Sheldon joins Cousins

Thai Jet

PFT reported that former Jet DL Sheldon Richardson has agreed to a 1 yr. deal with Minnesota.  No $$ amounts as of yet. I guess he's looking to feel the big love next year. This might force him to put out hard this year.

On the topic of the Vikings and how they are going to topple over---

Hypo:

1. Let's say we don't sign any big FA WR this year (easy enough as no major ones are left); and

2. Let's say we don't use a draft pick on a WR before the 4th round; and

3. Let's say we do sign Jordan Matthews (nice complementary receiver) for 4 years, 26M; and

4. Lets say we don't extend Robbie after this year; and

5. Let's say we don't extend Kearse after this year; and

6. Let's say that Hansen turns out to be a solid 3; then

7. I would love to get Stefon Diggs as our No.1. The guy will be ready for a PAYDAY. We will be itching for the playmaker to help out our second-year QB or Bridgewater. It would feel so good to deprive Minny of him. Minny will be scrambling to sign FAs. A franchise tag does seem likely.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is that good

PFF kind of gets a bad rap because of these silly grades. I mean, the Rookie Scouting Prospectus always has these too, albeit with Waldman disclaiming up and down that they're ridiculous and arbitrary and not a ranking in any useful sense and that he only does them because there would be riots if people paid money for draft stuff and it didn't have teh gradez. I buy the RSP for the other stuff. PFF is good for other stuff. Tell me Harold Landry is an 83.9 I dunno what the **** you're talking about and I know you don't either. Tell me he had 18 sacks, 7 hits, and 44 hurries in 2016 and that's obviously something entirely different. Game charting is always valuable and useful. I mean, it ain't like I'm gonna do it.

Eric Thompson‏ @eric_j_thompson 

Zimmer: "Sheldon is one of the most disruptive lineman in the NFL...he didn't have a lot of sacks but sacks are not our number one goal. It's getting the QB off of the spot and being disruptive."

I'm beginning to get the sense the Vikings could be starting a run of success similar to the Seahawks a few years ago.  They were a NFCCG team already.  Adding Cousins, Richardson, plus the expected improvement of young guys like Dalvin Cook and Stefon Diggs just give me the feeling that a multi-year run could be starting for them.

34 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Eric Thompson‏ @eric_j_thompson 

Zimmer: "Sheldon is one of the most disruptive lineman in the NFL...he didn't have a lot of sacks but sacks are not our number one goal. It's getting the QB off of the spot and being disruptive."

We already knew this. He’s a good player, so long as he’s put in the right position. 

6 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

PFF kind of gets a bad rap because of these silly grades. I mean, the Rookie Scouting Prospectus always has these too, albeit with Waldman disclaiming up and down that they're ridiculous and arbitrary and not a ranking in any useful sense and that he only does them because there would be riots if people paid money for draft stuff and it didn't have teh gradez. I buy the RSP for the other stuff. PFF is good for other stuff. Tell me Harold Landry is an 83.9 I dunno what the **** you're talking about and I know you don't either. Tell me he had 18 sacks, 7 hits, and 44 hurries in 2016 and that's obviously something entirely different. Game charting is always valuable and useful. I mean, it ain't like I'm gonna do it.

I’ve struggled to find any absolute value in the grades except as relative to each other, so, yeah, when I read “89.9” for a DT, like, I’d have to know if Aaron Donald rates a 96 or a 406

Archived