Around the NFL - Preseason Week 1

Joe W. Namath

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

So josh allens highlight is an incomplete pass?

When will people realize it doesnt matter if he can throw it 80 yards.  The last guy to get this arm buzz was cutler.  And look how that turned out.

I dont think folks are getting all googly-eyed over an incomplete pass, outside of the fact of him being way overhyped, his arm, purely from an arm talent position is wonderful to witness. All I do is talk about how Allen will probably be the bust of this class, but his arm is just stupid. 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So josh allens highlight is an incomplete pass?

When will people realize it doesnt matter if he can throw it 80 yards.  The last guy to get this arm buzz was cutler.  And look how that turned out.

It's not good highlight, but an exciting one. Even though it was inaccurate, watching a guy sling it like that is still fun to watch.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Browns have Todd Haley now.  They are going to finish 2nd in that division.  Maybe in contention for a wildcard.

Can’t keep acquiring top talent and not eventually do something. 

Skimming this thread, hilarious that people expect polished football... since the new CBA it takes until week 4 for teams to get sh*t right.

Jump to conclusions posts in full effect though. Good stuff. Never change JN!

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Baker gonna win the starting job?  Or is Hue stubbornly gonna stick with Taylor?

Definitely sticking with Taylor for now. Which is fine for now IMO... Taylor won't lose you games. Won't win them for you necessarily, but CLE needs to find themselves for a few weeks. But yea.... Boy oh boy, baker. 

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Baker gonna win the starting job?  Or is Hue stubbornly gonna stick with Taylor?

You’d think they at least say it was a competition, now if Baker continues with a strong pre season, the chants are gonna grow louder and watch Hue f things up and manage this thing the wrong way. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Skimming this thread, hilarious that people expect polished football... since the new CBA it takes until week 4 for teams to get sh*t right.

Jump to conclusions posts in full effect though. Good stuff. Never change JN!

I fully expect Baker to do good against 2nd and 3rd stringers but his passes and decision making is what is very impressive.

just enjoying football being back bro bro. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

He was perfect on the day. zero incompletions and a TD. This is Tyrod's job. It's definitely Baker's job next year though. 

If you watched hard knocks the most obvious thing is both H Jackson, and T Haley will not coexist, question is who stays who goes, I’d be shocked if Haley isn’t the future HC starting as early as this year if not next year.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

If you watched hard knocks the most obvious thing is both H Jackson, and T Haley will not coexist, question is who stays who goes, I’d be shocked if Haley isn’t the future HC starting as early as this year if not next year.

Good and likely prediction. Jackson is done, especially if they start losing badly again this year. Haley as HC will be best for the offense and for Baker anyway.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

I thought the same thing... but if this offense lives up to the hype that's growing, Taylor/Mayfield might save his job. For now. 

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Na, I think that Hue understands that Haley is an Alpha-type. Hue let him and the rest of the room know...it's his ship. 

They won't be able to coexist if they're 1-10 or something crazy like that to start the season If they start winning they'll be good. 

Winning changes everything. The Browns just needs to win games. 

I think Hue has a chance to stay because though the Browns lost 16 games straight, they didn't give up. They played in all 16 games. Shows the respect the players atleast have for Hue. They'll play for him. 

But to your point, if things go sideways this is Haley's team next year. That's the only way I seen him coming to Cleveland. 

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

That scene where they were sitting around the conference room was cringeworthy.  No way Haley was buying what Hue was selling.  But Jackson is the boss.  

Archived