July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

@#27TheDominator

the first colored cleats I think was Eric Metcalf. Almost positive bc I idolized the **** out of him for a good year when he broke out with the orange ones. 

The thing that made me laugh was the half shirts.  I knew kids who swore they would only go to college in Florida, Texas or Arizona because they wanted to wear them.  We weren't able to do much with the game jerseys, but practice?  They wouldn't even cover the full shoulder pads

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He was a beast in video games. 

I’m surprised you pick Lomas Brown

Madden '98, Eric Metcalf in the slot.  Money in the bank

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Charles Haley used to masturbate in front of his teammates. True story. They were terrified of him.

Frank Minnifield used to walk around naked in the locker room when there was women to scare them w his monster dick. I’ve told this story before but it’s funny. I had a work buddy who was on the preseason team. 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Frank Minnifield used to walk around naked in the locker room when there was women to scare them w his monster dick. I’ve told this story before but it’s funny. I had a work buddy who was on the preseason team. 

Who amongst us...

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

The thing that made me laugh was the half shirts.  I knew kids who swore they would only go to college in Florida, Texas or Arizona because they wanted to wear them.  We weren't able to do much with the game jerseys, but practice?  They wouldn't even cover the full shoulder pads

Madden '98, Eric Metcalf in the slot.  Money in the bank

By the time HS came around, so early 90’s, we would make little incisions in the trim of the arm sleeves and lace a string through, then tie the string tight so the arm sleeves would wrap around the shoulder pads.  Now they are just atumatically banded, freaking kids lol

Just now, HessStation said:

All the sh*t you never want to know about your childhood idols. 

Michael Kay sucks, but he always says that—if you want to keep liking your sports heroes, never meet them.  I always thought he was referring to Jeter and DiMaggio.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

****in 80 gets Donnie Shell. That’s a Great pick.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Btw Andre Rison was the WR I was talking about earlier. Rison and Shell are superb value picks imo. 

So did I win the draft??  ?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Michael Kay sucks, but he always says that—if you want to keep liking your sports heroes, never meet them.  I always thought he was referring to Jeter and DiMaggio.

Agreed and agreed. But seriously, how many dicks did make Michael Kay suck to get to were he is? 

22 minutes ago, HessStation said:

By the time HS came around, so early 90’s, we would make little incisions in the trim of the arm sleeves and lace a string through, then tie the string tight so the arm sleeves would wrap around the shoulder pads.  Now they are just atumatically banded, freaking kids lol

Tell me about it.  I played through 2011, so I have some real nice recent banded ones, but in the olden days we just used to twist them up at the sleeve and the back and then wrap tape around them.  

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

Anyone take Jerry Kramer yet? 

Yeah, I took him round before this - I think 7th. My O line is Kenn-Shields-Concrete Charlie-Kramer-Yary.  I've got a few guys that can kick, including Kramer who kicked the game winner against the Giants for the '62 title. 

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

@#27TheDominator

my favorite jr football practice Jersey to wear was a Mike Quick. I literally can remember cutting it right below the #82 w scissors LOL

For practice we used to cut them through the numbers or even above them.  I had a few where the sleeves went lower than the bottom of the jersey.  

I was always swapping cleats.  Probably the coolest ones I had were $3 specials from Meyer the Buyer.  They were bootleg high top black Chuck Taylors with regular basketball soles with molded cleats.  Super comfortable.  I bought them big and waited to grow into them.  I took them out to the Island one summer and my Grandfather cut the cleats off and wore them to tar the roof.  Eek.  When I first got to Italy I had an ultra cool pair of black patent leather clamshell Adidas high tops with screw-in studs, but they were ultra narrow and uncomfortable, so I gave them up. 

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, I have met Jeter numerous times and he seems like a legit good guy.  None of that angry winner sh*t like Jordan or Russell and not a lunatic like Joe D.  He seems like his people told him early how to deal with the public and he followed the advice.  I know some girls that hung with him a few times at clubs and they said he was nice, but boring. 

Thrilled to get Rison here.  4 straight seasons of 10+ TDs with the likes of Chris Miller, Bobby Hebert and Jeff George throwing him passes.  And he gets to reunite with Favre on my squad. 
Waited on receiver and ended up with Steve Smith and Andre Rison on the outside and Hines Ward in the slot.  Solid trio in my mind!
Rison and Ward ... Solid

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My defensive line is 

Dwight Freeney—Vince Wilfork—Clyde Simmons—Reggie White 

Julius Peppers (HOF candidate) 154 sacks - Alan Page 148 sacks HOF - Andy Weinmeister (dominant T in his era) HOF - Robert Mathis (HOF Candidate 122 sacks)  

6x PB, 1x 1st team all Pro DE Neil Smith

GettyImages-223680.jpg

RB William Andrews.  Career cut short by a serious knee injury. In the 5 seasons before the knee injury he had 4 1,000 yd seasons.  the only non 1,000 yd season was the 1982 strike shortened season.

william-andrews-8.jpg

I really like the Stanley Morgan pick.  One of those really good, forgotten players from the late 70s/80s.

He is one of 6 players with more than 8,000 receiving yards, 70+ TDs and to average more than 18 yards a catch.  4 of the other 5 are in the Hall of Fame and were already taken:

Alworth, Maynard, Lofton & Warfield.

The other guy is still out there.  

19 minutes ago, Lith said:

I really like the Stanley Morgan pick.  One of those really good, forgotten players from the late 70s/80s.

He is one of 6 players with more than 8,000 receiving yards, 70+ TDs and to average more than 18 yards a catch.  4 of the other 5 are in the Hall of Fame and were already taken:

Imagine if he had Montana throwing him the ball instead of Grogan and Eason. 

52 minutes ago, Lith said:

Most of the guys I looked at are/were on the that yards per catch list.  I thought long and hard about Warfield early, took Hayes and was seriously considering Morgan over Roy Green - may have been the better pick in teh context of the game.  Stanley Morgan Jr is getting drafted next year out of Nebraska.  There are several guys I would prefer to take on that list.  Like Flipper Anderson, who I preferred to many of the Greatest Show on Turf Hall of Famers.  Of course, I primarily like him for knocking the Giants out of the playoffs and running straight out of the stadium after the TD.  A few others that still might go.

The first guy I thought of crossed the picket line, so I would avoid drafting him, but I loved him growing up.  He had over 10,000 yards, 70+ TDs, but only averaged 17.9

As far as WRs the Gaslighters have the most widely considered greatest hands to ever play in Cris Carter, plus he’s considered top 10 overall on most lists...and Megatron, the biggest freak of nature to ever play, who is also on many top 10 lists for greatest of all time plus greatest hands of all time. Add in Ozzie at TE, There will be zero dropped balls on my team. 

Archived