Dee Ford - 0 sacks, 0 tackles

Ghost

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

I knew the outcome was set after the fake roughing the passer. 

Fords screw up was just icing.

That Roughing was ridiculous, but I was happier with the Pats penalties than any playoff game I can remember. I actually thought they called it well for once. At least better. Even the Edelman missed punt was a great overturn. It didn't go the way I wanted it to but it was the right call. 

now that first game....UGH!!  

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Perhaps the biggest unforced stupid penalty in NFL history, and zero sacks. Wouldn't give this guy $10 to walk my dog for fear he'd eff that up. 

He’d step in the dog poop and smear it all over your floor. And then hit you with a surcharge for messing up his shoes.

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

MAYHEM MAYBIN!!! 

img.jpeg.a563dcd71c7e7f92510f9c13fd3872b9.jpeg

That's his art work?

B/c it DEFINITELY shows that the players HEAR the VOICES and it DOES get in there heads. They feel the fan & media criticism. Look at all the written words surrounding him. Makes you wonder what D. Lee hears if visualized? lol. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If Dee Ford doesn’t line up offsides the narrative would be how Tom Brady threw three interceptions in a Championship Game. Instead he is the only QB in NFL history to win 3 OT games in the postseason. Unreal.

SAR I

And if Pete Carroll hands off to Marshawn Lynch.  And if the Falcons dont throw the ball all over the place up 28-3.

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

That's his art work?

B/c it DEFINITELY shows that the players HEAR the VOICES and it DOES get in there heads. They feel the fan & media criticism. Look at all the written words surrounding him. Makes you wonder what D. Lee hears if visualized? lol. 

Interesting Right?  You can see  Bust, too light and Dumb among others. It's really telling. 

Too bad it was all pretty much spot on. At least as far as him making it in the NFL though. When he come over and got 2 or 3 sacks in one game when we nabbed him from Buffalo I was really rooting for him to make it. There's a lot of pressure for these guys for sure. 

I'd love to see this done by a kicker. Those guys... holy cow! 

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The guy is Bill Buckner. Neutral zone penalty lost the chiefs the game.

Bill Buckner didn't deserve the treatment he got for that gaffe.  "Today" ballplayer, might not have even played that game as hurt and broken as he was.  There's a school of thought that Mookie would have beaten it out anyway.  I didn't think so, but a lot of people did.  He is a good human being, and was a good player who didn't deserve to end his career that way or  to be chastised and demeaned over that one play.  The Red Sox could have won the next game and didn't, how about that.  Typical Boston reaction.

15 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

I’ll take a prolific offensive playmaker over a prolific pass rusher every time. It’s much tougher to stop a great offensive player than a pass rusher. What did Mack do in the playoffs? Watt? Ingram/Bosa? The Jets need to try to trade down in the first round twice, pick up a couple more day-two picks and stock up on offense. 

right.  the way the game is going even the edge rushers are losing value to the offensive players.  as you said, bosa/ingram/ford/watt all got handled.  and they mostly got handled by very pedestrian players.

15 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

I’ll take a prolific offensive playmaker over a prolific pass rusher every time. It’s much tougher to stop a great offensive player than a pass rusher. What did Mack do in the playoffs? Watt? Ingram/Bosa? The Jets need to try to trade down in the first round twice, pick up a couple more day-two picks and stock up on offense. 

And go after Trey Flowers in FA along with a center or guard. Then draft Jonah Williams after trading down with the Giants at six while picking up at least a second rounder.

15 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Chiefs defense was WORTHLESS.

Dee Ford Shat himself...       oh my... went looking for Player sh*ts self and found this...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/jamal-adams-mysterious-ailment-texas-bowl/

Jamal can tweet him and say " You did it figurtaivley, I did it literally!"

btw, had no clue i'd uncover this.

18 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

The Chiefs lost yesterday because their OL and their DL stunk.  You need the big guys up front to beat the Pats (see Giants and Eagles Super Bowl wins).  Go after Brown, Flowers and Grady Jarrett and draft Q. Williams.

As for Dee Ford, he's a terrific player.  I'll take his 13 sacks and 17.5 TFL anytime.  If he played behind Q. Williams, Leo and Grady Jarrett he could hit 20 sacks.  I would sooner sign him than Clowney or DeMarcus Lawrence and save a few million per year.

On this site every time a player has a bad play they call for his trading or cutting.  Next play he performs and he's called a hero.  It just goes with the territory.  

Tough game for Ford. The middle of his line just got torn apart on run plays most of the game and the Patriots were constantly in short yardage with Brady throwing on time.

That said, that was a huge mental error. Haven't watched him enough to know if he makes those all the time, but if not, prob shortsided to cast aside based on one game. 

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are watching the patriots get to super bowl after super bowl and they would never bring in a bell or an expensive free agent pass rusher.

But yes, lets bring in these guys who will sh!t the bed once they get paid.

I agree.

However, you have to spend to the cap, Jets don't even have their full draft for the year (no 2nd rounder), and they don't have close to enough people signed to field a team.

16 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

All we need to do is line up onside and we will win the SB...as far as I am reading here.

Normal human reaction. Try to make sense of a complex world by distilling someone else’s entire existence to one poignant moment. I wonder how many would live up to their own standard—being judged by their most bone-headed moment.

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Normal human reaction. Try to make sense of a complex world by distilling someone else’s entire existence to one poignant moment. I wonder how many would live up to their own standard—being judged by their most bone-headed moment.

There's a reason for the old saying, especially by Latin American govts:

Do as I SAY, NOT as I do. :lol:

Just now, JiF said:

He played every single snap yesterday and was dominant. 

I'd love to have him.  He'd be the best player on D instantly. 

You think? My feeling is that once he gets that Paycheck (and this is a guy who already made a  fully guaranteed $23.5M) the lights and that fire we saw in the NFCCG will fade. 

I'm just not convinced he'd be worth the $ for the effort he puts into a full 16 game season. I could be wrong, but just from what I've read I feel DC GWill would HATE him from an effort POV. 

17 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are watching the patriots get to super bowl after super bowl and they would never bring in a bell or an expensive free agent pass rusher.

But yes, lets bring in these guys who will sh!t the bed once they get paid.

Right - or a Brandin Cooks, or Randy Moss or Revis or...

15 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Bill Buckner didn't deserve the treatment he got for that gaffe.  "Today" ballplayer, might not have even played that game as hurt and broken as he was.  There's a school of thought that Mookie would have beaten it out anyway.  I didn't think so, but a lot of people did.  He is a good human being, and was a good player who didn't deserve to end his career that way or  to be chastised and demeaned over that one play.  The Red Sox could have won the next game and didn't, how about that.  Typical Boston reaction.

I've never seen someone really go up to bat for Buckner like this. Thanks for the laugh. ?

Of all the penalties a DE can be charged for, Ford was flagged for a pre-snap error that could have been corrected by any person on his sideline. It wasn’t a flagrant foul, it was a mistake.  I’d be stoked with him being on our team opposite a Nick Bosa or Josh Allen. 

This penalty pales in comparison to the Rams PI/tackle that was a non-call. 

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've never seen someone really go up to bat for Buckner like this. Thanks for the laugh. ?

Had a lot of baseball cards, as a result,, a lot of Bill Buckner cards, read the stats a lot. Pretty good player. Never bought a pack of cards.  Pretty damn good flipper.  Part of childhood. I know you get it.

Archived