JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Or maybe you are not. .. hmm.. excuse me then.

i just expect Gato to be back in some way, shape or form lol.

LOL... RobR is not Gato.  Been around for a long time on the defunct JI and the soon-to-be defunct hampur.  He doesn't write like Gato.  One can complete an english sentence coherently while the other grunts a lot as his knuckles scrape along the pavement.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Rob in da house!!! I've never been so happy to see your ugly mug. I know it took moving mountains to inspire you to enter the lions den here, but i'm thankful you did. I hope you stick around.

Also, this guy know Olineman. @JiF he does know what he's talking about. I learned my lesson years ago the hard way.... and then again with Flowers. whelp.

You thought Flowers was good and you have the NERVE to criticize other people’s picks on the OL?? 

EA6A33F7-106B-44C4-83B2-0EDBED03CCA2.gif

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

unless of course one of the parties motivation for offering the trade in the first place was to jump in front of Lith, me or Jetsvets in the round.  :)  

Pretty cool for us to get advance warning, amirite?

In fact, yes, lets do this! :ph34r:

But that's why you do it AFTER the deal has been agreed to.

The message function allows you to ADD another party to the private message string.....if you do this AFTER the deal has been agreed to, the person added to the string case see the old private messages and the agreement of the terms of the deal.

I added @Lith to the private messages between me and LAD and I believe that allowed Lith to see all of the old messages, including his agreement to the deal.  This way, we didn't have to wait around for LAD to also post and agreement to the terms.  Lith just got into the messages and saw that he had agreed.

The key again is to add the admin to the message string AFTER the deal has been agreed to.

3 hours ago, Lith said:

King's Ransom?  It was a fair deal. 

I should have only done it without throwing in my 6th rounder.  To move back without comiing away with an extra pick was a mistake on my part.  You caught me at a time where I was busy responding to stuff at work, which i had to do in the evening because I am too busy with this fvckin draft thing during the day.  Packers pick was coming up, and making the trade bought me some time to focus on my real job, the one that pays $.

Fair but still a kings ransom

36 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

But that's why you do it AFTER the deal has been agreed to.

The message function allows you to ADD another party to the private message string.....if you do this AFTER the deal has been agreed to, the person added to the string case see the old private messages and the agreement of the terms of the deal.

I added @Lith to the private messages between me and LAD and I believe that allowed Lith to see all of the old messages, including his agreement to the deal.  This way, we didn't have to wait around for LAD to also post and agreement to the terms.  Lith just got into the messages and saw that he had agreed.

The key again is to add the admin to the message string AFTER the deal has been agreed to.

Yup.  That worked perfectly. I was added to the PM string after the deal was agreed to.  I was able to see the details and know that a deal was struck.

Great suggestions.

Okay.  I took Harrison.  Did he run yet?  I think his pro day (Alabama2) was yesterday.  I can't believe I went D 1-2.  I feel like a Jets GM!  I really like Chubb, but convinced myself to go for Okorafor, but then I read a few things I didn't like and heard 4th round so I passed.  Ravens do need a S, so whatever and around here we all know it is an IMPACT position. 

Thanks @New York Mick.  Happy to be able to rep a post calling me a dick and my prediction was correct. King P probably will have his pick in before I posted this.  

Been trying to trade up for about the last 10 picks with my eye on either Lorenzo Carter or Arden key.  Probably would have gone with Carter, the safer pick; Key probably has the better upside.  @BrickTamland sniped Carter and made up my mind for me. 

Key may have some character concerns and questions about his motor, but with a guy like Mo Wilk to set an example in Green Bay, what could possibly go wrong?

Just now, Lith said:

Been trying to trade up for about the last 10 picks with my eye on either Lorenzo Carter or Arden key.  Probably would have gone with Carter, the safer pick; Key probably has the better upside.  @BrickTamland sniped Carter and made up my mind for me. 

Key may have some character concerns and questions about his motor, but with a guy like Mo Wilk to set an example in Green Bay, what could possibly go wrong?

Yeah.  I think I would have preferred to pick Allen and then Carter, than to end up with Landry and Harrison.  I was hoping for a WR to drop.  There are still some I like but not at that pick.  Moore was who I was really hoping for, but that is a pipe dream. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yeah.  I think I would have preferred to pick Allen and then Carter, than to end up with Landry and Harrison.  I was hoping for a WR to drop.  There are still some I like but not at that pick.  Moore was who I was really hoping for, but that is a pipe dream. 

I am not thrilled with the top of the WR class this year.  I think there is a lot of depth in the middle rounds, but but does not appear to be the same number of potential difference makers in R1 & R2 as we have seen in past years. 

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

I thought a lot about Key.  Once the second round started to play out with Key, Hubbard and Carter all sliding, I was hoping to get a shot at one of them.  All three were on the board on for me.  I went with the safe, productive player who had the dope 3 cone (.04 faster than Bosa).  

Don't think he's a world beater by any stretch or has near the ceiling that Key does, but Hubbard has a high floor and a can play right away.  I like defensive players like that.  

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

I almost took Key but went with Dallas. I’m trying to get AJ weapons and fix the oline since they’re a run first offense. 

Well there you go.  The back-to-back pair of pass rushers, either one of whom could/would have been the Jets picks along with along with Michel or Jones earlier in the round next month on Day 2.  But pick 6 put Mac at risk of missing a QB so up we went to 3.  Oh those meaningless wins.  Should have started Petty and Hack all season Coach Bowles. 

Good picks @BrickTamland @Lith. Some Jets fans are jealous. 

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, Lith said:

By the way, I did not get a call. 

10 hours ago, Lith said:

2 rounds down, 4 days in.  Really picked up the pace these last 2 days.  Now, we begin round 3, and pretty soon we can welcome @32EBoozer to the draft.  Just 4 picks until the Texans first pick of the draft.

It only took 68 picks.... but if Watson looks this season like he did in the 5 or so games he played in last year, it was well worth it for them!

Archived