SELL THE TEAM WOODY!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

Yeah that's why when a rich prick gets a NFL franchise it's, "Til' death do us part." 

My company used to do work for John Hess on his property in Greenwich. Leon didn't want to "burden" his kids with running the Jets so in his will it was mandated that the Jets be sold upon his death 

I wonder how John feels. Sure being involved with Hess made him a billionaire but even a billionaire wouldn't mind an extra 2 billion, right? 

He ran massive international conglomerate Hess oil for 20 years. 

Maybe he was the guy that could have run this team? 

17 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

how can you support Bezos buying the Jets when he was handed 3 Billion dollars of Tax payers money. Am I missing something? you should hate the guy and Cuomo. they stole your money.

1) My understanding is that this was $3 billion in tax breaks, which means none of my tax dollars are being given to Amazon. If I'm wrong on that please correct me. 

2) Assuming #1 is correct, the problem is not the tax break, it's that the tax break was necessary in the first place and only big businesses have the power to negotiate them while medium and small businesses get the shaft.

3) Taxation is theft.

4) I don't blame Bezos for for the corruption in NYS. He's just playing the game the machine created.

5) This is my last post on politics but I wanted to respond since I was quoted.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

My company used to do work for John Hess on his property in Greenwich. Leon didn't want to "burden" his kids with running the Jets so in his will it was mandated that the Jets be sold upon his death 

I wonder how John feels. Sure being involved with Hess made him a billionaire but even a billionaire wouldn't mind an extra 2 billion, right? 

The Hess family is no long on the Forbes 400 list.  I think Leon hosed his kids by making them sell the team. 

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

1) My understanding is that this was $3 billion in tax breaks, which means none of my tax dollars are being given to anyone. If I'm wrong on that please correct me. 

2) Assuming #1 is correct, the problem is not the tax break, it's that the tax break was necessary in the first place and only big businesses have the power to negotiate them while medium and small businesses get the shaft.

3) Taxation is theft.

4) I don't blame Bezos for for the corruption in NYS. He's just playing the game the machine created.

hopefully someone did the analysis here at NYS.  Every $1 in new job has a multiplier effect on the economy.  That person needs clothes, food, transportation, housing, housecleaning, etc.

It is quite likely that that tax break for a new job is a good investment.  Sometimes employers like AllianceBernstein pick up and move to Nashville from New York because they were given a tax break, which is an investment by Tennessee.  

Amazon wanted to be in NY because of the people.  They could have blinked and moved somewhere else, like Austin or Chicago.  But they got NY to blink.  I think this ends up a good investment for NY.

Now these stadiums on the other hand-those are very bad investments by the government.  

19 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

how can you support Bezos buying the Jets when he was handed 3 Billion dollars of Tax payers money. Am I missing something? you should hate the guy and Cuomo. they stole your money.

Economics not your thing? 

Amazon said it will move into 4 million square feet of energy-efficient office space with an opportunity to expand to 8 million square feet, and adding an estimated $10 billion in incremental tax revenue over the next 20 years.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

1) My understanding is that this was $3 billion in tax breaks, which means none of my tax dollars are being given to anyone. If I'm wrong on that please correct me. 

3) Taxation is theft.

does the worlds richest man really need a tax break? how about the hard working people making 50,000 a year and then having to pay some of the highest taxes in the country. Yeah lets impose a 10 percent income tax on the people making 50,000 grand but give the guy worth 139 billion and a company with an annual income of 178 billion a tax break. 

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Economics not your thing? 

Amazon said it will move into 4 million square feet of energy-efficient office space with an opportunity to expand to 8 million square feet, and adding an estimated $10 billion in incremental tax revenue over the next 20 years.

im glad I moved away from you guys. 

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Do you really think the state and city handed Amazon actual real taxpayer money? 

not paying taxes when everyone else does is almost as good as being handed money. They just won't get all at once. It's like not having any tax withheld on your pay stub and then not having to pay anything back come Tax return season.

10 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

does the worlds richest man really need a tax break? how about the hard working people making 50,000 a year and then having to pay some of the highest taxes in the country. Yeah lets impose a 10 percent income tax on the people making 50,000 grand but give the guy worth 139 billion and a company with an annual income of 178 billion a tax break. 

Did you read my post or nah?

2 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

not paying taxes when everyone else does is almost as good as being handed money. They just won't get all at once. It's like not having any tax withheld on your pay stub and then not having to pay anything back come Tax return season.

