Around the NFL - Preseason Week 1

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the Jets had Baker over Sam in their board.  That question was never answered. They love Sam and all the pieces that came out after the draft suggested they loved him, but they never said he was #1 over Baker.   Regardless, hope it works out for both teams as it will be fun over the years

Just now, Dinamite said:

I wonder if the Jets had Baker over Sam in their board.  That question was never answered. They love Sam and all the pieces that came out after the draft suggested they loved him, but they never said he was #1 over Baker.   Regardless, hope it works out for both teams as it will be fun over the years

They had baker number 1.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Look, point blank this guy can play QB in the NFL. Y’all can’t tell me he can’t. 

This drive was very impressive.

I stand by my pore draft statement that all of the Big Four will be successful, and my post draft comment that each went to the perfect spot for them. It was the year of the Nitpick. If only one of these guys was in the draft they would have been much higher rated, but they needed to find little nothings to sepereate them.

Just now, johnnysd said:

I stand by my pore draft statement that all of the Big Four will be successful, and my post draft comment that each went to the perfect spot for them. It was the year of the Nitpick. If only one of these guys was in the draft they would have been much higher rated, but they needed to find little nothings to sepereate them.

So... Only the Giants lose.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They had baker number 1.

After the Breer piece and all I've heard from Mac, I find it really hard to believe Sam wasn't 1 on their board. Not to say Baker would have been a bad pick. This was as impressive as an August drive can be.

Archived