Odds to Land Cousins

JoJoTownsell1

Just now, slats said:

Obviously, there are infinite potentialities. I just don't see Indy having any interest in trading down that far. As it stands, picks three and four aren't likely QB destinations, so five is a nice slot to trade into. But Denver or the Jets could easily try to slide up to three or four, thus changing the equation. 

i could also see the giants trading out, if they don't want to take a qb.  i agree i see indy staying. 

odds are that cousins does not come to the jets, i just don't see him believing he can turn this team into a winner.  that will put inordinate pressure on our gm, who would rather dink around with his scouting reports on safeties and linebackers and defensive linemen, to draft a qb in the first round.  

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pac said:

I agree but people on this board and in the media are acting like the Broncos are close to a SB..  it's ridiculous..  they won 5 games and have no dynamic players on offense but they're supposedly a juggernaut. 

DT/Sanders/CJ over Anderson/Kearse/Powell though. That’s the main problem. O line? Well I know ours is garbage but idk anything about theirs.

Defense? Guess this is our smallest gap in unit comparisons. It’s still a stretch though because they have Von Miller, Chris Harris, Talib and Brandon Marshall...to say the Jets roster can be as competitive with Cousins as Denver can be, is a bit of a stretch.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Kurt Warner said it too. Why are we so hated lmao?

I don't think it's Jets hate.  i think the team looks like a bad situation for a suddenly FA QB at the top of the game.  Call it an indictment of our GM, our coaching staff, or our on-field talent.   Does this team feel like it is a QB away from a Super Bowl?  

Just now, nycdan said:

If they cut Talib to make cap space, it might be a great oppty for the Jets to snag him.  Create the narrative of two teams moving in opposite directions.

This is another reason why if it's not us it has to be Denver.

We can sign Talib in addition to removing a QB needy team in front of us.  While other teams could try and move up to 5 the Jets can swap places and shoot them a 3rd rounder which is better than what most can offer.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Bottom line, this is why perception plays in this field and is so important

It played last year when the Jets were expected to be the worst team in football and it is playing here.

Hey, you aren’t wrong as far as it playing a role here. People think Denver is going to be absolutely great with competent QB play because they were prior to Mannin retiring. In fact, prior to him retiring they won the super bowl. The roster from then is for the most part still intact. Are they still that good though? 

19 minutes ago, slats said:

Hence why I referred to it as infamous. If you have a better tool, by all means, please share. 

I was just asking, the value chart is something I’ve heard of but never took seriously enough to pay attention to. 

I’m mostly enjoying learning about all the open road ahead for any non-Jets franchise using Football/JN Math - which is not limited to that post or the value chart. 

1 minute ago, KD Allen said:

Broncos fans have been getting on my nerves lately. "wE hAvE a tOp 5 DEfEnSE aND a eLItE WR duO." And I'm just like, your only notable win was against Dallas week 2. You could EASILY be 1-15. 

Remember when they shut the Jets out and were whipping their ass so bad the Jets coaching staff admitted to quitting on the game?

1 minute ago, KD Allen said:

Broncos fans have been getting on my nerves lately. "wE hAvE a tOp 5 DEfEnSE aND a eLItE WR duO." And I'm just like, your only notable win was against Dallas week 2. You could EASILY be 1-15. 

Or 2-14 considering the fact they blew us out of the water with Trevor Siemian. 

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Are they still that good though? 

They’re picking top 5, coming off 5-11, the offense and STs were bottom 3 units, will cut 3/4 of the badass 2015 secondary by March, lost that OL, lost the QB,  have little payroll flexibility, but do have Elway. The Elway part perhaps makes the answer most obvious - they might be better. Don’t forget these guys came to the Jets’ house in a battle of superpowers came away with a shutout victory. 

56 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Perhaps they'll trade up for one, yes. Then again going 9-7 this past season and losing a playoff game, when their defense held the opposition to 10 points, may have them believing they're contenders right now with Cousins plus a pair of 1st rounders that now don't have to be used on a QB. On top of that, there's no bust potential where a current contender window could be squandered breaking in a 1st round QB that maybe never pans out. 

Cousins makes sense for anyone who wants an instant, above average starting QB, who doesn't feel they're likely to get a better (plus far cheaper) one in the draft. That includes Buffalo as much as any team.

Certainly plausible that Buffalo could jump into the Cousins sweepstakes.  Bottom line is none of us have any clue as to what these teams are planning. Cousins, other FA, draft, trade.  Nor do we know how Cousins views his options.  No matter what happens, its going to be an interesting off-season.

I am still waiting for the time to come again when the season is more interesting than the off season for Jet fans.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

They’re picking top 5, coming off 5-11, the offense and STs were bottom 3 units, will cut 3/4 of the badass 2015 secondary by March, lost that OL, lost the QB,  have little payroll flexibility, but do have Elway. The Elway part perhaps makes the answer most obvious - they might be better. Don’t forget these guys came to the Jets’ house in a battle of powerhouses came away with a shutout victory. 

wasn't that in denver?

also i think there will be another team like ariz that will make a real run at cousins, and that team could land him.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I dont know what this means.  But when I look at that the standings from the 2017 season, the Jets and Broncos were both 5-11 and the Broncos pushed the Jets sh*t in so hard, the Jets quit. 

I'm just looking at it from the individual games I guess. It didn't seem like they were IN most of their games. 

Just now, JiF said:

I dont know what this means.  But when I look at that the standings from the 2017 season, the Jets and Broncos were both 5-11 and the Broncos pushed the Jets sh*t in so hard, the Jets quit. 

I think the typical football fan knows they were watching a sleeping giant wake up that week.

2 minutes ago, KD Allen said:

I'm just looking at it from the individual games I guess. It didn't seem like they were IN most of their games. 

The Broncos are loaded, they just need a QB.  They went 5-5 with Siemian.  0-6 with Osweiler and Lynch.

Archived