Teams Sniffing For #3 Already

KRL

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Put it this way......If you bought your wife a new car 3 years in a row, and she wrecked each one of them, would you buy her a new one this year? Not me.

Except there is no negative outcome for not buying her a car. There is a negative outcome here if the price is high enough

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GaryM said:

The history shouldn't impact the decision, I am only saying that IMHO Bosa is a player that will have more of a positive impact on this team than any one or two players taken later in the draft.

Okay that's different. 

I'm saying that people who are saying "Dont do the trade because Maccagnan will **** up the picks" are being kind of dumb

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

Nope. 

We will not suddenly shift to a full time 4-3 and he will not play NT in an NFL 3-4. 

So no consistent up the middle Jenkins/Ngata impact. A rotational DE. 

Fck. No. 

He won't be a rotational DE any more than Leo. There are a variety of hybrid 3-4 schemes as well as flex 4-3 that will be used. Teams rarely these days use only one base scheme all the time. I get the frustration with drafting DT's and DE's, but honestly Q. Williams is the best defensive prospect from this draft. So it's going to be interesting.

20 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It will be a great problem to have if we're trying to decide between a boat load of draft picks and Nick Bosa.

They seem mutually exclusive to me.  If we are being offered a boatload of draft picks, it's because another team is trying to trade up for Haskins; if Nick Bosa is available at 3 it is because the 49ers have traded their pick to another team that wants Haskins.

32 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

He won't be a rotational DE any more than Leo. There are a variety of hybrid 3-4 schemes as well as flex 4-3 that will be used. Teams rarely these days use only one base scheme all the time. I get the frustration with drafting DT's and DE's, but honestly Q. Williams is the best defensive prospect from this draft. So it's going to be interesting.

Dude. 

We’re on the same team. 

We’re not drafting another 3 technique tackle to play end and rotate with Leo and Henry.  Not happening. That’s the definition of not moving the needle 

and he’s not the best D player in the draft. The best D player doesn’t no show in the championship game. 

1 hour ago, KRL said:

This draft is VERY deep in front 7 defensive talent and OLine, additional picks may be the

way to go

Again, we talk about Bosa being a CAN'T miss, yet he has been hurt a lot in college, and there has been talk he is all about money.

Is Josh Allen REALLY that good that drafting him would be better than, say, moving a little ways down and getting Montez Sweat, picking up a second rounder to get us a starting center, and possibly more picks in 2020? 

I am not sure about this one.

20 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Macc is definitely gonna turn down a good offer to pick one of these dlineman. Just know it. 

“We had a couple really good offers but with the way the board fell, we we’re excited to add a player like Q. Williams”

I'll feel less annoyed since an O-HC is signing off on it if it happens. I'd be ok if he's a no miss, consistent impact, monster as opposed to occupying blockers. I'd prefer to trade back otherwise though.

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Some facts:

1 - the Jets need offensive weapons for Darnold and need to upgrade OL and WR. 

2 - this draft is filled with blue chip edge rushers in the top 10.

Some Mac facts:

1 - He will toss all logic out the window about the offense, won't trade down, and will draft an interior DL at #3.

_______

Sounds about right.

Hey wait a second. That's not some macc facts. The sound like Macc opinions to me man.  Tried to pull a fast one right there now didntcha?  

Hey wait a second. That's not some macc facts. The sound like Macc opinions to me man.  Tried to pull a fast one right there now didntcha?  

We can revisit this when Q. Williams is the pick and after the draft, Mac goes into his BPA soliloquy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Some facts:

1 - the Jets need offensive weapons for Darnold and need to upgrade OL and WR. 

2 - this draft is filled with blue chip edge rushers in the top 10.

Some Mac facts:

1 - He will toss all logic out the window about the offense, won't trade down, and will draft an interior DL at #3.

_______

Sounds about right.

It's conflicting, right? The first priority of any high pick should be to draft a guy that's worth the slot regardless of position. On the other hand, if we just sat through yet another season of 6 wins or less (their 5th in 7 years) to draft yet another DL in the first round (their 5th in 9 years)...I mean come on already. It's hard to stomach.

30 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

We can revisit this when Q. Williams is the pick and after the draft, Mac goes into his BPA soliloquy.

lol. Indeed we will man.   I have hope. It was all over Sirus NFL radio 2 min drills today that the Jets are open for business. That says Macc is serious. 

lol. Indeed we will man.   I have hope. It was all over Sirus NFL radio 2 min drills today that the Jets are open for business. That says Macc is serious. 

