The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Team archer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Below is the comprehensive list of players in NFL history to average more scrimmage YPG than Le’Veon Bell (129.0) in their first 5 seasons (Min. 50 games):

I've seen this stat.  It's very carefully framed to put Bell at the top.  But here's a guy.

Averaged 122.0 YPG from scrimmage over his first 5 years.  Scored 80 TDs compared to 42 for Bell in his first 5 years.  In his 6th year, while Bell was couch-surfing, he put up over 2,300 all purpose yards to raise his career average YPG to 125.8 and put up another 31 TDs to average 18.5 per season for his first 6 seasons.  

Or, how about another guy who switched teams  after his 5th season and averaged 131 YPG in his next 5 seasons with his new team including averaging about 700 yards per season receiving over that span while also scoring 80 total TDs.

Bell is great.  One of the best receiving RBs ever.  But he's not unique.  Player #1 was a much more productive all-around back in his first five years and Player #2 WAS the best receiving RB of all time during that 2nd five year stretch.

Now if Bell turns out to have a few years like Player #2 above did in his second contract, then I would be giddy.  And I think he can come close, if he keeps the fire in the belly burning.

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

If leveon bell were my balls then crowell would be my taint and McGuire would be the tiny piece of sh*t stained toilet paper caught in my a**hole hair 

Hope that helps

Congrats your taint holds the Jets single game rushing record..:cheers:

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

In Principle, I'm against paying a RB THAT MUCH in FA, but Jets MUST take advantage of Darnold's rookie contract and surround the QB w/weapons. The Jets are better and I'm happier for it and we DID get a better deal than MOST anticipated, but it still stings to pay a RB $14M/year and a MLB $17M/Year. :mellow:

Put another way, in a league that is supposed to be all about the pass, the Jets are spending $31mm next year on a RB and MLB.  

But I am actually ok with it given the considerations discussed here.  Mac has 3 years to get his act together.  In that time, the Jets should be spending money or high draft picks on QB, WR1, LT, C, EDGE, CB and S.  I would say ILB, but unfortunately that money will go to S.  

35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I've seen this stat.  It's very carefully framed to put Bell at the top.  But here's a guy.

Averaged 122.0 YPG from scrimmage over his first 5 years.  Scored 80 TDs compared to 42 for Bell in his first 5 years.  In his 6th year, while Bell was couch-surfing, he put up over 2,300 all purpose yards to raise his career average YPG to 125.8 and put up another 31 TDs to average 18.5 per season for his first 6 seasons.  

Or, how about another guy who switched teams  after his 5th season and averaged 131 YPG in his next 5 seasons with his new team including averaging about 700 yards per season receiving over that span while also scoring 80 total TDs.

Bell is great.  One of the best receiving RBs ever.  But he's not unique.  Player #1 was a much more productive all-around back in his first five years and Player #2 WAS the best receiving RB of all time during that 2nd five year stretch.

Now if Bell turns out to have a few years like Player #2 above did in his second contract, then I would be giddy.  And I think he can come close, if he keeps the fire in the belly burning.

I dont feel like looking it up. Is it Tomlinson and faulk?

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Please can somebody explain knocking getting the top offensive playmaker on the market at a lower value than what he wanted and what people expected him to get?

Sure.  Dumbasses who are so committed to the narrative they want to support that they'll spin anything in any way to do it rather than change position, even when the facts are completely against them.  The internet is chock full of them.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

TD's may be the most useless stat for a RB ever. 

Wanted to add: look at Bell's catch percentage. Superb. Better than Faulk, better than Gurley. And in his last three full seasons he averaged nearly 2000 yards from scrimmage. Guy is a beast. 

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

He was the best in the league prior to sitting out last year.

Elite runner both inside and out, elite receiver out of the backfield, and one of the best in pass pro.

He has some of the best patience and field vision that I’ve ever seen at the position. He’s a true all-around, workhorse back. A rarity in today’s NFL.

We’ll see where he’s at now. My guess is he hasn’t fallen off at all and still has at least another 2 elite level seasons left in him.

+1

Also his footwork, strength and balance is unique too.

Bell is also a warrior. Plays with heart and emotion that's not likely to be absent when he takes the field.  He wants a positive legacy and a HOF bust when he's done.  Oh...how about a ring to boot.  

What his actual stats will be like post sitting out compared to before is not as important to me as is his impact on Jets offense and positive contribution to Darnold's development. 

I'm excited...cause I believe Bell is still going to be very good.

Visions of Bell and Darnold sharing Messier accolades...may seem foolish...but I can't help it!

5 hours ago, Skeptable said:

The Paradis thing is being misreported as you are quoting here and has since been corrected... The Jets were the first to the table with an offer when he first came to NY and basically told his agent that he wants to go to the country and not a big city. So they used the Jets to get better offers but that is why the Jets pulled their offer... He didn't want to come... Hence the tweet from Gary it takes 2 to Tango... 

I appreciate the clarification. I was 100% wrong it seems.   I had interpreted the "it takes two to tango" Vaynerchuk quote as meaning it was the Jets who refused to dance.  It never dawned on me that he was referring to his own client (Paradis) that refused to dance.   

Sorry guys. 

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I appreciate the clarification. I was 100% wrong it seems.   I had interpreted the "it takes two to tango" Vaynerchuk quote as meaning it was the Jets who refused to dance.  It never dawned on me that he was referring to his own client (Paradis) that refused to dance.   

Sorry guys. 

Oh wow. **** why couldnt we get Morse 

Archived