Why is no one allowed to talk about Edelman using PEDs?

Philc1

Just now, k-met57 said:

hate the pats, had a rough night...i rather focus on the fact that the saints would have won that game by 2 TD's then JE's PED's (which are kind of a joke anyways)

It’s an irrelevant joke if Edelman uses steroids but if Alex Rodriguez gets caught he deserves a lifetime ban 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

It’s an irrelevant joke if Edelman uses steroids but if Alex Rodriguez gets caught he deserves a lifetime ban 

One guy was suspended for 4 games for using an undisclosed substance (like about 10000 other guys, including Lee) the other guy is a habitual roid user who has admitted using anabolic steroids for YEARS....

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Butterfield said:

These guys should be punished much more harshly for PEDs.  Its a joke really.  

Rodney Harrison and Logan Mankins have also been caught in the past and that’s with the nfl intentionally half assing monitoring the patriots

Brady is 42 still playing at this level because of guacamole ice cream

1821CBB4-ABF1-4B48-A012-238CC6A646B6.thumb.jpeg.5b25a15b2bbd38fa9fd4bb297ed3808c.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

you guys are some sore losers....get over it...the new season is only 7 months away.

I don’t care if the patriots won I actually disliked the rams more I just think it’s strange how no one can talk about Edelman’s steroids 

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

you guys are some sore losers....get over it...the new season is only 7 months away.

No. I don't care that he got busted. I am sure we have our own group of players on the Jets that take PEDs. But let's not act as if Edelman is any cleaner of a player than Arod or any other former/current juicer. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Philc1 said:

I don’t care if the patriots won I actually disliked the rams more I just think it’s strange how no one can talk about Edelman’s steroids 

should they talk about it for the rest of time? he did his 4 games...how long should it be a topic of conversation? retirement?

I hate the Pats as much as anyone, but lets be honest, 99% of the NFL is using PED's in some way shape or form. Human beings have not evolved to the rate NFL players or other athletes have over the past 50 years. Its one of the biggest reasons there are so many more injuries in sports these days. Athletes are much bigger, much stronger, much faster and the physics ultimately proves out. While nutrition and exercise has accounted for some of the bigger, stronger faster, PED's have as well

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No. I don't care that he got busted. I am sure we have our own group of players on the Jets that take PEDs. But let's not act as if Edelman is any cleaner of a player than Arod or any other former/current juicer. 

i actually think that you absolutely have to assume that he is cleaner then Arod.

Arod is like 2 steps away from being the poster child for the steroid era in baseball....there is 0 chance that with the current NFL testing policy Edelman is nearly as "dirty"...even if he has used PEDs (which he prob has).

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

All the talking heads shows on cable tv discussing the super bowl will anyone bring up that Edelman the mvp just got busted for PEDs?

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

I hate the Pats as much as anyone, but lets be honest, 99% of the NFL is using PED's in some way shape or form. Human beings have not evolved to the rate NFL players or other athletes have over the past 50 years. Its one of the biggest reasons there are so many more injuries in sports these days. Athletes are much bigger, much stronger, much faster and the physics ultimately proves out. While nutrition and exercise has accounted for some of the bigger, stronger faster, PED's have as well

Just 99%?

funny how when most of the mlb the as using roids somehow no one used that as an excuse for the players who got caught 

• WTF? 1

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I know today Edelman is the darling of America but this weasel just served a 4-game suspension for PEDs (which of course Goodell won’t disclose what the PEDs were cough cough steroids)

i mean this is the same fan base that used to obsess over Alex Rodriguez being a roider to the point they sold Arod steroid needle t-shirts at games

I could be wrong but I think someday some guy will spill his guts and say there was something extra in Brady’s water.  His arm is way stronger at 40 than it was at 20.  There was a reason he lasted until the 6th Rd.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I could be wrong but I think someday some guy will spill his guts and say there was something extra in Brady’s water.  His arm is way stronger at 40 than it was at 20.  There was a reason he lasted until the 6th Rd.

I’ve been saying for years the next great Patriots cheating scandal will be blanket mass steroid use on the roster

Guerrero is a steroid dealer.  Belichick got worried he’d get exposed and it would leak out that’s the real reason he kicked him out of the facility 

Oh Edelman runs so fast!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The nfl leaks out when they are doing UA’s and Edelman still got caught.  That’s how much and how often he is using

Exactly, you’re right.  And it makes sense, when it’s something like weed they’ll disclose it and why not, the whole world will shrug it off.

But if it’s steroids or some other performance enhancer that puts a big taint on the guy and makes any accomplishments by his team looked at in a lesser way.

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Just 99%?

funny how when most of the mlb the as using roids somehow no one used that as an excuse for the players who got caught 

I don't think the numbers in baseball are quite that high, but they are still very high. The Yankees may have been at 99% however.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I know today Edelman is the darling of America but this weasel just served a 4-game suspension for PEDs (which of course Goodell won’t disclose what the PEDs were cough cough steroids)

i mean this is the same fan base that used to obsess over Alex Rodriguez being a roider to the point they sold Arod steroid needle t-shirts at games

If you were Belichick what would you do ?

Knowing Edelman was hurting and probably dealing with multiple Injuries due to the nature of playing in the slot does it make sense to heal up with Steroids face the 4 game suspension during a time you might be on the sidelines anyway and be ready for the last 12 games and playoffs ? if the NFL changed to a season long suspension I think you would see much less in the way of PED abuse. A 4 game suspension in the NFL means nothing other than allowing a player to heal up and be ready for the latter half of the season and playoff run.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

I’ve been saying for years the next great Patriots cheating scandal will be blanket mass steroid use on the roster

Guerrero is a steroid dealer.  Belichick got worried he’d get exposed and it would leak out that’s the real reason he kicked him out of the facility 

Oh Edelman runs so fast!

Yup, white guy at a skill position, ALWAYS open, ALWAYS making a big play, came out of what, some Division II school?.....when someone like that gets popped for taking something he shouldn’t have under league rules....color me totally unsurprised.

I agree with your post.  As I said in another post, Brady’s arm is way stronger at 40 than it was when he was 20 years old, and there was a reason he lasted until Rd 6.

58 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So?  We are no longer allowed to discuss it because he got a wrist slap?  Aldon Smith can’t even play football because he smokes weed

is someone oppressing you? hiding uder your bed and talking to you whikle you sleep that you can never talk about this?

i thougt not.

• Upvote 1