JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

34 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That’s what caused that lol

A report that Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson’s ACL injury came while he was “trotting” in Thursday’s practice is enlightening but by no means shocking.

To date this year, 31 of the 43 ACL tears in the NFL happened before the regular season. By our count, 15 of those 31 pre-season tears occurred in practice.

More than 70 percent of ACL tears are the result of non-contact incidents.

This is not an injury that occurs due to excessive force. An ACL tear occurs when the foot is stuck in the ground and the knee has an unexpected force. The muscles around the knee normally absorb most of the force. If the player does not expect the injury, the muscles can't assist and the body relies completely on the ligament. That is when tears happen.

So Watson having been going less-than-full-speed on a routine play is completely believable.

This also hopefully bodes well for an isolated ACL injury versus the muli-ligament injuries that often go along with the dreaded ACL tear. In addition to the “benefits” of tearing the right ACL versus the re-tearing his left one, an isolated tear would increase hope for Watson being the Texans’ starting QB in Week 1 of the 2018 season.

Watson has completed 61.8% of his passes for 1,699 yards with 19 touchdowns and eight interceptions this season. He has also picked up 269 yards on 36 carries and scored two touchdowns on the ground. 

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

A report that Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson’s ACL injury came while he was “trotting” in Thursday’s practice is enlightening but by no means shocking.

To date this year, 31 of the 43 ACL tears in the NFL happened before the regular season. By our count, 15 of those 31 pre-season tears occurred in practice.

More than 70 percent of ACL tears are the result of non-contact incidents.

This is not an injury that occurs due to excessive force. An ACL tear occurs when the foot is stuck in the ground and the knee has an unexpected force. The muscles around the knee normally absorb most of the force. If the player does not expect the injury, the muscles can't assist and the body relies completely on the ligament. That is when tears happen.

So Watson having been going less-than-full-speed on a routine play is completely believable.

This also hopefully bodes well for an isolated ACL injury versus the muli-ligament injuries that often go along with the dreaded ACL tear. In addition to the “benefits” of tearing the right ACL versus the re-tearing his left one, an isolated tear would increase hope for Watson being the Texans’ starting QB in Week 1 of the 2018 season.

Watson has completed 61.8% of his passes for 1,699 yards with 19 touchdowns and eight interceptions this season. He has also picked up 269 yards on 36 carries and scored two touchdowns on the ground. 

I watch football

54 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

How does Brooklyn keep ended up the first pick of the day lol

Exactly! As soon as he makes the pick, the next 6 picks will go on a flash and I’ll be thinking I’ve got 6-9 hours before my pick. And then I’ll check JN only to see my pick was made by the board. 

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You thought Flowers was good and you have the NERVE to criticize other people’s picks on the OL?? 

EA6A33F7-106B-44C4-83B2-0EDBED03CCA2.gif

Oh ****, sorry Tony Pauline. What was i thinking? That prick didn't even get drafted in the first either. I was sooooo insane. 

Hey guys... just came back.  I see we are starting out poorly.  Where is @LAD_Brooklyn???

OK I'll make a pick for the steelers.  They already took a safety and OLB.  When I pick for no-shows, I go with team need and they need OL, WR, ILB (Shazier), and yes, RB because Bell will beleaving them after the 2018 season.  Let me look at whats out there and make a pick.  I'll need a few more minutes.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Hey guys... just came back.  I see we are starting out poorly.  Where is @LAD_Brooklyn???

OK I'll make a pick for the steelers.  They already took a safety and OLB.  When I pick for no-shows, I go with team need and they need OL, WR, ILB (Shazier), and yes, RB because Bell will beleaving them after the 2018 season.  Let me look at whats out there and make a pick.  I'll need a few more minutes.

Thank God ! Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He's on right now and in the thread. Let him make the pick

4 minutes ago, King P said:

He's on right now and in the thread. Let him make the pick

If he gets it in before DCat, fine.  But once the timer is up, it's up.  I think we should go to 2-hour limits now.  This just isn't that hard to do.  Rank 3-5 guys and send it to a draft admin if you are worried about missing your pick.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If he gets it in before DCat, fine.  But once the timer is up, it's up.  I think we should go to 2-hour limits now.  This just isn't that hard to do.  Rank 3-5 guys and send it to a draft admin if you are worried about missing your pick.  

I saw @LAD_Brooklyn on, so I waited.   I was about to give them their next QB< Rudolph.  

Just now, Beerfish said:

Trade confirmed.  (ny giants and Denver) And apologies from me for some response delays.  I am on an acreage in the foothills of the rocky mountains dog sitting, it is snowing like a bitch and internet gets iffy in weather like this.

I think we're going to need a pic to prove this.

11 minutes ago, King P said:

I was very close to picking Rolls Royce. Went back and forth between him and Chubb. Ultimately went with Chubb, but Freeman is damn good too. Has some Le'Veon Bell in him. Great mid round value

He’s prolly my favorite RB in this class; he doesn’t move like he weighs 235, and the Skins have openly mentioned how important it is for them to land a “bell cow” back to improve their 28th rated rush offense. 

This guy screams bell cow