FItzmagic - the trademark

nycdan

8 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Wonder if he thought he was being original

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

How could he have thought that?  Even the most inept search on google returned nothing but Ryan until yesterday when this news hit.  Any trademark attorney would have know that right off the bat.  Hell, most of those searches probably point back to JN :)

This would be like Aaron Rodgers trying to trademark A-Rod.

Just now, nycdan said:

mcdowells-coming-to-america-fat-sals.jpg

Yup, this is a blatant attempt at a rip off. 

There was a story that there was a McDonalds restaurant in some small town usa that was shut down name wise by the big company.  The people that owned the establishment were names McDoanld, the premises looked nothing like a mcDs at all.  The menu was not close.  McDonald is a  very common name why should anyone be able to totally restrict its use?

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yup, this is a blatant attempt at a rip off. 

There was a story that there was a McDonalds restaurant in some small town usa that was shut down name wise by the big company.  The people that owned the establishment were names McDoanld, the premises looked nothing like a mcDs at all.  The menu was not close.  McDonald is a  very common name why should anyone be able to totally restrict its use?

I highly recommend Coming to America for a rainy day if you have never seen it.  Did Eddie Murphy plagarize it?  Of course (what doesn't he plagiarize?) and yes, you'll have to stomach the useless Arsenio Hall.  FWIW, the McDowell's on Queens Blvd is simply genius.   And the little cameo by Mortimer and Randolph (Bellamy and Ameche) from Trading Places is priceless.  "We're back in business"

hqdefault.jpg

36 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

if my name was Minkah, I would have been grasping staws long before 2019

So....weird coincidence but since McDonalds and straws were both mentioned, anyone see this crazy sh-t?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/01/03/customer-attacks-mcdonalds-employee-llr-orig.cnn/video/playlists/atv-trending-videos/

Some towns/states are passing laws restricting plastic straws (they apparently do a lot of environmental damage and kill turtles).  This one customer decided it warranted physically assaulting an employee over.  Yay America.  Guy had to have been a WR in high school because only WRs are that crazy.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Many trademark decisions are very lame and suck.  If you are blatantly trying to copy someone or something then they should apply but otherwise no imo

Trademark decisions are intended to protect consumers. Would most consumers be confused given that the name is most associated with the Bearded One? Yes.  So the decision was the right one.

-An Actual TM Attorney

6 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Trademark decisions are intended to protect consumers. Would most consumers be confused given that the name is most associated with the Bearded One? Yes.  So the decision was the right one.

-An Actual TM Attorney

I never disputed that at all.  I disputed what listed in my example. 

Should Ryan fitzpatick be able to have 'Fitz' on a tshirt and not allow anyone else to use 'Fitz'?  A common nickname.

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Has there ever been a QB who can play like a hall of fame QB on his best days, and an UDFA QB from a division III school on his worst days? I'll answer that myself, it's Ryan FitzmagicPatrick. 

As far as I can tell, he is one of only two QBs to ever throw 6 TDs in one game and 6 INTs in another game.  The other.  Peyton with 7 TDs once and 6 INTs once.  Brett, Ben and Eli have all done 6 TDs and 5 INTs at some point.  Peyton, Brett, Ben, Eli, Patrick.  One of these things is not like the others.

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

So....weird coincidence but since McDonalds and straws were both mentioned, anyone see this crazy sh-t?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/01/03/customer-attacks-mcdonalds-employee-llr-orig.cnn/video/playlists/atv-trending-videos/

Some towns/states are passing laws restricting plastic straws (they apparently do a lot of environmental damage and kill turtles).  This one customer decided it warranted physically assaulting an employee over.  Yay America.  Guy had to have been a WR in high school because only WRs are that crazy.

St.Pete Florida??? Going back 10 years, Busch Gardens used to make me get rid of the straws for the kids juice boxes before they let us in.  Now I know why, thanks lol

Archived