Teams Sniffing For #3 Already

KRL

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DMan77 said:

Seriously... I had to go back and reread it... They mention that the Redskins pick next year "will probably be near the top next year"... But we already have one near the top right now! 

It'd be great to have a top pick next year, you potentially hold the keys to Trevor Lawrence, which is good on two levels.  You get a massive haul of picks, and you dictate who (or more importantly, who doesn't) get him.

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

It'd be great to have a top pick next year, you potentially hold the keys to Trevor Lawrence, which is good on two levels.  You get a massive haul of picks, and you dictate who (or more importantly, who doesn't) get him.

Trevor Lawrence can’t come out till 2021 draft.  

On 3/26/2019 at 4:28 PM, Paradis said:

Dude. 

We’re on the same team. 

We’re not drafting another 3 technique tackle to play end and rotate with Leo and Henry.  Not happening. That’s the definition of not moving the needle 

and he’s not the best D player in the draft. The best D player doesn’t no show in the championship game. 

I keep seeing this pop up.  I watched the clips of QW, every play, in the game vs. Clemson.  He did make a couple of tackles for losses.  He did cause some pressure.  It wasn't his best effort, clearly.  But the "no-show" label is just too harsh imo.  Clemson double-teamed him constantly.  He still managed to split it sometimes.  Other plays he, admittedly, was completely blocked.  Clemson ran well timed screens.  Their gameplan was really, really good.   Not just against QW.  

Lionel Messi was a no-show in the 2014 World Cup Final against Germany.  He is one of the two best players in the world.   Sometimes just give the other team credit.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:28 PM, Paradis said:

Dude. 

We’re on the same team. 

We’re not drafting another 3 technique tackle to play end and rotate with Leo and Henry.  Not happening. That’s the definition of not moving the needle 

and he’s not the best D player in the draft. The best D player doesn’t no show in the championship game. 

He's the best D player in this draft. Whether he fits the current scheme is another matter. 

11 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

He's the best D player in this draft. Whether he fits the current scheme is another matter. 

no more than Suh was in his respective year. I think he's what, 30 now and playing for his 4th team? 

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

So if he's another Aaron Donald you'd pass him by?

Happily.  Rotating him with 2 other DEs does nothing for us. Also, he's not Donald. 

Rule i like to live by -- don't use outliers as any kind of comp or measuring stick of performance. No one should ever compare a WR to Calvin Johnson, and no one should ever compare a DT to Donald who's easily the best interior linemen in 20+ years. That's recipe for disaster. 

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Really?  Oops.

Still, there are 3 legit top 10 (as of today - Fromm and Tua will likely be top 3 and Herbert we will see) QBs in the 2020 draft 2 of which would grade above Murray and everyone else in this draft.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Happily.  Rotating him with 2 other DEs does nothing for us. Also, he's not Donald. 

Rule i like to live by -- don't use outliers as any kind of comp or measuring stick of performance. No one should ever compare a WR to Calvin Johnson, and no one should ever compare a DT to Donald who's easily the best interior linemen in 20+ years. That's recipe for disaster. 

My point was to bring out whether you're opposed to Williams in particular, or any DT regardless of how talented. I agree that there's no way to predict whether a college prospect will blossom into a Donald level superstar. But I still hold the Q. Williams has the talent to potentially do that. Whether he actually will is yet to be seen. I certainly would agree that the Jets would benefit more from an edge rusher, but I have some doubts about both Bosa and Allen. That's where I'm having difficulty. Q. Williams, I don't doubt in the same way. I would actually be happier if the Jets were able to trade down and pick up an edge like Burns and get the #2 pick back. Specifically for the Jets, that would work out better. But if they do take Williams, I can't blame them. He's that good.

56 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Still, there are 3 legit top 10 (as of today - Fromm and Tua will likely be top 3 and Herbert we will see) QBs in the 2020 draft 2 of which would grade above Murray and everyone else in this draft.

Wrong. Murray is Tua with better mobility, better arm, better durability. He would rank above any QB in next years draft. Tua/Fromm are Haskins level prospects. 

Archived