ALIEN STRIKE SQUAD MAFIA

5 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Holy sh*t Pac was losing his ******* mind in that scum thread.

Went from emo complaining about having to MK LK and wanting to "blow up the game" to chanting about how aliens rule and humans drool lol.

I'm multifaceted

• Upvote 2

PacPerson was signed in when posted
06-11-2018
10:45 AM ET (US)
meh this is gay..

kind of glad it's over.. 

this was unwinnable for us.

You went from emo to hype man back to emo when you got lynched? LOL!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Nolder said:

MOTHER****ER FIRST OF ALL THIS IDEA HAS BEEN FLOATING AROUND FOR AWHILE BOTH ME AND LEELOU HAVE DISCUSSED RUNNING A GAME LIKE THIS BEFORE (AND/OR JUST ONE PERSON WITH A POST RESTRICTION) LIKE A YEAR OR TWO AGO SO YOU'RE NOT ORIGINAL **** YOU.

SECOND OF ALL YOU DONT EVEN KNOW TWITTER IT DOUBLED THE CHARACTER LIMIT TO 240 LIKE 6 MONTHS AGO OR SOMETHING.

I DONT KNOW WHY THIS MAKES ME ANGRY BUT IT DOES.

why are you yelling?

59 minutes ago, Nolder said:

MOTHER****ER FIRST OF ALL THIS IDEA HAS BEEN FLOATING AROUND FOR AWHILE BOTH ME AND LEELOU HAVE DISCUSSED RUNNING A GAME LIKE THIS BEFORE (AND/OR JUST ONE PERSON WITH A POST RESTRICTION) LIKE A YEAR OR TWO AGO SO YOU'RE NOT ORIGINAL **** YOU.

SECOND OF ALL YOU DONT EVEN KNOW TWITTER IT DOUBLED THE CHARACTER LIMIT TO 240 LIKE 6 MONTHS AGO OR SOMETHING.

TWITTER MAFIA BEGINS @ 6 PM

• Thumb Down 1

Ok first gonna start with my own and others gameplay.

I thought I played a pretty good game. Not amazing but pretty solid. Only thing was after 100 pages of not knowing what the **** was going on and actually trying to puzzle the game out my mind was fried and I finally lost my concentration. I just couldn't care anymore I wanted it to be over. And while I do apologize to the rest of my townie for that I want to note that that concentration was what made my gameplay decent through the 9/10ths of the game where I did ok. It would have been best for us if I'd gotten mislynched or killed around page 60-80 but it just wasn't in the cards and was part of what stumbled us at the end. You win some you lose some and I think we had a great game anyway and it's nothing to be ashamed of or upset about.

Two things do stick out in my mind, if you'll allow me to criticize others. @Lizard King getting himself modkilled hurt. Dude you've been around long enough to know copy/pasting is a no no. I mean I dunno if anyone actually ever told you but I'm sure we must have mentioned it at some point right? Your death hurt us because scum were getting two kills at a time basically and we needed more bodies. At least you know for next time.

@Verbal and @Leelou were like cats and dogs this game. Both of you misread the other when you are both supposedly supposed to be able to read each other or at least that's the narrative we kind of go by. Verbal in particular effed up big towards the end with his reveal. It was just done in a bad way and he acknowledged that in the dead thread. He said he's going back to not posting on weekends which is fine but he said the game also got him back into mafia and he's going to try harder and give a better performance next time. Looking forward to that and I hope to have at least as good a game as I had this time when you do so we're both trying our best and putting on a great game.

And last but not least @Integrity28 and @CTM...you guys let yourselves drag each other into the mud once again. It's not like it's a new thing but the only thing that stopped the game going to hell right then and there was the fact that Ape was deputy and able to guilty Pac. Otherwise we would have kept arguing and probably had to just choose between you two. You guys let scum play you there.

