Dee Ford - 0 sacks, 0 tackles

Ghost

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope NFL GMs are as foolish as some of you and avoid Dee ford because he couldn't get to Brady within 1.5 seconds. 

For years, guys that get pressure from the outside haven't gotten to Brady because he has no arm and just dinks and dunks. 

So yeah, Dee ford isn't the answer for Brady but Brady is old and we can't just build a team to beat Brady who could retire any year. 

19 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We should not sign ford or clowney or bell.  Build through the draft.  Only bring in low tier free agents.

I know you've been on this kick of not bringing in talented Free Agents.

I have to ask, honestly, what do you want the Jets to do with the cap space that HAS to be spent?

Are you suggesting overpaying JAGs, just to assure your only good players are ones we drafted?

I certainly understand the idea of building through the draft but signing players that can truly make an impact on a football game doesn't prevent us from attempting to do that.

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fun Fact: Ford has had 4 or less sacks in 3 out of 5 nfl seasons

Cool story!  In those other 2 seasons he had 10 and 13, with 25 total TFL's, 46 QB hits and 8 FF's.

The season in between, he was hurt and only played 6 games.  He still got 2 sacks, 4 TFLs and 7 QB hits in that shortened season.

And he did all that with Bob Sutton as the DC.  Imagine what he can accomplish with Gregg Williams. 

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cool story!  In those other 2 seasons he had 10 and 13, with 25 total TFL's, 46 QB hits and 8 FF's.

The season in between, he was hurt and only played 6 games.  He still got 2 sacks, 4 TFLs and 7 QB hits in that shortened season.

And he did all that with Bob Sutton as the DC.  Imagine what he can accomplish with Gregg Williams. 

Ok so 3 of 5 seasons in which Ford did almost nothing we should ignore and give him $100 million after playing horribly against our biggest rival?

088526F4-C686-44F1-8DEE-45F6534723DE.thumb.jpeg.56719be9ff3805a8940060bd2e1937b4.jpeg

Bill Buckner didn't deserve the treatment he got for that gaffe.  "Today" ballplayer, might not have even played that game as hurt and broken as he was.  There's a school of thought that Mookie would have beaten it out anyway.  I didn't think so, but a lot of people did.  He is a good human being, and was a good player who didn't deserve to end his career that way or  to be chastised and demeaned over that one play.  The Red Sox could have won the next game and didn't, how about that.  Typical Boston reaction.

Also, it was simply an error fielding the ball. Not the ridiculous mental error of lining up off sides.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived