Go On Record: Mangini Yes Or No

Maxman

It sounds like Mangini is going to happen tonight. So make your feelings known. This way when we look back there will be no doubt what you thought today.

I vote for Mangini.

I vote yes. He's still Mangenious, just some certain players (cough, Favre) aren't performing as expected.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mangini is only 37 years old and has shown you many signs over the last three years he has the potential to be a consistently excellent head coach in the NFL..I'm tired of this revolving head coaching door the Jets have had for twenty years..Its pathetic and it doesn't work..ever..I feel like we have the right guy now.young ,energetic,smart and the GM and him are on the same page and there both under 40!!...Woody should lock them up for the next 5 years.

I'm with Mangini for at least two more years after this to demonstrate what he is trying to build. I'm also ok with the bumps and bruises of his learning curve. THe players all stick together under Mangini - moreso than almost any other NFL team. We'll get to the promised land with this guys eventually.

15 pages is too much to dig thru to see if this was already mentioned; I have 2 words to say regarding the Jets HC: BILL COWHER.

Mangini is awful:

- never makes in-game/halftime adjustments

- has stuck with a losing defensive "strategy" all year - give up lots of yards, bend don't break nonsense which hasn't worked except to tire out the D-players, causing more injuries and making it far more difficult to get late-game stops

- ZERO creativity on offense - has one of the best weapons in football (L Washington) and hardly uses it, and consistently makes the wrong play call.

How many 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, and goalline possessions have they called a run up the middle for the 3rd or 4th play in a row?

- poor draft pick in V Ghoulston, who has done nothing, wasn't even dressed for last game

Cowher is the best coach in football, he took teams with crap QBs to the SB, and built great defenses year after year.

If you can thrive in pittsburgh, which is probably 10x more intense about the steelers than the most rabid giants fan is about their team, with 100x the media scrutiny there (WTF else is going on in pittsburgh, anyway, except maybe sid crosby) that NY pales in comparison.

Cowher 2009!

If the Jets fail to make the playoffs this year he needs to go. The Jets will have to start over with another quarterback and might as well do it with a coach that can win with ample talent

Agree. I am still on board with Eric but you cannot sit at 8-3 with a cream puff schedule remaining, no Brady in NE and miss the play-offs. Whether he is a good HC or not he must be held accountable for that. His biggest error this year IMO is we have no identity as to the type of team we are on either side of the ball.

I think we get in but if not he must take the hit.....the nature of the job.

I'm with Mangini....I think he has some areas where he needs improvement, but he will learn those. And no, Cowher would not be doing a better job with this team.

Cowher is one of the best coaches of all time in the NFL, period.

How can you be so certain that they wouldn't be far more consistent with him, given the fact that so many of their mistakes can be traced directly to the coaching staff?

He's not even the best coach the steelers have ever had. That statement alone tells me all I need to know.

You look at the player material he had to work with vs. Noll, get real. "Slash", Neil O'donnell, Mark Malone and Bubby Brister - total garbage, and STILL went to the playoffs, what 14 out of 15 years in a row?

He made gold out of shyte, and when he finally did have some talent to work with, he won a SB. Enough said.

15 pages is too much to dig thru to see if this was already mentioned; I have 2 words to say regarding the Jets HC: BILL COWHER.

Mangini is awful:

- never makes in-game/halftime adjustments

- has stuck with a losing defensive "strategy" all year - give up lots of yards, bend don't break nonsense which hasn't worked except to tire out the D-players, causing more injuries and making it far more difficult to get late-game stops

- ZERO creativity on offense - has one of the best weapons in football (L Washington) and hardly uses it, and consistently makes the wrong play call.

How many 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, and goalline possessions have they called a run up the middle for the 3rd or 4th play in a row?

- poor draft pick in V Ghoulston, who has done nothing, wasn't even dressed for last game

Cowher is the best coach in football, he took teams with crap QBs to the SB, and built great defenses year after year.

If you can thrive in pittsburgh, which is probably 10x more intense about the steelers than the most rabid giants fan is about their team, with 100x the media scrutiny there (WTF else is going on in pittsburgh, anyway, except maybe sid crosby) that NY pales in comparison.

Cowher 2009!

I hate to bust your Cowher bubble, but with Dick Lebeau (92-96 and 04-06) Cowher was 87-41. Without Lebeau, (97-03) Cowher was 62-49-1.

Im giving him the 11-5 1997 season where Lebeau had left the team and had "his" defense and players still in place. The very next year (98) Cowher coached the Steelers to a remarkable 7-9 record.

Lebeau was/is the man behind the defense in Pittsburg.

Archived