Le'Veon Bell signs with Jets

FO-Ti

2 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Sitton should be cheap, older interior OL coming off a big injury. Agree on the premise though, Bell deal keeps getting better.

Agreed. Just saying we can afford to pay him a little more than they would pay a JAG to fill out the Oline depth chart. Injuries/poor play. Can't hurt to have a guy like Sitton on your roster. Teams in cap hell can't afford those types of moves. 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

If we get 2 highly productive years from Bell and 1 above average year, I'll be happy.

I was one who was concerned about the "wear and tear" on him. I looked at APs career workload and trajectory and hope Bell can do the same for as long

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/12700/adrian-peterson

I wouldn't be surprised if Bell plays at a high level into his 30s.  He's a smart RB, vs one that only relies on pure athletic talent.  Not to mention his receiving skills.

15 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Great article on how the contract is broken down and what a good job Macc and Company did on this one.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/03/leveon-bells-contract-details-did-jets-get-a-good-deal-3-takeaways.html

The contract is even better then what was first announced... Mac did a hell of a job here... You gotta sometimes give credit where credit is due...

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Any official word from the jets? 

Press conference? 

Nope. Nothing on the trade either. Probably waiting for the guys to be in the building, to take photos and all that nonsense. Then dump it all once on social media. 

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Any official word from the jets? 

Press conference? 

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Nope. Nothing on the trade either. Probably waiting for the guys to be in the building, to take photos and all that nonsense. Then dump it all once on social media. 

Since all the details of Bell's contract were leaked you can assume that this was finalized... Mosley is at the Jet Facility now, shown in pictures.... Raiders already announced the trade so they must be waiting to do 1 large press release.

Archived