Is Woody the league’s worst owner?

Philc1

Is Woody the league’s worst owner?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Is Woody the league’s worst owner?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:18 AM, Philc1 said:

They’ve been better recently and will continue to be better next several years while our current playoff drought goes well into the 2020’s even with Darnold 

But keep gloating about Woody inheriting a roster built by Parcells before he even bought the franchise from Hess’s corpse who was better

The Redskins show absolutely no signs of getting better any time soon, in fact they seem to be getting worse.  I'll take the  Jets future in the upcoming few years over the Redskins, Woody or not. Hess was well intentioned but we suffered mightily with him too. Remember?

4 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Woody sucks but Tanny is on record saying Tebow was his idea. He brought it up to Rex while eating ice cream at the airport and of course that clown thought it was a good idea. Two fat idiots talking horrible football moves over ice cream. That sums the end of their tenures up very well

Tanny wasn't that fat, and Tebow played an adequate right field for us.

On 1/1/2019 at 7:47 AM, nyjunc said:

Woody wasn't around the last 2 and for the first time since 1995 and 1996 the Jets had 2 consecutive losing seasons under Chris Johnson.

we have sucked this decade and Woody deserves some blame for that but we were really good last decade and he deserves praise for that.  even w/ us sucking and not having made the playoffs since 2010 we have we have 6 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins, 2 title game apps under Woody.  The following teams do not have more than 6 playoff wins since Woody took over:

Miami, Buffalo, Dallas, Washington, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Atlanta(also has 6), Tampa Bay, Chargers, Oakland, Kansas City, SF(also have 6), Rams, Arizona.

20 of the 31 other teams do not have more.  the Jets would be 12th among 32 teams.  Not bad for having the worst owner in the sport.

Woody wasn’t around?  You actually think that made up job going to wine mixers in London takes up all his time?  

3 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The Redskins show absolutely no signs of getting better any time soon, in fact they seem to be getting worse.  I'll take the  Jets future in the upcoming few years over the Redskins, Woody or not. Hess was well intentioned but we suffered mightily with him too. Remember?

The redskins probably go 9-7 this year and possibly get a wildcard if Alex Smith doesn’t break his leg

On 1/1/2019 at 7:54 AM, FidelioJet said:

I'm starting to get the sense that Woody was a much better "owner" than Chris.

Feels to me, and this is only a feeling, that the Chris fancy's himself a true football guy - in the Snyder/Jones mold.

Based on what, a dream you had?  Chris hasnt made one football decision for the team that you can point to.  Other than to be in the draft room and congratulate picks.   

Oh and to fire Bowles.  

8 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Woody sucks but Tanny is on record saying Tebow was his idea. He brought it up to Rex while eating ice cream at the airport and of course that clown thought it was a good idea. Two fat idiots talking horrible football moves over ice cream. That sums the end of their tenures up very well

Tanny was being a good soldier and showing the other nfl owners who could potentially hire him he wouldn’t throw them under the bus

Tebow was Woody’s idea

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Based on what, a dream you had?  Chris hasnt made one football decision for the team that you can point to.  Other than to be in the draft room and congratulate picks.   

Oh and to fire Bowles.  

Chrissy extended Bowles

But in reality it’s his bro that’s calling the shots.  The internet and phones doexist

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m so glad we drafted Stephen Hill and traded for Tebow instead of drafting Russell Wilson

Im always glad when someone clearly makes a 3rd round draft pick into some ridiculous way of judging a team.  HOw many passed on wilson? How many times?  Why?  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Im always glad when someone clearly makes a 3rd round draft pick into some ridiculous way of judging a team.  HOw many passed on wilson? How many times?  Why?  

