Per sources, Jets could offer Kirk Cousins fully guaranteed contract. (Merged Cousins Jets $$$ thread)

Just now, The Crusher said:

So far we drafted Petty and Hakcenburgh. I have a hard time believing we will make a good pick from our spot and harder time they will commit what they would need to to move up. Without getting Cousins we will end up with an old starting QB and a young guy who will sit on the bench. I don't see them trying to develop a QB who isn't the obvious day 1 starter type.  Without Cousins I think we pretty much mirror next year. I just do. Im sorry.

So if they pick a QB in top 10, you think he's sitting on the bench the whole season??? Not a chance. 

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Predicts Cousins to Denver but basically says it is a coin flip between them and Jets, also reiterates that it is known league wide NYJ is basically willing to give Cousins blank check

I look at Denver without Talib. He was a STUD last year, played incredibly well. Broncos are 2 injuries away from disaster. They have 2 WRs OVER 30. Not many WRs are IN THEIR PRIME after 30. Most WRs over 30 start breaking down, hamstrings, ect. 

Sanders will be 31 years old- 47-555- 2 TDs last year. (11 million cap hit 2018).

Thomas had 3 TDs & failed to go over 1000 yards. (12 million cap hit 2018).

* With 23 million dedicated to 2 WRs how can Denver justify spending any more money on the position? 1 injury to either of these guys or to a player like Von Miller on the defense & this team is TOAST!

Robbie Anderson 25 years old- 63-941- 7 TD last year (yes, I know he will be suspended a few games). Kearse- 28 years old- 65-810-5 TDs. 

Quincy Enunwa- 2016- 58- 857- 4 TDs (yes he's a question mark)

* Plus the Jets have a couple youngsters in Hansen & Stewart + can easily fit a player like Landry or Robinson into the mix. 

I think it's complete fallacy that Denver is the better destination for success. It's just a talking point in the media but Anderson almost had the same yards as Thomas & 4 more TDs. Kearse numbers blow away Sanders. Everything said in the media regarding the Broncos is based on their past Super Bowl. 3 years is eternity in the NFL, everything changes.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetster said:

I look at Denver without Talib. He was a STUD last year, played incredibly well. Broncos are 2 injuries away from disaster. They have 2 WRs OVER 30. Not many WRs are IN THEIR PRIME after 30. Most WRs over 30 start breaking down, hamstrings, ect. 

Sanders will be 31 years old- 47-555- 2 TDs last year. (11 million cap hit 2018).

* With 23 million dedicated to 2 WRs how can Denver justify spending any more money on the position? 1 injury to either of these guys or to a player like Von Miller on the defense & this team is TOAST!

Robbie Anderson 25 years old- 63-941- 7 TD last year (yes, I know he will be suspended a few games). Kearse- 28 years old- 65-810-5 TDs. 

* Plus the Jets have a couple youngsters in Hansen & Stewart + can easily fit a player like Landry or Robinson into the mix. 

I think it's complete fallacy that Denver is the better destination for success. It's just a talking point in the media but Anderson almost had the same yards as Thomas & 4 more TDs. Kearse numbers blow away Sanders. Everything said in the media regarding the Broncos is based on their past Super Bowl. 3 years is eternity in the NFL, everything changes.

Denver has John Elway and Vance Joseph there NY Jets have Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

So if they pick a QB in top 10, you think he's sitting on the bench the whole season??? Not a chance. 

I think if they pick anyone other than Darnold, Rosen or possibly Mayfield the majority of the season will go to a vet. With any of those three I see them taking the shot on them early. I just don't think from where we are we get a shot at any of those three.  Im not even sure Mayfield belongs in that list either.

Just now, The Crusher said:

I think if they pick anyone other than Darnold, Rosen or possibly Mayfield the majority of the season will go to a vet. With any of those three I see them taking the shot on them early. I just don't think from where we are we get a shot at any of those three.

