Antonio Brown NOT traded to Buffalo (Rumor)

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

The first thing is that you honestly don't know anything about unions. When you have a union contract the pay is part of the contract. No union would ever let a union member get their pay cut based on performance or anything if there is a contract stipulating their pay. Any pay change would have to be collectively bargained. Their are federal laws that protect that type of behavior from employers. The entire reason unions exist is to provide protection to employees from their employers doing whatever they want.

NFL teams constantly ask players to take pay cuts. Honestly, if you don't know that then what do you know?

Thinks comparison of NFLPA to Steamfitters or Electricians local is reasonable ............really?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What?  I don't know about unions?  I wasn't talking about unions other than to say if my pay is cut too bad on me as a non union employee.  If I'm fired no reason, none, too bad.  And players have unions who will fight for them.  Not that complicated and doesn't prove anything you're trying to say.  Yes unions protect some employees when they need to be.  But then they get a case, Mo W, and fight for his right to make a ton of money from a deal he's not living up to.  Twist it any way you want, that's wrong.  

Ok my bad. I read it as you saying your Union lawyer wouldn't stick up for you in that scenario. That's my bad

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

So if a guy plays bad and didn't live up to his contract it's ok for the teams to get rid of him and basically not pay him half of the contract he signed. So if a guy is out playing his contract why can't he rip up his contract and look for a new one?  

Plus, these teams make way more money off of these players than they actually pay them. Each team was given $255 million last year as part of the revenue sharing. $80 million more than the salary cap for 2018. Then on top of that number is ticket sales and concessions. There is not one person in this world who should feel bad for ownership in the NFL when a player wants to maximize his value before the team releases him and keeps half the money he signed for. The players need to go all in on fully guaranteed contracts next CBA.

Yes, your should be able to cut his pay, but they aren't allowed to.  And yes, players who outperform their contracts ask for their deals to be ripped up and renegotiated.  Happens all the time.  If it's not done those wonderful players threaten to sit out and not play.  Screw the deals they signed.  They want more money and will hold out to get it.  When they underperform you want their original deals enforced, they're binding contracts.  When they overperform you want the contracts ripped up, their contracts to go unenforceable.  But it never happens.  

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Thinks comparison of NFLPA to Steamfitters or Electricians local is reasonable ............really?a

A union is a union. They're both regulated and protected by the same federal laws. Teams in the NFL are bound by the collective bargaining agreement negotiated with the NFLPA the same companies that employ union electricians are. The NFLPA provided the same security and support any local union would.

That being said that wasn't my point. I thought the guy said his union would be ok with his employer cutting his pay based on performance. I now realize that wasn't what he meant. 

Report: Antonio Brown Was Unwilling to Play for Bills If Traded; Options Limited

MIKE CHIARIMARCH 8, 2019

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown reportedly didn't want to be traded to the Buffalo Bills, which resulted in a possible deal between the two sides falling apart.

According to Albert Breer of The MMQB, Brown "was clear" that he didn't want to go to Buffalo. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports also noted that Brown was "unwilling" to join the Bills.

Both Breer and La Canfora added that the Steelers have few options left in trading Brown. Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk added "several" teams are waiting to see if the Steelers asking price of a first-round draft pick will drop. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirmed the reports by Breer and La Canfora, and he also noted that the Bills spoke with Brown's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, before dropping out:

Rapoport reported Thursday night that a deal between the Steelers and Bills involving Brown was close to being completed. Brown threw cold water on the report, though, by commenting "fake news" to an Instagram post about the trade.

By Friday morning, the deal was dead, with Bills general manager Brandon Beane telling ESPN's Adam Schefter the organization was turning its attention toward free agency:

Brown would have filled a major hole on offense for a Bills team in desperate need of a go-to target for Josh Allen. Brown would have fit the bill with seven Pro Bowl nods and four All-Pro first-team selections during his career.

The Bills are coming off a 6-10 season, but they made the playoffs in 2017 and have some promising pieces that could lead to another playoff berth in the near future. Allen leads the way on offense, while 2018 first-round pick Tremaine Edmunds spearheads a productive defense at linebacker.

Brown may have accelerated Buffalo's path back to the playoffs. The 30-year-old has had at least 100 catches for 1,200 yards and eight touchdowns in each of the past six seasons, and he is coming off a 104-catch, 1,297-yard, 15-touchdown season.

