Prove me wrong

ECURB

Not using your feelings that are running wild on this message board...but rather using FACTS... Prove me wrong.

I only had time to pick the "best" team to compare us against but feel free to look up some others.

2015-2018 Drafts

JETS - 28 picks 

Currently still have 18 on the team (64%)

9 are starters (32%)

Patriots - 33 picks

Currently still have 14 on the team (42%)

4 are starters (12%)

So you say "Mac sucks at drafting" but what are you basing it on? Almost 3/4 of his picks are still kicking and it looks like this year will be no different.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Sympathy 3

Just now, Matt39 said:

It’s almost as if hoarding picks to compensate for the unpredictability of the draft works.

Not according to the stats... They are hitting fewer times than the JETS are with more swings.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, Maxman said:

Well it is easier to find a starter on a bad team than it is to draft starters on a Super Bowl level team.

But I agree with the premise, the draft is way more of a crap shoot than people admit.

That's why I left the total too... Pats sure seem to whiff on a lot of guys... Maybe it is just a HOF QB covering up their bad drafting a luxury the JETS have not had.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This might be because it’s harder to earn a roster spot on a perennial contending team that everyone wants to play for than it is to earn a roster spot on a perennial losing team that nobody wants to play for but I’m no #logician

Nice feelings. Give me some facts.

How many are on other teams then? How many pats starters did they draft? I only counted 4 since 2015...

Your feelings are baseless step your game up.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, genot said:

Your not wrong. People are frustrated because of our win-loss record. Can't blame them When you look fairly, at the last 4 years it really comes down to, who was behind center and how did he perform. Franchise QB's don't grow on trees. We have one now. Winning is just around the corner

Agreed. Yes losing sucks but the mindset around here is just so negative.  Its like people are afraid to have hope.  I mean we have a young franchise QB which is the one thing we have screamed about most of our lives.  Have we plugged every hole with top players? NO but we added a lot of pieces and I think next year is gonna be pretty fun.  We are a young team and will keep adding pieces as we get better.  Im not saying we are a contender right now but I do see us taking a good leap and then beyond I see real good things

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

It’s also more difficult to make the Pats.  Because they don’t have holes at just about every position.  Also more difficult to draft at 32 each round than 3.

Macc, however, has drafted the fewest NFL players of anyone over that time period.  In other words, his picks, after they wash out with the Jets, are valueless to anyone, which controls for talent level on the original team.

Based on what? The Pats have more players they drafted out of the NFL now than the JETS... Look it up.

How is it harder to earn at spot? Other than QB every spot has had turnover in NE just like anywhere else.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, ECURB said:

Based on what? The Pats have more players they drafted out of the NFL now than the JETS... Look it up.

How is it harder to earn at spot? Other than QB every spot has had turnover in NE just like anywhere else.

Who on the Jets that Maccagnan drafted is starting in New England? 

Dont give me Adams because he wouldn’t over Mccourty or Chung 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 7

It's hard to find new starters for a dynasty team. Regardless,  does any legitimate NFL expert believe the Jets have added more talent than the pats in that time period? And how many of Macs draft picks would start on the pats.

Finally, does any of this explain Mac's outright refusal to draft O lineman?

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Nice feelings. Give me some facts.

How many are on other teams then? How many pats starters did they draft? I only counted 4 since 2015...

Your feelings are baseless step your game up.

Edelman, Brady and Gronk who are their three best players on offense were all drafted by Belichick. All 3 would obviously be the Jets best player.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, genot said:

Your not wrong. People are frustrated because of our win-loss record. Can't blame them When you look fairly, at the last 4 years it really comes down to, who was behind center and how did he perform. Franchise QB's don't grow on trees. We have one now. Winning is just around the corner

See you agree that Sam is a FQB yet you ignore the fact that your boy Macc continues to neglect the one position that directly supports that FQB. WOW.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It's hard to find new starters for a dynasty team. Regardless,  does any legitimate NFL expert believe the Jets have added more talent than the pats in that time period? And how many of Macs draft picks would start on the pats.

Finally, does any of this explain Mac's outright refusal to draft O lineman?

Didnt he draft a O lineman in Round 3

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

Just now, Matt39 said:

Who on the Jets that Maccagnan drafted is starting in New England? 

You are bringing more feelings to my fact party... But I will play your subjective game.

Leo

Adams

Lee

Herndon

Jenkins

Lac Edwards

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Least in the NFL is more telling than more out.  Macc has the least in.  Jason at OTC demonstrated that, and I have posted the same data.  Also if you can’t comprehend how it’s harder to make a good team than a bad one or how it’s harder to get players at the top of the rounds than the bottom, there’s no reason to discuss anything, as the starting points are too far off.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Didnt he draft a O lineman in Round 3

A project to say the least. How many has he drafted since he got the job? How many has he drafted since he drafted SAM? How many has he drafted with a 1st or 2nd round pick? You know since he drafted the FRANCHISE QB? HOW MANY?

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Not using your feelings that are running wild on this message board...but rather using FACTS... Prove me wrong.

I only had time to pick the "best" team to compare us against but feel free to look up some others.

2015-2018 Drafts

JETS - 28 picks 

Currently still have 18 on the team (64%)

9 are starters (32%)

Patriots - 33 picks

Currently still have 14 on the team (42%)

4 are starters (12%)

So you say "Mac sucks at drafting" but what are you basing it on? Almost 3/4 of his picks are still kicking and it looks like this year will be no different.

Kudos for putting some cool analysis together although i do have a query: how much better does a player need to be to stick much less start for the reigning champions versus the NJ Woodys?

edit: read the rest of the thread, seems I’m late to this party. Any beer left?

• Upvote 3

So, we are saying that a team that perennially drafts around #3, #6, etc. has a higher hit rate than a team that rarely takes its first player before 30th?   Interesting.

Next thing you’ll tell me is that a pitcher throwing the ball 30 feet away from home plate tends to have more strikeouts than somebody who has to pitch from 60 feet. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Who on the Jets that’s maccagnan drafted is starting in New England? 

Jamal Adams would start over Patrick Chung without a doubt. An Adams/McCourty combo would be lethal. 

Also both Leonard Williams and Quinnen would start over any of their current DL (Lawrence Guy and Mike Pennel)

• Sympathy 1

The main issue I have with Maccagnan is roster construction and utilization of resources. 

Now that he has his QB things should normalize 

breers article about how Maccagnan stalked Sam for 2 years demonstrated that he isn’t necessarily drafting for this season 

I believe the Brady window is in play here and i think if Maccagnan survives we will see him trading for veterans and running it like the rams did last year to get a window where Sam is on his rookie deal but Brady is gone 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Jamal Adams would start over Patrick Chung without a doubt. An Adams/McCourty combo would be lethal. 

Also both Leonard Williams and Quinnen would start over any of their current DL (Lawrence Guy and Mike Pennel)

Leonard would, he’s really the only 1. Quinnen was just drafted so I left him out. Both were  6 and 3 in the drat which the Pats don’t have the luxury of having(a good thing)

Belichick loves Chung and is probably the smartest player on their team. He ain’t getting swiped by Adams.