I think whoever it is, they'll get a chance to show they're able to start and run the offense. If they end up looking totally lost then yeah, McCown will start until he's ready. And if that happens...we're screwed lol

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Come on man Macc over Elway??????

Not saying Mac over anyone. Just saying Elway has been bad at drafting. He's done nothing amazing but bring in Manning. I'd say Peyton did more for the Broncos then Elway did.  Everyone says we're taking the shortcut with Cousins. Elway has done nothing but shortcuts to build his team. It's been all through free agency. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

I think whoever it is, they'll get a chance to show they're able to start and run the offense. If they end up looking totally lost then yeah, McCown will start until he's ready. And if that happens...we're screwed lol

Yeah. Pretty much. That's what you get when the owners baby brother is left to watch the team and applauds a 3 and 3 record because pundits said we would be worse, haha wow. Looks worse when I write it.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

no if the kid isnt ready right out of the gate it doesnt mean we are screwed, many rookies need to get used to the speed of the game before they can adjust and be successful. If we do go the rookie route he wont start at first.....mcclown will for a few games and then the rook will come in like Eli did

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Denver has John Elway and Vance Joseph there NY Jets have Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles. 

Well than we'll call that EVEN! Elway drafted Simian & Lynch. Macc drafted Petty & Hack. Joseph with a better defense had less wins than Bowles & didn't play the Pats twice, lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, jetspenguin said:

no if the kid isnt ready right out of the gate it doesnt mean we are screwed, many rookies need to get used to the speed of the game before they can adjust and be successful. If we do go the rookie route he wont start at first.....mcclown will for a few games and then the rook will come in like Eli did

I just mean I'd hope he looks a little competent and not look lost like Hack did. Either way, they need to have a plan to start him at some point and let him learn in game. They're not gonna get by letting a QB sit a whole season again, let alone a top 10 pick. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2018 at 3:20 PM, Patriot Killa said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.milehighreport.com/platform/amp/2018/2/17/17023512/jets-kirk-cousins-fully-guaranteed-contract-broncos

The Denver Broncos and New York Jets are emerging as the serious contenders for Kirk Cousins once free agency begins. The Broncos have the ability to offer Cousins a lucrative contract, but will need to appeal to his desire to win to overcome the massive cap advantage the Jets will hold in these negotiations.

One way they can bring down the Broncos in these sweepstakes is to offer Cousins a fully guaranteed contract.

According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, league sources believe the Jets could offer Cousins a 4-6 year fully guaranteed contract to sway him to sign with them.

With Cousins rocketing toward the open market (efforts by his current team to conjure up a way to trade him notwithstanding), the question becomes whether the next contract he signs will be fully guaranteed, for the full duration of its four, five, or six years.

One team already is being pegged in league circles as having the willingness to do it: The Jets. If the Jets will do it, other suitors for Cousins may have no choice but to follow suit.     

John Elway has a tendency to avoid big cap issues beyond 2-3 years, so he might balk at offering a deal like this to Cousins as the fully guaranteed aspect of the contract in years 4-6 could/would impact the cap in ways the Broncos may not like. 

he's gonna sign with denver..

:Chrismaz_PDT:  

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Denver just had their first losing season in the past 7 years breaking in a rookie Head Coach and starting 3 different QB's.  They've been to the Super Bowl twice in the last 5 years and won one of them.

I know I dont have to talk about the Jets success or lack there of, I'm sure you're well aware of how long it's been since the Jets have been to the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl.

I think the entire world views Denver as a better landing spot outside of NY/NJ because the Jets suck and are a joke of a franchise while Denver has been one of the most successful franchises in the league.  It's not about the confidence in the current roster.  It's about the confidence in the franchise and the guys making the decisions.  Pretty sure Denver has the Jets beat in the dept. as well.

The Jet are light years away from being competitive and Denver might just be a QB away from another SB appearance with or without Talib.  

