Clive Walford re-signed for final game. Eric Tomlinson hits IR.

Patriot Killa

2 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I wish Tomlinson well as he looks for a new team for next year.  

Useless player. Suppose to be a blocker and absolutely sucked at his one job. Had like 3 catches all year from what I can remember. 

Dont know why Walford even got cut. I liked Herndon/Leggett/Walford more than Tomlinson or Neal Sterling.

Good riddance to Eric Tomlinson, one of the biggest wastes of roster space by this moron coach of ours. Every play seemed he was either missing a block or committing a stupid penalty. Honestly, I don't get why he stuck around, but whatever. Hope he gets well and ruins another team soon.  I agree that Wolford looked decent in preseason, hopefully he can play special teams ok. 

59 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Useless player. Suppose to be a blocker and absolutely sucked at his one job. Had like 3 catches all year from what I can remember. 

Dont know why Walford even got cut. I liked Herndon/Leggett/Walford more than Tomlinson or Neal Sterling.

Tomlinson was a Bowles favorite apparently. Assuming Bowles gets fired, Tomlinson won't be back next year.

Eric Tomlinson is a mere link the the chain that is the NY Jet's Blocking bacck-up TE. Harking BACK to the DAYS of Ken whisenhut, The JETS have ALWAYS carried a "better blocking TE" on the roster to counterbalance the usually WR-only skills of the incumbent TE 1 at that point in time. Sadly Eric Tomlinson couldn't cut it to make the HOF list of NY Jets Back-up TEs:

Ken Whisenhut

Fred Baxter

Kyle Brady (should have been back-up)

Anthony Becht (should have been back-up)

Jermaine Wiggins

Sean Ryan

Jason Posciak

Ben Hartstock

Matthew Mulligan

:(

Eric Tomlinson

The Jets announced that they have placed tight end Eric Tomlinson on IR and signed Clive Walford. Rich Cimini is reporting that Tomlinson got hurt in the weight room.

The New York Jets lost their top blocking tight end this week because of a freak accident in the weight room, typifying their awful season.

While working out Wednesday after practice, Eric Tomlinson dropped a weight on his foot, lacerated two toes and required surgery, a source told ESPN.

We've signed TE Clive Walford and placed TE Eric Tomlinson on IR.

? https://t.co/ruyaMDBPWR pic.twitter.com/COKjNXwyS4

— New York Jets (@nyjets) December 27, 2018

Tomlinson, in his third season with the Jets, played in all 15 games this season with 12 starts. He was in for 353 plays on offense and 224 on special teams and threw one of the number of key blocks on Andre Roberts’ kickoff-return touchdown against Green Bay. Tomlinson had eight receptions for 72 yards. For his career, he’s played in 36 games (29 starts) with 16 catches for 193 yards and one TD catch last season.

Walford (6’4″, 258) was Oakland’s third-round pick in 2015 and played his first three seasons for the Raiders. He was acquired by the Jets on waivers from Oakland in April, played in all four Jets preseason games, and led the team with seven receptions (tied with rookie RB Trenton Cannon) and 92 yards. He was waived on Sept. 1.

The post Jets Clive Walford and Placed Eric Tomlinson on IR appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
xsW2mm-ilnY

Click here to read the full story...

IMG_4255.jpg

When the Jets were forced to place tight end Eric Tomlinson on injured reserve with just a few days remaining in the season, it epitomised what a frustrating year it has been for Gang Green.

Jets sign Clive Walford, place Eric Tomlinson on injured reserve https://t.co/wmkTu43DLS

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) December 27, 2018

It’s been a season in which even some of the most routine tasks have been seemingly impossible at times.  Whether it’s been their inability to run the ball with any level of consistency regardless of the opponent’s level of success against the run all season.  The blowing of multiple double-digit fourth quarter leads or the head coach who punts with just minutes left in the game while needing multiple scores for a win.

It’s an injury that will be a mere footnote when this season is in the rear view mirror, but what a fitting way to lose a player to wrap up the 2018 season.

The post Can’t Weight! Freak Injury Epitomises Jets Frustrating Season appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
C8mgNzQMuAA

Click here to read the full story...

Archived