Sign in to follow this  
jetstream23

Let's just leave this right here for later in the year... (2019 Draft Order)

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, varjet said:

I really like the idea of having McCown start the tough games at the end of the year to preserve Darnold for next year.  Last thing we need is DArnold getting hurt.  Let McCown earn his money. 

darnold has seen enough this year.  

That is what Chris should decree.  Put Darnold in IR. 

That would be a terrible way to mess with the kids head and ego.

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

2018 New York Jets 3-13

Book it.

Yep. Some are saying we could beat the Bills in Buffalo. LOL

I remember some writing down wins for the Fins and todays game. priceless.

7 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Yep. Some are saying we could beat the Bills in Buffalo. LOL

I remember some writing down wins for the Fins and todays game. priceless.

Today's game was their last chance to win a game, and they let the Buffalo Bills drop a 40 burger on them. I sure hope the Johnson's will soon be discussing firing both Maccagnan and Bowles, if they haven't already.

Strength of schedule (against) looks like it will be beneficial to the Jets given we play Buffalo again and have faced several teams with losing records like Cleveland, Denver, Indianapolis, Detroit, etc.

Among bad teams the Jets were actually pretty good until recently with losses vs. Miami (twice) and now Buffalo.  They had beaten 3-ish win teams like Detroit, Indy and Denver.

Sad to say but this is what I'll be watching the rest of the way.  There's no doubt we'll be drafting in Top 7 in my opinion.  My guess is that we end up right where we are now at #5.  Not sure we can "out lose" San Fran, Oakland, Arizona or the Giants the rest of the way but you never know!!!

56 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Strength of schedule (against) looks like it will be beneficial to the Jets given we play Buffalo again and have faced several teams with losing records like Cleveland, Denver, Indianapolis, Detroit, etc.

Among bad teams the Jets were actually pretty good until recently with losses vs. Miami (twice) and now Buffalo.  They had beaten 3-ish win teams like Detroit, Indy and Denver.

Sad to say but this is what I'll be watching the rest of the way.  There's no doubt we'll be drafting in Top 7 in my opinion.  My guess is that we end up right where we are now at #5.  Not sure we can "out lose" San Fran, Oakland, Arizona or the Giants the rest of the way but you never know!!!

We will probably pick 6th :)

Updated with today's results...

Really wanted the Cardinals to win.  The game vs. Oakland today was really their last winnable game.  I think the Cards end up with a Top 2 pick for sure.  Possibly in the Head Coach hunt this offseason as well.  I think Wilks could be a goner.

Assuming things end roughly where they are now I think both Jacksonville and Tampa Bay could be good trade-back candidates as they'd want to jump the Giants for a QB.  Wouldn't that be grand!?!?!?  Slide back a few spots, still get one of the Top 2 Offensive Tackles in the Draft and screw the Giants out of taking the first QB.  :P 

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 5.18.54 PM.png

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Updated with today's results...

Really wanted the Cardinals to win.  The game vs. Oakland today was really their last winnable game.  I think the Cards end up with a Top 2 pick for sure.  Possibly in the Head Coach hunt this offseason as well.  I think Wilks could be a goner.

Assuming things end roughly where they are now I think both Jacksonville and Tampa Bay could be good trade-back candidates as they'd want to jump the Giants for a QB.  Wouldn't that be grand!?!?!?  Slide back a few spots, still get one of the Top 2 Offensive Tackles in the Draft and screw the Giants out of taking the first QB.  :P 

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 5.18.54 PM.png

8 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I wanted Raiders to win. #1 pick or bust. There really is no difference between 2-5 anyway

I disagree.  Picking at 2 vs. 5 gives a LOT of options for trading back and still getting an elite player at a position of need while possibly recouping a 2nd round pick.

I don't think we're losing out. Jets have a habit of splitting with Buffalo and the Bills have been pretty unreliable at home this year.

Jets have taken a big dip in efficiency numbers but I think injuries have played a huge part of that. We should be getting healthier right around when we're playing Houston/Bills/Titans. I think we're finishing with 5 or 6 wins. I'm usually all about losing out for higher picks but Darnold finishing the season on a high note would be way, way better than losing out tbh.

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Jets will win a game for no reason and end up picking 6-9 range. You might as well just accept it now. 

I'm fully expecting this to happen (though I'm still rooting for #1 overall)

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I disagree.  Picking at 2 vs. 5 gives a LOT of options for trading back and still getting an elite player at a position of need while possibly recouping a 2nd round pick.

Picking #1 would be an unbelievable benefit.  Trading back to #5 could still get us the Bama LT plus a boatload of picks.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't think we're losing out. Jets have a habit of splitting with Buffalo and the Bills have been pretty unreliable at home this year.

Jets have taken a big dip in efficiency numbers but I think injuries have played a huge part of that. We should be getting healthier right around when we're playing Houston/Bills/Titans. I think we're finishing with 5 or 6 wins. I'm usually all about losing out for higher picks but Darnold finishing the season on a high note would be way, way better than losing out tbh.

I'm not sure I see any way they Jets end up with more than 5 wins.  I think 4 looks the most likely with another 5-11 season very possible.

Agree 100% on Darnold.  I still think he can have a successful conclusion to the season even if the Jets finish something like 2-4 over their final 6 games.

11 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Jets will win a game for no reason and end up picking 6-9 range. You might as well just accept it now. 

This too. But the good news is that this year it's not going to cost us anything all that great. Top of this draft looks like it's mostly DL and DB and **** all that noise. The only offensive players (non-QB) getting projected top-10 are OT, and I think that's worth missing out on if it helps Darnold. If all the WR's grade out for the mid-first we're fine.