I miss Rex and Tanny

jgb

5 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Why can’t we just get a Gettleman or a Dorsey?

so the guy who inherited the core of a SB team w/ Carolina then was fired a year after that talent led them to SB that has been doing an atrocious job w/ NYG so far?  that's who you want?

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

An awesome day in my life would be that Rex, Tanny, Bowles and Mcc get loaded into a circus clown car in Times Square.  Then it is , safely, detonated to smithereens.

waste of explosives. Just drive the truck directly into a brick wall--fast enough to maim, but slow enough not to kill instantly--so they know what it feel like to be a fan of this bush league outfit.

Just now, jgb said:

waste of explosives. Just drive the truck directly into a brick wall--fast enough to maim, but slow enough not to kill instantly--so they know what it feel like to be a fan of this bush league outfit.

RLLOL!  That's dark.  And I love the concept.

I never had any doubt in my mind, Mac and Blowes sucked. This is how I always looked at it:

1) Mac is a better GM than Idzik. Mac does suck, no doubt about it, but ANYONE was better than Idzik. Hiring Mac wasn't necessarily about hiring the right guy, it was about divorcing themselves from Idzik.

2) Todd Bowles was an obvious step down from Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan was fired because of his association of belonging to the same front office as John Idzik. The very second I heard Bowles talk for the first time, I knew they had hired a worse HC than Rex.

The correct move all along should've been to fire Idzik and hire someone that was more concerned about making the team better than being preoccupied with trying to get Rex fired.

Either way, Rex would be gone by now. The Jets haven't drafted well in 10 plus years and that's death for any HC.

But losing out on Cousins is a good omen any way. Cousins is not good enough to win a SB. it would have really sucked if Mac had signed Cousins to some albatross contract. The fans find out in 2018 than Cousins sucks and was never the answer. Mac gets fired right after the 2018 season and now the Jets are f*cked having a terrible team, no cap space, and a QB making boo koo bucks and the Jets can't cut him.

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Rex and Tannenbaum were still far worse than the current idiots. BIGGG MACCC ATTACCCK (how do those coffee-soaked chin whiskers taste now, you credulous effing losers?) and Bowles at least aren't selling out the future to perpetuate the illusion of having a present.

Yeah, right.  Rex and Tannenbaum had success and even had a plan.  The first thing they did was trade up to get a QB and then they got that QB weapons.  The QB ultimately sucked and the plan ultimately failed, but at least they tried and at least they made some noise. 

The two jokers running the show have no idea what they're doing and everyone around the league knows it.  FAs won't even entertain the Jets.  It's amazing.

3 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Yeah, right.  Rex and Tannenbaum had success and even had a plan.  The first thing they did was trade up to get a QB and then they got that QB weapons.  The QB ultimately sucked and the plan ultimately failed, but at least they tried and at least they made some noise. 

The two jokers running the show have no idea what they're doing and everyone around the league knows it.  FAs won't even entertain the Jets.  It's amazing.

Thats really the kicker, I mean there was nothing to stop us from taking a shot. In fact everything was pointing to us finally having a plan and taking that shot. But instead, we do nothing and give up before we even started. 

16 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

The quarterback 'ultimately' sucked because he always sucked. That was not a reasonable move that just didn't work out. Sanchez wasn't good enough to beat John David Booty for the USC job after Leinart left so he had no experience. Quarterbacks who come into the league without having already developed the requisite skill set don't catch up. They stay behind. There's an aphorism about accepting something your enemy offers you. How did it not set off alarm bells in everyone's heads, even if you hate numbers and think all crapshoots are created equal, when Mangini, an actual smart person with no quarterback of his own in Cleveland, gave us the draft value steal of the century to move up? Those fat idiots got Trojan horsed. Sanchez revisionists are the worst people in the whole world.

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Tanny is destroying Miami with his dumb decisions. 

not sure what color the sky is in the world you live in, but the dolphins have done way better with Tanny then we have with the collection of hot garbage we have called the front office since he left.

40 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

not sure what color the sky is in the world you live in, but the dolphins have done way better with Tanny then we have with the collection of hot garbage we have called the front office since he left.

Just because im not comparing Tanny's dysfunction down in Miami to ours doesnt make his good. 

The sky is blue, but only when the Sun is out 

4 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The quarterback 'ultimately' sucked because he always sucked. That was not a reasonable move that just didn't work out. Sanchez wasn't good enough to beat John David Booty for the USC job after Leinart left so he had no experience. Quarterbacks who come into the league without having already developed the requisite skill set don't catch up. They stay behind. There's an aphorism about accepting something your enemy offers you. How did it not set off alarm bells in everyone's heads, even if you hate numbers and think all crapshoots are created equal, when Mangini, an actual smart person with no quarterback of his own in Cleveland, gave us the draft value steal of the century to move up? Those fat idiots got Trojan horsed. Sanchez revisionists are the worst people in the whole world.

The Jets gave up jack sh*t to move up to #5.  It was a great trade.

5 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I retract everything I said in this thread. Bring back Rex/tanny.

I understand the feeling. The first reaction is revulsion but then you consider the current situation... well, maybe they weren't so bad. Followed by projectile vomit.

Archived