Bradway and Rex have both stated publicly they wanted Wilson.  Rex also said publicly he hated the Stephen Hill pick right after they drafted him

You cant say the 20/20 hindsight nonsense when it was verified that’s what peoplenin the organization wanted to do but got overruled by a dumbass owner

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Chrissy extended Bowles

But in reality it’s his bro that’s calling the shots.  The internet and phones doexist

As he should have, as any and every owner would have.  WTF do you care about him spending a couple of extra million, that effects nothing in the bottom line to get rid of the lame duck tag that every team, any sport alway eliminate heading into the last year of the coachs contract

Just now, Jet Nut said:

As he should have, as any and every owner would have.  WTF do you care about him spending a couple of extra million, that effects nothing in the bottom line to get rid of the lame duck tag that every team, any sport alway eliminate heading into the last year of the coachs contract

Incompetent ownership extends a Todd Bowles after back to back 5-11 seasons 

Just now, Philc1 said:

Bradway and Rex have both stated publicly they wanted Wilson.  Rex also said publicly he hated the Stephen Hill pick right after they drafted him

You cant say the 20/20 hindsight nonsense when it was verified that’s what peoplenin the organization wanted to do but got overruled by a dumbass owner

No one has ever proven that anyone wanted Wilson.  Total nonsense to say that Bradway threw out Wilsons name for the third round so the owner sucks because he wasnt picked.  Now Rex wanted him? LOL, sure he did.  Rex also scouted and worked out Sanchez who he called a FQB. 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Incompetent ownership extends a Todd Bowles after back to back 5-11 seasons 

Incompetent fans keep making this argument about owners, think their owners are the cause for everything that doesnt work out, never for what does and use dumb asses avatars of owner and think its funny and insulting.  

I mean, the Bengals are notoriously cheap - so much so that TJ Houshmanzadeh recently talked about how the Bengals used to provide the players with only used jockstraps and didn't give players waterbottles or gatorade.

But yeah, Woody's clearly the worst (says someone with no grasp of how bad some of the other owners in the league are)

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Oh and to fire Bowles.  

For starters, the fact that he has both the HC and GM reporting to him.  That means he's running the show.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

For starters, the fact that he has both the HC and GM reporting to him.  That means he's running the show.

And other teams are run this way.  So?  I agree he's involved, is going to be part of the HC search.  Like every owner, in every sport does.  Shocking that million dollar commitments required his input.  It's his show.  Don't get the shock of wanting to talk to his employees.  He also eats with the team in the facility, they love that.  So, he shouldn't do that either

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And other teams are run this way.  So?  I agree he's running the show.  It's his show.  Don't get the shock of wanting to talk to his employees.  He also eats with the team in the facility, they love that.  So

I would prefer to have football people running the football team.  If he were good at that would be one thing - so far he's proven to be terribly incompetent at this job.

I certainly hope he can turn it around but to date he's shown nothing to say he will. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Tanny was being a good soldier and showing the other nfl owners who could potentially hire him he wouldn’t throw them under the bus

Tebow was Woody’s idea

I’m not even a fan of Woody but as it stands everything you just said is made up in your head. Nothing suggests that Tanny just took the fall for the hell of it. Every report said Tanny came up with it. You are free to believe what you want though if it fits your narrative 

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I would prefer to have football people running the football team.  If he were good at that would be one thing - so far he's proven to be terribly incompetent at this job.

I certainly hope he can turn it around but to date he's shown nothing to say he will. 

One more time, he's a part of the team.  Every owner is.  

Everyone is impressed with him.  Fans aren't.  I'm shocked, fans always love the owner.  Lol

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

One more time, he's a part of the team.  Every owner is.  

Everyone is impressed with him.  Fans aren't.  I'm shocked, fans always love the owner.  Lol

Fans would love the owner if they won - or were even competitive.

Every owner does not essentially make himself the GM, which, for all intents and purposes, is what CJ has done.  A GM without the HC under him is not a GM - he's the head scout.  And with CJ in that role the Jets have proven to have failed at almost every aspect of this job.  bottom 5 talent, bottom 5 record.  They fell ass backwards into Darnold.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Fans would love the owner if they won - or were even competitive.

Every owner does not essentially make himself the GM, which, for all intents and purposes, is what CJ has done.  A GM without the HC under him is not a GM - he's the head scout.  And with CJ in that role the Jets have proven to have failed at almost every aspect of this job.  bottom 5 talent, bottom 5 record.  They fell ass backwards into Darnold.

