Raiders Release Jordy Nelson

Skeptable

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup...great hands and good body position - age affects those types of players a little differently than pure speed guys.

Plus - he's been in and won plenty of playoff games - How many players on the Jets have even been to the playoffs?  We could use guys that know how to win.

also, big, 6'3"

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

He'll be 34 when the season starts. And he will be an old 34 year old. I would take Enunwa, Robby and Crowder over Nelson at this point in his career. 

I swear, I looked it up and it said he was 31 - would be 32 at the start of the season.  You're def. right though....

Does make a lot more sense for the dislike of him around here - but his numbers are still good. 

Would be a solid redzone target.  And he's won an awful lot of games.

1 hour ago, Jetstream said:

Francessa was talking about the Jets needing a some veteran presence... this could be it and a good voice for Sam to have in the room.  I think he's worth a look... 

Crowder, Bell, Mosley, Anderson, all veteran voices.............we have a number of veterans, who are not old, though

Absolutely yes. He’s crafty, professional, has a nice big frame with large catch radius, runs solid routes (gets to where the QB expects him to be, which is big for a guy like Sam who throws with great anticipation), and won’t cost anything.

He’s lost his top-end speed, but he’ll still make tough catches for short/medium yards in clutch situations. And again, he won’t cost anything. 

Ultimately, while acting as a stop-gap for a year or two while we draft and/or develop some more guys, he’ll be a net positive to Sam’s development - which is really the only thing that matters right now. That’s how we should be deciding whether it’s worth it to bring anyone in.  And again, he won’t cost anything. 

This is the guy to sign to play outside with Robby.

Only real Vet in the group -and comes with winning experience. It’s not like we’re an old team or an old WR core. .He would be the only one - and that’s a good thing.

Robby, Jordy, Herndon, Crowder, Q with Bell out of the backfield.

That would be a formidable unit.

But you need that vet type in the group.

Gives you another year to find your #1.

Go get him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

Archived