Now onto the mod team. First it must be said that this game would not have ran as smooth as it did without @Kaylee and @GATA. Huge thanks to both of you and of course @D P R as well for coming up with and running the game. One thing though, you guys screwed up the votecounts a lot. I'm not complaining I mostly just thought it was funny how it KEPT HAPPENING. It even got me in trouble with Leelou because I made fun of it once and she was like why are you paying so close attention to the VCs?! Anyway they were very small hiccups and not a big deal thank you guys for all your hard work that game it's always a pain when VCs aren't updated regularly and you guys were on top of it the whole way through.

Ok now the setup...
Whew what to say. First of all regardless of balance the game was good and fun and it came down to the endgame which is all you can ask for in a mafia game imo. Just like my last game. Maybe it was balanced, maybe it wasn't but it did end up giving both sides a chance to win up until the end so I'd call that a good game.

Ok some thoughts, the main thing that stood out to me was the implantation mechanics was ******* bogus and useless and a huge waste of time...which is par the course for a DPR game. He always puts sh*t into games to distract from the fact that his games are normally like 95% vanilla and all you need to do is ******* scumhunt! I really liked the cop/doc transfer mechanic that was pretty cool. I loved the fast deadlines but it was also part of what burnt me out. I think this would be ideal in a slightly smaller game. A game this size could have benefited from like 48 hour days in the first half of the game at least. The fast paced action was nice though and was a huge part of what made the game fun and engaging. I always think deadlines need to be long but the more I see of shorter deadlines the more I notice that players can handle it most of the time. With long deadlines they sit around and do nothing and then pick up the pace at the end anyway so might as well have short deadlines imo. Bold move anyway and it paid off for a great game.

Last part of the setup I want to mention is the daykill aspect. Scum used it to rip through town but if we'd been concentrating more on the votecounts we might have noticed the pattern. I think that was a very well balanced mechanic because to utilize you risk the entire scum team, to utilize it more than once is playing with fire, scum used it...3 times? 4 times? Like holy sh*t! And as if I'm some kind of prophet I somehow knew we needed Mister Wagonomics @SMC in this game. It's a shame he didn't show up. This was his time to shine.

So last but not least congratulations scum team and especially to @HessStation who fooled me, for one, all game. I actually thought town had that game up until the very end but you pulled it through. Well done gg.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

Not being able to ISO (properly) really hurts - the old forum software on both JN and DM was better in that regard.

I'll be honest, while there are things about new forum software I like such as tagging, I've always preferred the "previous" version.

There's never been an upgrade on any forum I've fully embraced.

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

I'll be honest, while there are things about new forum software I like such as tagging, I've always preferred the "previous" version.

There's never been an upgrade on any forum I've fully embraced.

agreed

12 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Ok first gonna start with my own and others gameplay.

I thought I played a pretty good game. Not amazing but pretty solid. Only thing was after 100 pages of not knowing what the **** was going on and actually trying to puzzle the game out my mind was fried and I finally lost my concentration. I just couldn't care anymore I wanted it to be over. And while I do apologize to the rest of my townie for that I want to note that that concentration was what made my gameplay decent through the 9/10ths of the game where I did ok. It would have been best for us if I'd gotten mislynched or killed around page 60-80 but it just wasn't in the cards and was part of what stumbled us at the end. You win some you lose some and I think we had a great game anyway and it's nothing to be ashamed of or upset about.

Two things do stick out in my mind, if you'll allow me to criticize others. @Lizard King getting himself modkilled hurt. Dude you've been around long enough to know copy/pasting is a no no. I mean I dunno if anyone actually ever told you but I'm sure we must have mentioned it at some point right? Your death hurt us because scum were getting two kills at a time basically and we needed more bodies. At least you know for next time.

@Verbal and @Leelou were like cats and dogs this game. Both of you misread the other when you are both supposedly supposed to be able to read each other or at least that's the narrative we kind of go by. Verbal in particular effed up big towards the end with his reveal. It was just done in a bad way and he acknowledged that in the dead thread. He said he's going back to not posting on weekends which is fine but he said the game also got him back into mafia and he's going to try harder and give a better performance next time. Looking forward to that and I hope to have at least as good a game as I had this time when you do so we're both trying our best and putting on a great game.