I hope so. Pick an edge rusher or trade down. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Dude. 

We’re on the same team. 

We’re not drafting another 3 technique tackle to play end and rotate with Leo and Henry.  Not happening. That’s the definition of not moving the needle 

and he’s not the best D player in the draft. The best D player doesn’t no show in the championship game. 

Does the best D player in the NFL no-show in the Superbowl?

7 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

I hope so. Pick an edge rusher or trade down. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Macc can do both. Trade down, get xtra picks for the OL (Center, tackle) and draft Montez Sweat. This pick can go a long way in making this a much better balanced team.

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Macc can do both. Trade down, get xtra picks for the OL (Center, tackle) and draft Montez Sweat. This pick can go a long way in making this a much better balanced team.

I would stand and applaud if this happened. 

17 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

They seem mutually exclusive to me.  If we are being offered a boatload of draft picks, it's because another team is trying to trade up for Haskins; if Nick Bosa is available at 3 it is because the 49ers have traded their pick to another team that wants Haskins.

It's like nobody watches the draft year after year. It's mind boggling. How do you know the Niners value Bosa over QW? Just like it was a failure for Mike Mac to not trade up to one last year because Darnold was going to be picked at one. Remember when Ryan Leaf was taken ahead of Peyton Manning?

On 3/26/2019 at 8:17 AM, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Gregg Williams will flex his defensive front to accommodate a player like Q Williams. He will be inside the tackles, which is his strength. He played nose a good deal at Alabama. He's Sheldon Richardson on super-steroids. Hand movements are phenomenally gifted, great balance, and tremendous first step. He'll be a superstar for somebody. He and Leo will be really tough to hold down as a duo. Even in the 3-4, players like him will be disruptive of OL coordination, not just holding up OL's for the LB's to penetrate. 

Not saying it isn't so, but I've heard this story year after year.

The latest CBS mock draft has the Jets trading with the Redskins... They get the 15th pick, a 5th rounder (#173), and a 1st next year...

If that's the going rate for the 3 pick in the draft, then that's a hard pass from me...

3 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

The latest CBS mock draft has the Jets trading with the Redskins... They get the 15th pick, a 5th rounder (#173), and a 1st next year...

If that's the going rate for the 3 pick in the draft, then that's a hard pass from me...

Was coming here to say the same exact thing.  That trade is no where near where it needs to be. 

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Was coming here to say the same exact thing.  That trade is no where near where it needs to be. 

Seriously... I had to go back and reread it... They mention that the Redskins pick next year "will probably be near the top next year"... But we already have one near the top right now! 

9 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Sweat would be a mistake... You don't draft players with heart problems that high in the draft... Oliver would be a better choice.

22 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Sweat would be a mistake... You don't draft players with heart problems that high in the draft... Oliver would be a better choice.

HIs status is still be determined so prejudice prior to investigation is conjecture at this point.  If he gets a clean bill of health, he would be a good choice if we trade back.  But I get your concern.  It's all contingent on his health examination.  

18 hours ago, Paradis said:

Dude. 

We’re on the same team. 

Won’t or shouldn’t? I honestly don’t have confidence that they know what they are doing when the decision making gets unclear.

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

I am not opposed to trading for slightly less than max value in a trade down but I agree that is too cheap.  We would have to be very confident that wash was going to suck badly next year.

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

HIs status is still be determined so prejudice prior to investigation is conjecture at this point.  If he gets a clean bill of health, he would be a good choice if we trade back.  But I get your concern.  It's all contingent on his health examination.  

It’s true. I speak in absolutes but I should know better. When has common sense reared its head in the front office as of late 

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

dont trade the pick mac is terrible at drafting the worse the pick gets the worse his picks are-forget about second round picks as that is where he fails the most

All Mac has to do is nothing just sit there and let Allen fall to you 

If he screws this up OMFG

3 hours ago, rldev said:

It's like nobody watches the draft year after year. It's mind boggling. How do you know the Niners value Bosa over QW? Just like it was a failure for Mike Mac to not trade up to one last year because Darnold was going to be picked at one. Remember when Ryan Leaf was taken ahead of Peyton Manning?

No I dont.  Manning was taken first.

Archived