Manish Maccagnan says Leo isn't getting traded (merged)

playtowinthegame

40 minutes ago, Pac said:

Leo is grossly undervalued on this board.  People actually believe teams would rather have Henry Anderson..  its lol worthy.

So what do you realistically think a team would trade for Leo?   His value is pretty low considering production and contract situation.  

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David Harris said:

I just wish Leo would take his craft seriously and put in the work to change his body and lose the baby fat.  He's very naturally gifted with size and long arms and he works out and stuff, he's just not maniacal and doesn't care enough IMO. 

I wouldn't trade him just because I think he's an alright player and we need some of those.

I hope Gase is seriously evaluating the Jets Strength and Conditioning Program.

Williams after 3 years is not what he is supposed to be.  Look at the shape Mangold allowed himself to get in.  

It leads to injuries, etc.  

The excuse for Leo from some fans is that there wasn't enough talent around him so that's why he hasn't been as successful as his talent says he should be. So in order to bring out that talent the Jets have to spend millions upon millions of dollars on the D-Line and possibly the 3rd overall pick this year for him to produce a career year just in time for him to demand $15+ a year on a new contract? GTFO here without that nonsense. 

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

So what do you realistically think a team would trade for Leo?   His value is pretty low considering production and contract situation.  

I dont think trading him was ever seriously considered.  It was a rumor started by misguided fans that made it's way onto a couple cimini articles.  

As far as what teams would offer I'm sure you'd have many that would give a 1st. 

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

If Leo is playing well next season the Jets would be smart to offer that extension before he hits free agency.

Why would he accept a mid-season deal?  As protection against injury halfway through the year?  If you want value, you have to extend the player earlier.  Now, we're looking at giving him a huge deal if he plays reasonably well or better, or letting him go.

And no one is trading for this player heading into his contract year, unless they want to give him a contract based on past performance, which, who would do that?

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

yep.  he seems to want to get sacks but hasn't been very successful.  we'll see if a defensive change will get him freer.  it could. and that could rekindle his spirit to play.

For the record, I'd also like to get double digit sacks.  Sadly, I'm also not very successful.

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

I dont think trading him was ever seriously considered.  It was a rumor started by misguided fans that made it's way onto a couple cimini articles.  

As far as what teams would offer I'm sure you'd have many that would give a 1st. 

If many teams would offer a 1st, Jets would be complete fools not to take it.

You could easily replace his production and not have to pay 12M+ per year to do so.

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

They have no plans in trading him because no one wants him.  

I agree totally. Guy has underachieved massively. Not just in the pass rush but as a leader who hustles on EACH AND EVERY play, which he rarely does. In fact, this guy takes OFF more plays than he actually shows effort. Let him play out this season because there is not much else you can do because the 31 other teams all watch film on guys before trading for or signing them and they will see what Jets fans saw...a very lazy guy.

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You could easily replace his production and not have to pay 12M+ per year to do so.

If you watched him play the last two seasons the Jets would be LUCKY to get a fifth rounder for this lazy bum. Talent, he has, production he does not and effort is something he has lost the last two seasons.

26 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The excuse for Leo from some fans is that there wasn't enough talent around him so that's why he hasn't been as successful as his talent says he should be. So in order to bring out that talent the Jets have to spend millions upon millions of dollars on the D-Line and possibly the 3rd overall pick this year for him to produce a career year just in time for him to demand $15+ a year on a new contract? GTFO here without that nonsense. 

Anyone making excuses for Leo is NOT watching him play. Look at Henry Anderson..who has far less natural talent but plays hard unlike Leo who coasts through most plays. The thing is he thinks no one notices because Bowles never took him to task over it.

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Leo can be great or he can be a JAG. It's up to him. He's going to turn 25 this off-season. It would be awesome to see him turn the corner and become a game changer in Greg Williams defense.

Yup I'm anxious to see him in the new D. I'm guessing he'll be playing tackle.

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I like Leo but any team offering a #1 for Leo would be the fools.

18 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

For the record, I'd also like to get double digit sacks.  Sadly, I'm also not very successful.

i guess you want leo dumped.  imo if he doesn't do the job then he should be launched or traded but my feeling is williams is going to create situations that will play to leo's strengths and if he's smart he'll take advantage of new schemes and do well.

24 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Thought you fancied yourself some kind of pseudo intellectual.  Never figured you for a guy who says a guy sucks because he didn't have X number of sacks.

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Leo does not have a problem with his 'spirit'.  He plays hard.  He's no Aaron Donald but he plays hard and he's a good player.  You know that Gregg Williams had a say in not trading him and that bodes well for Leo.

It's likely that Mac will sign a pass rusher (or two) and may draft a guy like Q. Williams which would make Leo very productive.

Leo has been playing out of position.  Let’s see when he is in the right place what happens. 

28 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i guess you want leo dumped.  imo if he doesn't do the job then he should be launched or traded but my feeling is williams is going to create situations that will play to leo's strengths and if he's smart he'll take advantage of new schemes and do well.

I hope so to, but with this happening in his contract year, I'd still be hesitant to give him big money after one productive season.

20 minutes ago, Pac said:

Thought you fancied yourself some kind of pseudo intellectual.  Never figured you for a guy who says a guy sucks because he didn't have X number of sacks.

You don't even know what all the words in your two sentences mean...

I suppose it's also good that you 'never figured me for a guy who says a guy sucks because he didn't have x number of sacks,' because I've never said leo sucks because he didn't have x number of sacks nor have I said leo sucks.

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You don't even know what all the words in your two sentences mean...

I suppose it's also good that you 'never figured me for a guy who says a guy sucks because he didn't have x number of sacks,' because I've never said leo sucks because he didn't have x number of sacks nor have I said leo sucks.

I accept your surrender.

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

Yea. Don't pay too much attention to Williams. Shepard might kill us.

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

Check out Anderson's stats his three years with the Colts. Then look at what he did this year. You think Williams had nothing to do with that. He's no Donald, that doesn't mean he's a jag.

6 minutes ago, genot said:

Check out Anderson's stats his three years with the Colts. Then look at what he did this year. You think Williams had nothing to do with that. He's no Donald, that doesn't mean he's a jag.

I never said he was a "jag", i just said he's not worth $15+ million. You could pay half of that to a FA and get the same production. The only defensive linemen that you pay top of the market money to are the ones who get you 10+ sacks per year, the rest are interchangeable. Mo atleast produced enough to warrant his extension, Williams has not come close to that. If they use the 3rd pick on an interior lineman I'd move Leo for a 2nd or 3rd later in the draft.

And Jerry Hughes was a "jag" in Indy as well till he got to the Bills. Then he turned his career around. The same could be said for Anderson.

Archived