Why is no one allowed to talk about Edelman using PEDs?

Philc1

Edelman was coming off a serious injury.  One of the NFL's dirty little secrets is how much athletes juice up during the recovery process to speed things along (and it can cut things in half).  If they take too much, the drug persists in microscopic quantities and can trigger a positive result.

It's absolutely pervasive and something the NFL probably doesn't want to investigate too much (b/c hurt players don't generate revenue).

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Some steroids can stay in your system for years. Very minute, insignificant amounts, but you could still piss hot for them. And PEDs encompass a whole lot, you can have a flabby bod and still be on a whole plethora of gear.

The point I was driving was more that it makes it easier to have one's body reach a desired level; after that point is reached and one is in maintenance mode rather than growth mode, steroids or other PEDs maybe are no longer necessary (certainly they're less necessary, while uninjured). But that maintenance-only level wouldn't have been reached without having used them in the first place. One doesn't return to rookie Tom Brady body immediately upon cessation of whatever enhancers were used in the first place. 

I take for granted all NFL players are in the gym; we're talking about those guys not someone theoretically juicing and lazing on a couch all day (or bulking up on whatever enhancer - steroids or otherwise - and then doing nothing thereafter). 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hael said:

Edelman was coming off a serious injury.  One of the NFL's dirty little secrets is how much athletes juice up during the recovery process to speed things along (and it can cut things in half).  If they take too much, the drug persists in microscopic quantities and can trigger a positive result.

It's absolutely pervasive and something the NFL probably doesn't want to investigate too much (b/c hurt players don't generate revenue).

Edelman was a college qb now he routinely can beat NFL starting DBs downfield with a 10 yard headstart 

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The point I was driving was more that it makes it easier to have one's body reach a desired level; after that point is reached and one is in maintenance mode rather than growth mode, steroids or other PEDs maybe are no longer necessary (certainly they're less necessary, while uninjured). But that maintenance-only level wouldn't have been reached without having used them in the first place. One doesn't return to rookie Tom Brady body immediately upon cessation of whatever enhancers were used in the first place. 

I take for granted all NFL players are in the gym; we're talking about those guys not someone theoretically juicing and lazing on a couch all day (or bulking up on whatever enhancer - steroids or otherwise - and then doing nothing thereafter). 

Take a 250lb lb who benches 225 30 d times and runs a 4.5 40.

After juicing up to that size, the human body cannot naturally stay at 250lbs of muscle with its own natural hormone production. Also steroids will kill your own natural hormone levels, so anybody taking them will still need to take a decent amount to stay at that physical condition of 250lbs. Nobody produces enough testosterone naturally to retain that much muscle. 

You can't just stop steroids and expect to retain most of it. Look at all the players once they retire. They shrink. Only the ones who get a career on tv continue to use to keep up their appearance (ray Lewis,  Dion Sanders, Howie long, Tony gonzalez...) 

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The problem with that is you're lumping all PEDs into one big garbage can (i.e. turinabol with HGH with TRT). Some steroids can absolutely blow you up like a gorilla and then shrink you back down once you're off, but others simply better your reaction timing or recovery abilities without changing your physical appearance all that much if at all. It also depends greatly on the person. The biggest mistake anyone can make when it comes to PEDs and steroids especially is to look at someone's arm muscles and think it's as simple as that. The best thing the NFL can do is to implement some sort of USADA-like testing but even that's problematic for a billion other reasons (i.e. practicality and/or tainted supplements), but mostly because the players union would never agree to it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The problem with that is you're lumping all PEDs into one big garbage can (i.e. turinabol with HGH with TRT). Some steroids can absolutely blow you up like a gorilla and then shrink you back down once you're off, but others simply better your reaction timing or recovery abilities without changing your physical appearance all that much if at all. It also depends greatly on the person. The biggest mistake anyone can make when it comes to PEDs and steroids especially is to look at someone's arm muscles and think it's as simple as that. The best thing the NFL can do is to implement some sort of USADA-like testing but even that's problematic for a billion other reasons (i.e. practicality and/or tainted supplements), but mostly because the players union would never agree to it.

OK juiceman

• Upvote 1

Why does no one talk about how Tom Brady has used them his entire career and uses them to this day?  Every long time Patriot has.  Brady's body has taken a near Barry Bonds transformation.  Heads bigger, chins bigger, bodies bigger....everything!  And it's not because he eats avocado ice cream.

Cheaters going to cheat. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why does no one talk about how Tom Brady has used them his entire career and uses them to this day?  Every long time Patriot has.  Brady's body has taken a near Barry Bonds transformation.  Heads bigger, chins bigger, bodies bigger....everything!  And it's not because he eats avocado ice cream.

Cheaters going to cheat. 

I see you've really studied his body

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, JiF said:

Cheaters going to cheat. 

In 05 there were rumors of him and Balco

And as far as the topic of this thread I saw Devin hester called out Edelman 

Edelman got popped for something. It’s not disclosed so we don’t really know what it was. But I can tell you from experience that you can’t tell if someone is on steroids just by looking at them. Genetics plays a big roll in how a persons body responds to weight training and non-steroidal supplementation. And steroids will stay with a person to some extent if they continue with weight training and supplements. They will get a person to their peak potential faster than someone not taking roids and they will typically  lose some size and strength but not all of it when they get off as long as they maintain their training regimen.

• 4 months later...
On 2/4/2019 at 10:26 AM, Philc1 said:

I know today Edelman is the darling of America but this weasel just served a 4-game suspension for PEDs (which of course Goodell won’t disclose what the PEDs were cough cough steroids)

i mean this is the same fan base that used to obsess over Alex Rodriguez being a roider to the point they sold Arod steroid needle t-shirts at games

The dude is selling a book and everybody seems to be kissing his ass to get him to talk.  But people know who he is. 

Pats nation never talks about it because Brady shared the same trainer and has a faster forty time than he did when he was 22 and there is only one obvious conclusion to be drawn.

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2019 at 5:52 AM, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

image.png.421e9dd3250262d6c8bc8be6f9a47b44.png

what about this guy? poor guys like this played by the rules and never juiced. If only everyone else was like him and was all natural, he maybe would have stood a chance in the NFL.

What a frikkin' nightmare that pick was.

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Pats nation never talks about it because Brady shared the same trainer and has a faster forty time than he did when he was 22 and there is only one obvious conclusion to be drawn.

It's because he eats healthy--plant based, fish and protein shakes, trains religiously, goes to bed by 9:00 o'clock, says his prayers.

Either that or the guy gets the greatest HGH the world has every produced.

Hmmmm, I'm wondering which one.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/4/2019 at 11:10 AM, Smashmouth said:

If you were Belichick what would you do ?

Knowing Edelman was hurting and probably dealing with multiple Injuries due to the nature of playing in the slot does it make sense to heal up with Steroids face the 4 game suspension during a time you might be on the sidelines anyway and be ready for the last 12 games and playoffs ? if the NFL changed to a season long suspension I think you would see much less in the way of PED abuse. A 4 game suspension in the NFL means nothing other than allowing a player to heal up and be ready for the latter half of the season and playoff run.

I don't  agree with this. Part of the suspension  is no pay, no contact with the team. You literally  lose a lot of money and all your friends for a month. 

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  agree with this. Part of the suspension  is no pay, no contact with the team. You literally  lose a lot of money and all your friends for a month. 

Except the Patriots provide their suspended players with home grocery delivery service.

image.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1