Adding Brown would have allowed the Bills to move Zay Jones and Robert Foster into more complementary roles after decent seasons in 2018.

Now, the Bills can go in any number of directions with the No. 9 pick, including wide receiver, offensive tackle, tight end, defensive end or cornerback. Highly touted wideouts such as D.K. Metcalf or A.J. Brown from Ole Miss are likely among the names under consideration.

As for Brown and the Steelers, the potential trade partners may be limited based on the reports by Breer and La Canfora, but Brown rolled the dice on a more attractive situation arising and showed that he has plenty of say in the trade negotiations by reportedly nixing the deal with Buffalo.

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

Swapping firsts for the Jets would be akin to giving the Steelers the 9th pick in the draft. I would trade the late 3rd and a 4th/5th next year.

It is.....but the benefit is we would still would have the same # of draft picks. We don't lose any picks (in a year when we need all we can get) in a swap.

Not saying we should do it. If we did, we might even ask for an add'l late round pick back

4 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Phil.  Do you watch any internet videos "featuring" the escapades of this nut, or read any of his tweets and/or comments?  He can't even lay low in order to facilitate a trade to one of his "desired" destinations.  Tick, tick, tick...…..

Sure can I first watch the thousands of hours of videos of Brown being the nfl’s best WR?

4 hours ago, nico002 said:

we don't have the draft capital to get AB- end of story. The packers not being interested is absolutely asinine IMO. They have two first round picks and 3 years (tops ) of prime rodgers. 

Rodgers can make JAG WRs look good they don’t need Brown

The jets have garbage Wide Receivers and a 21 year old qb who is still learning 

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

Swapping firsts for the Jets would be akin to giving the Steelers the 9th pick in the draft. I would trade the late 3rd and a 4th/5th next year.

The jets can trade for Brown without having to give up the 3rd overall pick.  Steelers just lost all leverage thanks to the Buffalo trade getting aborted

This is a huge opportunity for the jets to get the best WR in the nfl and set up Sam for success

4 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Sounds like it wouldn't even take that much. FAN just said rumor is the cost to Buffalo was swapping #1s this year (Buffalo giving up #9 and Buffalo getting AB & #20)

I actually brought up this type of scenario a few weeks ago

Leo and a future first round pick gets it done.  Brown would be the greatest WR the jets have ever had and elevate Sam Darnold to elite qb status immediately 

Sign Sheldon Richardson-who is better than Leo

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The jets can trade for Brown without having to give up the 3rd overall pick.  Steelers just lost all leverage thanks to the Buffalo trade getting aborted

This is a huge opportunity for the jets to get the best WR in the nfl and set up Sam for success

I would offer a mid round pick this year (late 3rd) and next (4th/5th)

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Hey how many tds did the ass catch last year?

I'm not concerned with last year.  What we and any prospective landing spot should be concerned with is how many he will catch this year, and going forward.  That is the issue.  It's unfolding before your eyes and still you refuse to see.  If that is the case, I don't know what else to tell you.  Stay tuned, the side show is just warming up, I presume…  The clown has his stage, and is more than ready to perform.  Enjoy.

BTW, he's going to want to revisit his contract and get more money, he's already said that.  Remember "time to get paid".  That you can take to the bank.

Just now, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I'm not concerned with last year.  What we and any prospective landing spot should be concerned with is how many he will catch this year, and going forward.  That is the issue.  It's unfolding before your eyes and still you refuse to see.  If that is the case, I don't know what else to tell you.  Stay tuned, the side show is just warming up, I presume…  The clown has his stage, and is more than ready to perform.  Enjoy.

The “clown” Antonio Brown is the best WR in the nfl and has another 3-4 years left at an elite level 

I don’t care if you saw a YouTube video I’m tired of watching the jets parade out garbage wide receivers and this current group of wide receivers we have are not even league average as a whole

Just now, joewilly12 said:

MM has to be at least kicking the tires on AB for what it's worth he can turn into an overnight better GM in the NFL if he could steal AB from the Steelers and sign Bell in free agency along with Barr, Paradis and other OL help. 

Trade for Brown then yes by all means sign Leveon

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Do you realize what AB and LB do for this offense let alone the entire team if you acquire 2 of the top offensive players in the NFL. 

You go from basement dweller to wining the AFC East. 

You don’t think Donte Moncreif makes us the favorite to win the super bowl?

