Teams Sniffing For #3 Already

KRL

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Paradis said:

Up the middle hey? What position is gonna be playing in our Defense. 

Gregg Williams will flex his defensive front to accommodate a player like Q Williams. He will be inside the tackles, which is his strength. He played nose a good deal at Alabama. He's Sheldon Richardson on super-steroids. Hand movements are phenomenally gifted, great balance, and tremendous first step. He'll be a superstar for somebody. He and Leo will be really tough to hold down as a duo. Even in the 3-4, players like him will be disruptive of OL coordination, not just holding up OL's for the LB's to penetrate. 

10 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Why would skins trade to raiders....makes no sense to me

Why not?  I don't get it. The drop off in draft value from 3 to 4 is significant. 400 pts.  That's like 25 6th rd picks. lol 

Mac knows he is on the hot seat this year and, like the rest of us, he knows he cant draft for sh*t unless he has a top pick where a top, safe prospect falls in his lap. He doesnt have the balls to move down. With every additional spot he moves away from first overall the chances of him picking a bust double. 

16 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Mac knows he is on the hot seat this year and, like the rest of us, he knows he cant draft for sh*t unless he has a top pick where a top, safe prospect falls in his lap. He doesnt have the balls to move down. With every additional spot he moves away from first overall the chances of him picking a bust double. 

Which is why you don’t keep a GM that’s making desperate decisions to save his *ss. I don’t believe this is the case though and Johnson is meddling so he won’t let Mac do something stupid. As much as I dislike Johnson for keeping Mac, I think he’s at least going to keep Mac from making stupid moves.

Actually, Gase will be the one who has the most say. Johnson and Mac aren’t leaders and I believe that Gase will be very vocal and try to tale charge early on as he should. This is his te and no one else’s.

34 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Which is why you don’t keep a GM that’s making desperate decisions to save his *ss. I don’t believe this is the case though and Johnson is meddling so he won’t let Mac do something stupid. As much as I dislike Johnson for keeping Mac, I think he’s at least going to keep Mac from making stupid moves.

Actually, Gase will be the one who has the most say. Johnson and Mac aren’t leaders and I believe that Gase will be very vocal and try to tale charge early on as he should. This is his te and no one else’s.

From your keyboard to gods ears, my friend. 

So let's ask this. What offer would be good enough for you to move down?

Let's say the board goes as thought to be Murray and Bosa.....

If i have to move down in the top ten, I would at least want a #2 this year and a #2 next year

If I have to move out of the top ten, I would at least want a #2 this year and a #1 next year

46 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I don't disagree with this. 

Did you watch the vid about Macc deciding the take Darnold when he slid to 3?  He asked Bowles. "I'm gonna pick Darnold. Are you ok with this?"

It could just be some sort of lip service, but I don't think so. I think it was a brief window into the arse backwards reporting structure we had/have in place. A true leader, and confident GM in their role as the decider would have just said We're getting Darnold. But there was a weird little check in which could somehow have caused an issue. It was weird in that room.

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

until gregg williams plunges a knife in his back, et tu brute style

when's the bye week this season? 

Narrator: But they stood pat and drafted the defensive tackle anyway 

Maccagnan: We just felt that the value there was too good to pass up <skin from head falls off to reveal that’s he’s actually a traffic cone wearing a poor-fitting man suit>

3 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Gregg Williams will flex his defensive front to accommodate a player like Q Williams. He will be inside the tackles, which is his strength. He played nose a good deal at Alabama. He's Sheldon Richardson on super-steroids. Hand movements are phenomenally gifted, great balance, and tremendous first step. He'll be a superstar for somebody. He and Leo will be really tough to hold down as a duo. Even in the 3-4, players like him will be disruptive of OL coordination, not just holding up OL's for the LB's to penetrate. 

Nope. 

We will not suddenly shift to a full time 4-3 and he will not play NT in an NFL 3-4. 

So no consistent up the middle Jenkins/Ngata impact. A rotational DE. 

Fck. No. 

15 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I have no problem with Q. Williams as the pick if they can't trade down. Against Brady, pressure up the middle is more important than the edge. 

exactly.  It is like a sudden dam break.  QB has no time.

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

From talking to #Redskins coach Jay Gruden, the Skins are going to take a hard look at the top QBs. They’ll bring them in for visits and consider taking the right one at 15. That adds an intriguing dynamic.

Murry and Haskins in all likelihood will be long gone. The question is will Lock and/or Jones be there at #15.

