The Adam Gase Poll

jgb

Put your name on it  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How long will Gase be HC of NYJ?

2. 2. How many SBs will Gase win as HC of NYJ?

3. 3. Will Sam Darnold Make a pro bowl under Gase?

4. 4. Who will survive longer in their current role?

• Mac
    • Gase
    • Both will remain on together for many years
    • Both will be canned together
  5. 5. When will we win our first AFC East title under Gase?

6. 6. When we look back at the Gase tenure years from now, how will the majority of Jets fans describe it?

I feel like if it’s clear that Maccagnan is truly the root cause of awfulness, you can fire him and slide Heimerdinger into the GM job without firing Gase, so I don’t think this guarantees Macc four years. There’s only one guy on the roster who counts and that’s Darnold, and Gase has a decent track record with QBs, so regardless of anything else, the Jets identified the one, solitary path they had toward competing for anything, and that’s maximizing Darnold.

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

A lot of my answers are more of a reflection of Mac than Gase but still get to the same answer. 

I had trouble with the last question. Gase could win a SB and Jets fans could very well still consider him a failure ala McCarthy "Only one SB with Darnold."

9 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Darnold will be a pro-bowler anyway. Gase just helps him reach it sooner.

Darnold was playing at an All-Pro level during the last quarter of the season with Bowles and Bates and only 1 month off. Imagine what he could do with an entire off season along with a reputable QB guy now. It's going to happen regardless.

32 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Darnold was playing at an All-Pro level during the last quarter of the season with Bowles and Bates and only 1 month off. Imagine what he could do with an entire off season along with a reputable QB guy now. It's going to happen regardless.

Tannehill is no schlub. But darnold looks special.

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like if it’s clear that Maccagnan is truly the root cause of awfulness, you can fire him and slide Heimerdinger into the GM job without firing Gase, so I don’t think this guarantees Macc four years. There’s only one guy on the roster who counts and that’s Darnold, and Gase has a decent track record with QBs, so regardless of anything else, the Jets identified the one, solitary path they had toward competing for anything, and that’s maximizing Darnold.

How soon before we see you with a Jamal Adams Jersey slowly sipping a cup of hot Dunkin donuts coffee?

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm looking at your signature and wondering if this hire gets added as your 4th gif at some point. lol

No way. If Kotite and Bowles aren’t up there Gase has no shot to make the Hall of Shame.

Gase and Mac will both be gone after 3 middling years.  While we won’t be the worst team in the league, we will have wasted the cheap years of Darnolds rookie deal.  We probably slip into the playoffs year one after a big spending spree but ultimately its a failure after getting worse each year.  Much like the Macs tenure here and Gases in Miami.

7 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Gase and Mac will both be gone after 3 middling years.  While we won’t be the worst team in the league, we will have wasted the cheap years of Darnolds rookie deal.  We probably slip into the playoffs year one after a big spending spree but ultimately its a failure after getting worse each year.  Much like the Macs tenure here and Gases in Miami.

The dark sider force is strong with this one 

Archived