Raiders Release Jordy Nelson

Skeptable

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Def. go after him if you can get him cheap.  Jets are very young at reciever, good to have a vet in the group.

for this reason alone you try and get him on the cheap. He may not be an every down starter but I'm sure he can add a lot to the receiver room. Im also sure if used properly he could make some clutch catches since he did that regularly in Green Bay . It all comes down to... do you want a scrub at wr 4 or 5 or someone who could contribute when the starters need a break ? tough call because it could hurt our Special teams since he will not contribute at all on that unit.

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

for this reason alone you try and get him on the cheap. He may not be an every down starter but I'm sure he can add a lot to the receiver room. Im also sure if used properly he could make some clutch catches since he did that regularly in Green Bay . It all comes down to... do you want a scrub at wr 4 or 5 or someone who could contribute when the starters need a break ? tough call because it could hurt our Special teams since he will not contribute at all on that unit.

He's better than a 4 or 5.  

I think you guys are all way underestimating him because he was on Oakland's mess last year.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's better than a 4 or 5.  

I think you guys are all way underestimating him because he was on Oakland's mess last year.

agree, he’s not going to give you 100 catches or a ton of yards but on a big 3rd down he’s a good option 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's more of a WR#4ish at this stage of his career. 

He is a good route runner and could at least help the younger wrs... Whether you consider him a starter or not is not the problem... They need someone opposite Anderson 

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

he is more like a "5"

Regardless of what you think he can run routes opposite of Anderson while the wait for whatever draft pick they draft one at to mature into a wr 1... There isn't a #1on the market

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

On the cheap, hell yeah.

A nice WR 4 who can play on the outside and move the chains. Quincy played in like 4 games last year. If he or Robby goes down we have next to nothing 

He was still very productive last year. Not sure a lot of realize that he's still very good.

To be clear he had 13 more receptions than Robby last year (50 v 63) and 13 less yards (752 v 739)

I would say he had a better year than Robby and most people here or not even considering him.  He's still a VERY good receiver.  Would be a huge lift for Sam and this offense.

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He was still very productive last year. Not sure a lot of realize that he's still very good.

To be clear he had 13 more receptions than Robby last year (50 v 63) and 13 less yards (752 v 739)

I would say he had a better year than Robby last year and most people here or not even considering him.  He's still a VERY good receiver.  Would be a huge lift for Sam and this offense.

what i remember of him with GB was makig a TON of 50-50 balls be catches. at least investigate. knows how to back shoulder.

Just now, Losmeister said:

what i remember of him with GB was makig a TON of 50-50 balls be catches. at least investigate. knows how to back shoulder.

Yup...great hands and good body position - age affects those types of players a little differently than pure speed guys.

Plus - he's been in and won plenty of playoff games - How many players on the Jets have even been to the playoffs?  We could use guys that know how to win.

Archived