Giants, Broncos, Bengals and Dolphins may all be itching for a QB.

Can Giants wait another year? I don't think so. 

Broncos: Flacco can be cut w/o cost. $18.5 & $20.5 next 2 years.

Bengals: Dalton can be cut w/o cost. $16.2 & $17.7 next 2 years

Dolphins: Fitz can be cut w/ minimal cost. They need a QB bad!

Redskins will have to move up unless they are comfortable with Grier or Jackson as their QB of the future.

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Murry and Haskins in all likelihood will be long gone. The question is will Lock and/or Jones be there at #15.

Giants, Broncos, Bengals and Dolphins may all be itching for a QB.

Can Giants wait another year? I don't think so. 

Broncos: Flacco can be cut w/o cost. $18.5 & $20.5 next 2 years.

Bengals: Dalton can be cut w/o cost. $16.2 & $17.7 next 2 years

Dolphins: Fitz can be cut w/ minimal cost. They need a QB bad!

Redskins will have to move up unless they are comfortable with Grier or Jackson as their QB of the future.

And knowing Snyder he's going to want to make a "splash" and find his next RG3

Some facts:

1 - the Jets need offensive weapons for Darnold and need to upgrade OL and WR. 

2 - this draft is filled with blue chip edge rushers in the top 10.

Some Mac facts:

1 - He will toss all logic out the window about the offense, won't trade down, and will draft an interior DL at #3.

_______

Sounds about right.

20 minutes ago, KRL said:

This is a minus for the skins trading up.  The RG3 thing blew up in his face thus less likelyhood they will sell the farm to trade up.

18 minutes ago, KRL said:

Is Gruden's offense constructed only for a Spread QB? In your estimation, Would Grier or Jackson be a good fit to run his offense?

Or will he need more of a pocket QB?

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Is Gruden's offense constructed only for a Spread QB? In your estimation, Would Grier or Jackson be a good fit to run his offense?

Or will he need more of a pocket QB?

If you look at the QB's under Gruden you would think a traditional QB is up his alley.

If you remember Gruden moved away from RG3 and went to Cousins

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Narrator: But they stood pat and drafted the defensive tackle anyway 

Maccagnan: We just felt that the value there was too good to pass up <skin from head falls off to reveal that’s he’s actually a traffic cone wearing a poor-fitting man suit>

You ARE out there Tom.

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If qbs go one and 2, i dont think anyone would trade up for bosa.  What a headache that will be in 4 years having to give him a second contract.  Hell, it will prob be tough just to get him in camp year one.

If u thought revis’s team was bad, this guy circle will make that look easy.  This dude is about money, money, money.  

Aren't they all about the money? Bosa IMHO is going to be a monster for us. Pressuring the QB without blitzing is how you win games in the NFL.

11 minutes ago, KRL said:

If you look at the QB's under Gruden you would think a traditional QB is up his alley.

If you remember Gruden moved away from RG3 and went to Cousins

Then Grier and Jackson don't fit his model. They are RPO system QB.

Will Snyder give him another year to turn this around? I don't think so.

They need to trade up and grab Haskins IMO.

1 minute ago, Freemanm said:

I'm not that into college football. What's the talen drop off if we move from #3 to, say, #15?

This draft is VERY deep in front 7 defensive talent and OLine, additional picks may be the

way to go

16 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Don’t forget to add this yrs 2019 2nd rounder too...

this is team needs much more than one edge rusher at this point (especially someone like Bosa with an injury history) IMO, and trading down for extra picks would make the most sense if it’s a deal Mac can stomach. 

So you want Mac to pass on maybe the best player in the draft to trade down and with his history pick players to help us? Take Bosa if he is there and move on...

7 minutes ago, GaryM said:

So you want Mac to pass on maybe the best player in the draft to trade down and with his history pick players to help us? Take Bosa if he is there and move on...

This is where I get annoyed. The history should not have any impact on the decision. It's like not picking a QB from USC because they have usually failed. It's not a good enough reason to not trade down

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is where I get annoyed. The history should not have any impact on the decision. It's like not picking a QB from USC because they have usually failed. It's not a good enough reason to not trade down

Put it this way......If you bought your wife a new car 3 years in a row, and she wrecked each one of them, would you buy her a new one this year? Not me.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The history shouldn't impact the decision, I am only saying that IMHO Bosa is a player that will have more of a positive impact on this team than any one or two players taken later in the draft.

Archived