Because when we were willing they loved Woody.  When the Mets made the WS they loved the Wilpons.  Dolan, he was lived when the Knicks were winning it the Rangers.  

Fans whine about owners all the time.  Think their owner is the worst.  

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

The redskins probably go 9-7 this year and possibly get a wildcard if Alex Smith doesn’t break his leg

In the six games that Alex Smith missed the Redskins were blown out in three  of them, including two losses of 24 points each.  In no other loss did they come closer than eight points. Although I like Alex Smith to suggest that they would have won two of the five with him while losing by at least a touchdown is a reach.  The fact is the Redskins beat only one playoff bound team the entire year, beating the Cowboys by a field goal  and after Smith's injury the only game they won was by a field goal over the  imploded Jaguars. Further to the point of his injury Smith had thrown only 10 Touchdown passes vs. 5 interceptions, for 2200 yards. His touted accuracy was also down this year.  Not his best season that's for sure.  As a result, it could be safely assumed that this was a bad  team, not the 9-7 team that you suggested.  As bad as this years Jets, probably not.  But pretty close.  All teams have injuries, the loss of Alex Smith, while was not the reason this was  a bad team. Going forward,  I'll take Johnson's Jets, thank you.

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because when we were willing they loved Woody.  When the Mets made the WS they loved the Wilpons.  Dolan, he was lived when the Knicks were winning it the Rangers.  

Fans whine about owners all the time.  Think their owner is the worst.  

Wrong.  While I like most of your posts, this time you are dead wrong.  The Wilpons were NEVER loved or celebrated by Met's fans. To the contrary they are almost universally despised, due to their miserly ways of perceptually always " doing things on the cheap".  Even when they do spend money on the team, the fan base, myself included, never feels that they go far enough to assure a well balanced competitive team.  Ditto for Dolan, who is probably hated even more than the Wilpons.  His arrogant, ridiculous handling of the Knicks has made many long time fans of the team abandon them completely.  His fiascos with Isiah Thomas, the " Great" Carmelo Anthony, and that self-important piece of crap Phil Jackson, with his stooge  Joakim Noah, have turned the franchise into the biggest joke in the NBA.  The only reason the Rangers have had any modicum of  success under his ownership, is for some reason,  {thank g-d}  this fool has had a "hands off" approach with the hockey operation.  If he hadn't,  then his "Reverse Midas Touch" surely would have turned the Rangers into a piece of sh#t also.

6 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Wrong.  While I like most of your posts, this time you are dead wrong.  The Wilpons were NEVER loved or celebrated by Met's fans. To the contrary they are almost universally despised, due to their miserly ways of perceptually always " doing things on the cheap".  Even when they do spend money on the team, the fan base, myself included, never feels that they go far enough to assure a well balanced competitive team.  Ditto for Dolan, who is probably hated even more than the Wilpons.  His arrogant, ridiculous handling of the Knicks has made many long time fans of the team abandon them completely.  His fiascos with Isiah Thomas, the " Great" Carmelo Anthony, and that self-important piece of crap Phil Jackson, with his stooge  Joakim Noah, have turned the franchise into the biggest joke in the NBA.  The only reason the Rangers have had any modicum of  success under his ownership, is for some reason,  {thank g-d}  this fool has had a "hands off" approach with the hockey operation.  If he hadn't,  then his "Reverse Midas Touch" surely would have turned the Rangers into a piece of sh#t also.

I agree with this.

I'm a Jets, Mets, and Knicks fan and I'd say Woody is by far the best owner of my favorite teams and as sad as that is, I'm not sure it's even close.

I mean, James Dolan is literally in a class by himself. As owner of the Knicks he might be the single worst owner in all of North American sports.

19 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Wrong?  You said I'd we won the owner would be liked.  I said the Wilpons weren't when the Mets went to the last two WS.  How goes that makes me wrong exactly?

Dolan it's miserly?  Never spends enough.  OMG you're so wrong

Archived