades back a few, picking up another 2 in 2018 and 1 in 2019....maybe more depending on how far back we trade(Jet Nation goes nuts about this, predictably)

With no QB other thanRosen ready to step in as a day 1 starter and with TeddyB and McCown onboard for 2019 Mac goes either Allen/Jackson/Rudolph in the first or Falk 2(a)

if we go Falk in the 2nd it’s either McGlinchey or Arden Key/Marcus Davenport in the 1st

otherwise 2(a) Martinas Rankin/Harold Landry/Damien Harris 2(b) Hercules Mata’afa/Sony Michel 2(c) Will Hernandez/Jaylen Samuels

3rd-Jaleel Scott WR New Mexico State or Dante Pettis WR/RS Washington

4th-MJ Stewart CB North Carolina

5th-Ja’Von Rolland-Jones OLB Arkansas State 

6th-Matt Thomas ILB Miami

7th-Daylon Mack DT Texas A&M

I hate doing mock off seasons because of course it never comes anywhere close and so much will change between now and draft day. For all we know the Browns will fall in love with Josh Allen at No1 overall, perhaps Darnold or Rosen drop...maybe Mayfield. So much hinges on FA and because I think that only really Rosen is a plug in and play on Day 1(and even then there are concerns with his durability and attitude)I think we have to go hard for a veteran who will start the season that isn’t McCown. If that is Cousins indon’t see the point in QB early because he’ll surely command a deal that locks him in as your guy at least the next 3 years. Bridgewater if he hits free agency will be a 1 year ‘prove it’ deal, therefor going QB in the first still makes sense .

Anyhow, just my thoughts......flame away

thanks for sharing. It is somewhat of an exercise in wasted time with FA yet to begin and the pool of veterans cut before their contract's end hasn't even been established.

I'm in the "we have to draft a QB" club, so anything short of that is tough for me to assess. In a version where we sign Teddy and draft Falk, i'd be intrigued, but that'd take a bit to disgest.

Is Poe really an expensive signing? I thought he was coming in at very average numbers, but that his career has become static. 

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Watkins will be expensive for a player who is often injured and under performs in big games. What do you think he gets? $10-13M on the open market most likely, Enunwa for $4M is more in line with how I'd like to handle WR this offseason. If he retires or can't stay healthy then we'll have upwards of $45M next offseason to spend on a WR. I'd rather look in house first especially when WR wasn't really an issue this year without Enunwa.

Richburg played 4 games this year and has been a part of one of the worst OLs in football. If we are upgrading at C and we have $111M in cap then why not get a good center?

Why pay Hubbard when Shell has been fine? IMO he looked better because he played with Pouncy and Decastro.

Joekel is another player from one of the worst OLs in football so again not sure I want him protecting our new QB.

As far as defense it looks like you are going the cost effective route so I'm okay with that I guess.

The issue I have with the draft is I think Rosen goes top 2 so it will likely cost us more than just #6 and next years first. By resigning McCown teams will know we are gunning for a QB in the draft so I'd have to imagine there will be teams competing with us. I like the pick and would be ecstatic if it happened but I don't see it as a realistic possibility for that price.

I'd be stunned if Davenport doesn't go in the 1st round, I like him but with his size a lot of people will look to take him top 20, some have him graded as the 2nd best pass rusher after Chubb.

I like RB with 2b but I prefer other backs to Jones, but again I think it will cost more to trade up for Rosen so I don't think we have both these second rounders.

outside of that I like the positions you hit in the draft but I don't know much outside the top 2 rounds.

You might be right about the Oline signings, but I'm banking on their upside. I think all 3 would be an upgrade, but it could be more of the same.

All good, nice to get some proper talk about roster upgrading and where we can improve rather than the usual ‘we suck at everything we do and are doomed to failure forever and damned to hell in eternity etc etc’

Would Bridgewater/McCown/Falk be easier to digest with the realisation that we’d added our QB of today and tomorrow and all the while harvested an additional first rounder in 2019?

i’m with you on we have to go QB but I just think at this stage so many questions about literally every prospect that the smart move is to not go into the draft absolutely having to go QB at 6. it’s still prudent to leave options open and get the right guy not just any old guy. If Rosen drops or we can get up to get him without mortgaging the future by ceding a boatload of future picks then i’m all for it but personally the guys I’m most impressed with are not necessarily Rosen and definitely not Darnold.

Not sure about Poe and numbers, think he’s still regarded as an upper echelon NT and still plenty young enough to have upside.

I have no problem issue with not keeping Enunwa. First of all the receivers played well this year for the most part and at all fairly young.  Then factor in the ASJ re-signing I don’t know where Q fits in this system. The neck injury may or may not be an issue in the future, but our offense did not miss Q this year. For the record I like Q, I just don’t see him as a #1 WR which is what we are missing. 

So I voted YES that I would take this off-season. Rosen has been my favorite QB all year followed by Darnold. Not bad @Paradis

Archived