But if all goes well the state and city get 10 billion in return for 3 Billion 

Fairfield lost GE over taxes 

It's better to get the employer than to lose it trust me 

15 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Hell, I wish all I was getting taxed was 10%. Try living off 23% taxation. You must be married with kids because us single people with no kids gets  are getting raped by the government.

1 minute ago, STLuLu said:

Hell, I wish all I was getting taxed was 10%. Try living off 23% taxation. You must be married with kids because us single people with no kids gets  are getting raped by the government.

nope I live in FL. 10% is just the income tax. that doesn't exist here in FL. I save 8,000 a year just by living here. property is cheaper too, food, clothes, damn just about everything. I'm probably saving more than 10,000. No wonder so many of you support Cuomo's deal with Bezos. you all don't realize how much you are all getting screwed.

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Not sure about hands on, but need a owners who hires competent people and demands accountability. No indication anyone is being held accountable for arguably the single worst 4 year stretch of drafting in team history, nor a coaching staff which inexplicably  believes it can win games 13-10 in 2018.

Not accountable?  That’s the understatement of the Century.

Last 43 games...Record 13-30...

Maccagnan will most likely be here ANOTHER 3 YEARS, giving him a total of 7 YEARS.  Was never a GM to begin with.  What great talent did he ever find in Houston? I’m still waiting for someone, anyone to tell me.

Bowles is totally incompetent at this level.  While you can easily see the opposition coach circles around him you see him just standing there being stubborn and never deviating from a plan that’s not working, probably because he doesn’t know how, and it’s been that way for CLOSE TO 4 YEARS.  You never see him engaged with players on the sideline making adjustments.

At this point BOTH of them should resign and use some of the money they stole from contracts they don’t deserve to take out full page Ads apologizing to the fans.....NO ONE could mess the Jets overall situation up worse IF THEY TRIED haha.

if Maccagnan is here 1 more day after the season ends smart fans should finally abandon this team.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

just like how caravans will bring more people to the country meaning they can pay more taxes.

It's one thing to be ignorant, but willfully ignorant there is no excuse for 

Obviously its the income taxes on the employees and various other revenues. 

Have a wonderful day in your cone of ignorance lol

1 hour ago, Larz said:

That's too bad. The Hess family keeping the team would be an actual legacy. John Hess would actually care...and maybe if Old Man Hess hadn't sold the team, a certain coach would have stuck around. 

And it would be difficult to be worse than Woody. But the Haslam and Pegula sure are trying.  

Too bad.  

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

It's one thing to be ignorant, but willfully ignorant there is no excuse for 

Obviously its the income taxes on the employees and various other revenues. 

Have a wonderful day in your cone of ignorance lol

you just helped my argument. the empoyees[making 30,000-40,000 a year] for amazon are going to make up those taxes. not the rich people on the board [Bezos] but yet those rich people are getting the tax breaks. BTW your a hypocrite if you're calling me ignorant

Just now, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

you just helped my argument. the empoyees for amazon are going to make up those taxes. not the rich people on the board [Bezos] but yet those rich people are getting the tax breaks. BTW your a hypocrite if you're calling me ignorant

If. Amazon. Didn't. Go. There. They. Wouldn't. Have. Those. Decent.  Jobs. At. All. 

8 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

as if there weren't any jobs in NYC. all its going to do is bring more people, which is going to raise living expenses even higher as if everything isn't overpriced there. 

LOL. Just....no. 

Middle-Middle class jobs don't raise prices. LOL. Yeah, there's plenty of work in NYC. If you want to be a waiter/bartender forever, or are a Stock Broker or have an MBA. Everything else is GOVERNMENT.  Which, you know, COSTS THE TAXPAYERS MONEY. 

Take a break. You clearly don't know what your talking about. And if you're in Florida (like me), why do you even care anyway?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

John Hess grew up with many of the trappings of wealth, he still pumped gas for the family Hess stations. The only son among three siblings, he joined his father on foreign oil fields at age seven and began working for the family business in 1976, as a graduate trainee. As a Harvard undergraduate he studied in Beirut, became fluent in Arabic and Farsi, and later befriended Middle Eastern oil ministers. By 1984 he was a senior vice president, managing exploration and production operations and contributing to the development of fields in Canada and the Gulf of Mexico.

Wow. We may have gotten ****ed hard. Wish I didnt know this. Why, Leon?! Why?!?