If Cousins was really looking for a win now turn key roster, he'd go to the Vikings and not even think twice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Well than we'll call that EVEN! Elway drafted Simian & Lynch. Macc drafted Petty & Hack. Joseph with a better defense had less wins than Bowles & didn't play the Pats twice, lol. 

Sadder is comparing the Jets and Broncos they both currently suck. 

Lets raise the bar here. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Denver just had their first losing season in the past 7 years breaking in a rookie Head Coach and starting 3 different QB's.  They've been to the Super Bowl twice in the last 5 years and won one of them.

I know I dont have to talk about the Jets success or lack there of, I'm sure you're well aware of how long it's been since the Jets have been to the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl.

I think the entire world views Denver as a better landing spot outside of NY/NJ because the Jets suck and are a joke of a franchise while Denver has been one of the most successful franchises in the league.  It's not about the confidence in the current roster.  It's about the confidence in the franchise and the guys making the decisions.  Pretty sure Denver has the Jets beat in the dept. as well.

The Jet are light years away from being competitive and Denver might just be a QB away from another SB appearance with or without Talib.  

If Cousins was really looking for a win now turn key roster, he'd go to the Vikings and not even think twice. 

Oh give me a f*cking break! They just lost 8 games IN A ROW without any significant injuries in 2017. Are you gonna tell me the f*cking QB that we JUST BROUGHT IN who had previously won 2 f*cking games in 2 freaking YEARS is that much better than Simian or Osweiller?

Bullsh*t, I ain't buying it. Thomas & Sanders are 3 years older & crossed the 30 threshold and will be paid a COMBINED 23 million in 2018. How long are they around for at those ridiculous salaries? You act like ANYONE will come in & replace Talib, yea, like Revis was replaced here when he left, lol. I could give a flying f*ck that Elway is their GM, and I will guarantee you that the turnover about to happen in the next 2 years will be much more dramatic in Denver than in NY with the Jets after 2018 draft & free agency. 

Jets will be much a much younger team going forward, playing in a division which is very close to finally seeing huge changes in New England. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but we'll see. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Kirk Cousins alone will win nothing here so spending all that money on a team with so many glaring needs is foolish. 

The pieces aren't here and 1 piece wont do it. 

This has Neal O'Donnell written all over it if the NY Jets overpay. 

This is ridiculous. Did O'Donnell ever throw for over 3000 yards? Or throw 27 TDs? I highly doubt it. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

You have to move up for him. You're giving up next multiple picks, including our first this year and next, for him?

The price for one of the top QBs in the draft is very steep, too.

Only if we don't have to move up, nope on the picks unless Mac is still here.  If we have the same regime what does it matter?

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This is ridiculous. Did O'Donnell ever throw for over 3000 yards? Or throw 27 TDs? I highly doubt it. 

In 1993, he had another great season throwing for a career-high 3,208 passing yards, 14 touchdowns, and 7 interceptions finishing with a 1.4 interception percentage, the second lowest in his career.

O'Donnell led the Steelers to Super Bowl XXX, but threw two interceptions to Dallas Cowboys cornerback Larry Brown to set up short touchdown drives in the second half. He became a free agent at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

The receivers are fine as a unit. The O-Line needs one, maybe two additions, and we need a RB. It's doable.

We don't have a true #1 WR and we do need a RB if Powell stayed healthy id like to see him as our feature back as he always produces,McGuire is decent need an Alvin Kamara type in that backfield. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-jets-pay-whatever-takes-154848534.html

According to Cimini, the Jets are willing to pay whatever it takes to sign Cousins. With us having the resources to do so, Cousins in the Big Apple is looking more like reality everyday.

Getting him would be idealistic. He instantly becomes the best QB we've ever had, and he's not even hit his prime yet. He's posted top 8 numbers, while behind a poor supporting cast over his last 3 seasons. WE sign him, build up in the draft, and we have a contending team.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3