JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I love Sony Michel - not sure I would have taken him the Jets at that point, but he's a damn good player.  UGA was killing Bama running Michel downhill until they decided to stop doing that, for which I will be forever grateful

he was at the top of my board and I had Guice almost as high. No dilemma since @NYJetsVets91 took Guice earlier.  I had a few OL and one OLB that I was considering there (Key).  I really like Key but he does have off field issues and injury issues but G-d he is a beast.  In the end, it came down to Michel vs Key.  OFFENSE needed for our shiny new QB.  Since the only trade offer I got wasn't nearly enough, this was easy.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

he was at the top of my board and I had Guice almost as high. No dilemma since @NYJetsVets91 took Guice earlier.  I had som OL and 1 OLB that I was considering (Key).  I really like Key but he does have off field issues and injury issues but G-d he is a beast.  In the end, it came down to Michel vs Key.  OFFENSE needed for our shiny new QB.  Since the only trade offer I got wasn't nearly enough, this was easy.  

Not meaning to criticize, but I would have taken Big Sam Hubbard in that spot or maybe another UGA kid, Lorenzo Carter

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is a game?  ****.  I was just picking the guys I think will make good pros.  I wasn't trying to compare myself to some other numbnuts.  I did okay in last year's at the other place, but I think my draft there will look pretty strong when it is all said and done.

You'd be better off with the value points.  I hear that @JiF picked the Jags first two picks dead on correct and he didn't win sh*t. 

Image result for awshucks gif

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No, I get that, but if you make that kind of a YOLO pick, you prooooobably shouldn’t then turn around and sneer at the logic of other people’s picks. Except for @JiF picking Orlando Brown in the first. That’s horrible.

Would you like to place a wager on Orlando Brown going in the first round? 

10 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Not meaning to criticize, but I would have taken Big Sam Hubbard in that spot or maybe another UGA kid, Lorenzo Carter

I had Carter right below Key.  At least Carter doesn't have the off field issues (to the best of my knowledge) that Key had.  I love Hubbard for DE in a 4-3.  He'll likely be a great player.  But I think Key or Carter would be a better 'Bowles' fit.  The Jets sorely need an Edge rusher, I know that.  But I'm just inclined to inject some juice into this offense early in the draft.  Making up for past neglect, perhaps.  So maybe one of the Edge players was BPA over Michel (probably so), but I feel it's time to go offense.  Tough call.  Sorry if I disappointed anyone.  Hey, I wish I had more picks for Day 2, but Mac took them away.  If I still had the Jets' pair of 2's, then we'd have Mayfield, a round 2 RB and a round 2 Edge by the end of the round.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I think he falls to the 40's, but I'm usually wrong.

Maybe but I think when people put his tape on and see nobody gets by him he’s going to go 1st round.  He’s the best pure LT in the draft.

Those other dudes are really RT’s in  the NFL. @T0mShane took a sh*tty injured guard in the first. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

He has a legit point.  I happen to like Jackson but many would think that was pretty early.

my argument there, in real life, is that if you like him... (lets say ARZ does)... you kind of don't have a choice. You're not gonna roll the dice that he's still there 32 picks later... If you're picking in the teens, you sort of have to take it on the chin if you want a QB that maybe isn't a top 15 guy... I

Personally - the football universe is far too hard on Lamar, and far too light on Allen for similar issues. Lamar in round 1 will happen. if not in the top 15, then via a trade back into 1 from round 2. 

Falk is another interesting name (who just killed his proday session w/ the Jets present) who could crawl into early rnd 2 

Just now, JiF said:

Maybe but I think when people put his tape on and see nobody gets by him he’s going to go 1st round.  He’s the best pure LT in the draft.

Those other dudes are really RT’s I’m the NFL. @T0mShane took a sh*tty injured guard in the first. 

You’re just infuriated that your trash reading skills cost you a premier lineman.

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

It's suppose to be a fun thing. Why are you trying to take the fun out of it? Stop ridiculing other posters picks like a huge bully. You're coming across terribly.

1 hour ago, BrickTamland said:

Happy to disagree. Decker gone and their two rooks last year were questionable. The defense is solid and Mariota needs to put up this year.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The only point being scored here is the one on top of your skull. 

lol, i love you guys. I'm just having fun... i hadn't taken a sh*t yet in this thread, so thought calling out 1/2 the picks would get the motor running hot. 

I do think those were terrible picks, though..

47 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is a game?  ****.  I was just picking the guys I think will make good pros.  I wasn't trying to compare myself to some other numbnuts.  I did okay in last year's at the other place, but I think my draft there will look pretty strong when it is all said and done.

You'd be better off with the value points.  I hear that @JiF picked the Jags first two picks dead on correct and he didn't win sh*t. 

Same for me! Hahaha

49 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol, i love you guys. I'm just having fun... i hadn't taken a sh*t yet in this thread, so thought calling out 1/2 the picks would get the motor running hot. 

I do think those were terrible picks, though..

RIIIIIIIIGHT   :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, King P said:

From now on, we should have the one that's trading down confirm the trade.

So we dont have to sit and wait for them to confirm before the person is allowed to make their selection.

Agree. Better yet maybe next year have NO TRADES. This is like watching paint dry.

26 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

keep me updated guys... Dcat and Lith are out right now.

Sorry guys.  Not sure what happened to @j4jets.  He posted here and confirmed the trade in PM, then went radio silent.  At first I was worried someone was trying to snipe the trade, but now I'm assuming he just got pulled away from his phone/tablet/computer.  Still...@Thai_Jet is my primary suspect since he has the pick after this one. 

Thai..do you have anything you want to tell the class?

42 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I believe we have a trade.

DET offers #51, #82 and #237.  

MIA offers #42, #123 and #131

Waiting on @j4jets to confirm.

Trade confirmed. All future rights to Megatron have also been transferred to Miami. 

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Sorry guys.  Not sure what happened to @j4jets.  He posted here and confirmed the trade in PM, then went radio silent.  At first I was worried someone was trying to snipe the trade, but now I'm assuming he just got pulled away from his phone/tablet/computer.  Still...@Thai_Jet is my primary suspect since he has the pick after this one. 

Thai..do you have anything you want to tell the class?

I know NOTHING Hogan. lol

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is a game?  ****.  I was just picking the guys I think will make good pros. @JiF

lol, it's a little bit of both. I personally go with players i like and i think fit the team... but i try when i can to consider the value scoring that Lith does at the end... it's a fun analytic. 

Archived