And last but not least @Integrity28 and @CTM...you guys let yourselves drag each other into the mud once again. It's not like it's a new thing but the only thing that stopped the game going to hell right then and there was the fact that Ape was deputy and able to guilty Pac. Otherwise we would have kept arguing and probably had to just choose between you two. You guys let scum play you there.

Now onto the mod team. First it must be said that this game would not have ran as smooth as it did without @Kaylee and @GATA. Huge thanks to both of you and of course @D P R as well for coming up with and running the game. One thing though, you guys screwed up the votecounts a lot. I'm not complaining I mostly just thought it was funny how it KEPT HAPPENING. It even got me in trouble with Leelou because I made fun of it once and she was like why are you paying so close attention to the VCs?! Anyway they were very small hiccups and not a big deal thank you guys for all your hard work that game it's always a pain when VCs aren't updated regularly and you guys were on top of it the whole way through.

Ok now the setup...
Whew what to say. First of all regardless of balance the game was good and fun and it came down to the endgame which is all you can ask for in a mafia game imo. Just like my last game. Maybe it was balanced, maybe it wasn't but it did end up giving both sides a chance to win up until the end so I'd call that a good game.

Ok some thoughts, the main thing that stood out to me was the implantation mechanics was ******* bogus and useless and a huge waste of time...which is par the course for a DPR game. He always puts sh*t into games to distract from the fact that his games are normally like 95% vanilla and all you need to do is ******* scumhunt! I really liked the cop/doc transfer mechanic that was pretty cool. I loved the fast deadlines but it was also part of what burnt me out. I think this would be ideal in a slightly smaller game. A game this size could have benefited from like 48 hour days in the first half of the game at least. The fast paced action was nice though and was a huge part of what made the game fun and engaging. I always think deadlines need to be long but the more I see of shorter deadlines the more I notice that players can handle it most of the time. With long deadlines they sit around and do nothing and then pick up the pace at the end anyway so might as well have short deadlines imo. Bold move anyway and it paid off for a great game.

Last part of the setup I want to mention is the daykill aspect. Scum used it to rip through town but if we'd been concentrating more on the votecounts we might have noticed the pattern. I think that was a very well balanced mechanic because to utilize you risk the entire scum team, to utilize it more than once is playing with fire, scum used it...3 times? 4 times? Like holy sh*t! And as if I'm some kind of prophet I somehow knew we needed Mister Wagonomics @SMC in this game. It's a shame he didn't show up. This was his time to shine.

So last but not least congratulations scum team and especially to @HessStation who fooled me, for one, all game. I actually thought town had that game up until the very end but you pulled it through. Well done gg.

You forgot:

And JiF remains on absolute fire solidifying himself as a mafia superstar god and we all should have just followed his reads to end game for the win

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

You forgot:

And JiF remains on absolutely fire solidifying himself as a mafia superstar god and we all should have just followed his reads to end game for the win

The brightest stars are always the ones that die first, leaving the rest of us in the dark.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Time for napz?

33 minutes ago, Nolder said:

what was the mechanic? I never went to either qt

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

In order to get those daykills the entire scum team had to vote the same person lol.

They did it like 3 or 4 times if memory serves me.

how many of them needed to be alive? 3?

interesting

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

Whoa 

1 hour ago, CTM said:

how many of them needed to be alive? 3?

interesting

So long as all of us (alive) were voting the same person at the same time, we got a free DK. Made for a really fun dynamic during the Day play.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Wrong. I played a very tactical game, it just happened that part of those tactics were to appear confused, preoccupied with bickering, and such. My breadcrumb for my reveal, my bumps and cases, my focus on my reads, it was all good- considering what’s going on here at home. My read on CTM was town early. I didn’t actually start thinking he was scum until I died. Then I second guessed my read on him. I truly was using him as a shield. Mods will tell you. I gave them my thoughts throughout. I also bagged (led lynched) 2 scum while you made lists and didn’t help.

I don’t want to boast. I’ll just say that I’m happy with my contribution and that I played just how I wanted.

GG everyone! This was fun.

Ape, solid casework on me D3. Your points were solid af, and really I was just trying to get somebody (anybody lol) to re-evaluate cause I knew Leelou’s vote was always coming down on me before DL.