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Leo and a future first round pick gets it done.  Brown would be the greatest WR the jets have ever had and elevate Sam Darnold to elite qb status immediately 

Sign Sheldon Richardson-who is better than Leo

Why would you give up 2 assets (Leo & a pick) when, if the speculation is true about the Bills offer, you wouldn't need to give up anything but draft positioning (via swap)?

3 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Why would you give up 2 assets (Leo & a pick) when, if the speculation is true about the Bills offer, you wouldn't need to give up anything but draft positioning (via swap)?

I want to keep the 3 pick AND get AB

Leo is absolutely replaceable.  Jets can sign Sheldon Richardson or Bennie Logan or who knows maybe they draft Quinnen Williams and then resign Henry Anderson 

I don’t like the value in this draft in the 10-30 range

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

Exactly my thought process. 

You swap #3 for  AB #20 and the Steelers also give you a 2nd round pick # 52 

GET IT DONE MACC 

Absolutely cannot give up the 3rd pick, even in a swap, for AB.  If we can trade a player or a third round pick (or worse), worth considering.  The third pick allows us to get a stud, under a rookie contract, for at least five years.  We may not be picking that high again for a very long time (forgive me, I'm an optimist).

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly my thought process. 

You swap #3 for  AB #20 and the Steelers also give you a 2nd round pick # 52 

GET IT DONE MACC 

I like your thinking but I doubt we could get a pick that high back in that scenario.

That would mean the Jets get AB, the #20 pick and the #52 pick for #3. That would put ABs value at a mid-1st rounder.

Hmmmm....maybe you're right

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I want to keep the 3 pick AND get AB

Leo is absolutely replaceable.  Jets can sign Sheldon Richardson or Bennie Logan or who knows maybe they draft Quinnen Williams and then resign Henry Anderson 

I don’t like the value in this draft in the 10-30 range

Ok. I don't necessarily agree, but get your point. I just don't think this team is in a position to surrender draft picks in the next 2 years if they don't need to.  Future (assume 2020) 1st round picks, and a young player, for an over 30 WR to me is not worth it.

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Antonio Brown wants to be the highest-paid receiver in the league.

According to Breer, the deal with the Bills dissolved in part because of Brown's contract demands, and the same thing happened with another potential suitor earlier in the week. Brown recently said he is "going to play by [his] rules," and those rules seem to include a raise on the little over $12 million per year he is scheduled to make the next three seasons. Unless he is willing to walk back those contract demands, the Steelers will have a tough time moving him despite his immense talent.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Antonio Brown wants to be the highest-paid receiver in the league.

According to Breer, the deal with the Bills dissolved in part because of Brown's contract demands, and the same thing happened with another potential suitor earlier in the week. Brown recently said he is "going to play by [his] rules," and those rules seem to include a raise on the little over $12 million per year he is scheduled to make the next three seasons. Unless he is willing to walk back those contract demands, the Steelers will have a tough time moving him despite his immense talent.

If I'm Pittsburgh and he's making it impossible to trade him, I just don't. Have fun sitting at home for the next 3 years.

The onus is on Antonio Brown.  At least the Bills tried.  Push.

I don’t know about that man. The bills tried and gave the required capital (whatever it was) to the Steelers to send AB to an AFC team. Then the player they had all but traded for refused to play for them. Threatening to retire first.
That’s not a good look. Especially for a team who is trying to build around their new young QB in FA. If AB won’t go there with a young 1st rd QB, it may give plenty of others pause as well. It also can’t feel good for the players already there.

Plus it’s just downright embarrassing. At least Cousins just chose another team in FA. That happens all the time. He didn’t refuse to play for us after we traded for him while under contract.

This isn’t a good day for the Jills.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

38 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I don’t know about that man. The bills tried and gave the required capital (whatever it was) to the Steelers to send AB to an AFC team. Then the player they had all but traded for refused to play for them. Threatening to retire first.
That’s not a good look. Especially for a team who is trying to build around their new young QB in FA. If AB won’t go there with a young 1st rd QB, it may give plenty of others pause as well. It also can’t feel good for the players already there.

Plus it’s just downright embarrassing. At least Cousins just chose another team in FA. That happens all the time. He didn’t refuse to play for us after we traded for him while under contract.

This isn’t a good day for the Jills.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Buffalo is NFL Siberia 

Archived