Prove me wrong

ECURB

1 minute ago, genot said:

Do you seriously believe Mac doesn't know that an offensive line isnt an important part of an offense's success. I would love someone to ask Mac if there was an Orlando Pace type talent available, would he still have drafted Q. There hasn't been a player like that available to him. We've sucked at QB. When Mac was here and we didn't suck at QB, we won 10 games.

Are you really going to use the season we had the easiest schedule in the NFL to defend Mike Maccagnan. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

It’s also more difficult to make the Pats.  Because they don’t have holes at just about every position.  Also more difficult to draft at 32 each round than 3.

Macc, however, has drafted the fewest NFL players of anyone over that time period.  In other words, his picks, after they wash out with the Jets, are valueless to anyone, which controls for talent level on the original team.

Ok if this is your thesis then why dont the Pats who we feel are a smart well run organization trade up for less picks that have higher quality?

They actually do the converse- they trade down and accumulate more picks “that cant possibly make their already talented team”.  

So why do they do something so stupid and contrary??

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well it is easier to find a starter on a bad team than it is to draft starters on a Super Bowl level team.

But I agree with the premise, the draft is way more of a crap shoot than people admit.

Sure, it's a crap shoot. That goes without saying. But does that mean we have to accept Mac's level of incompetence for FIVE years???

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The OL has only got worse under him.there is not a team in nfl who has had more OL neglect than ny Jets. that is fact boyy

That is your feeling. Back it up.

How many OL signed traded for or drafted since 2015 compared to others?

This is my point... Your post is purely a guess based on your feelings from posts that were also pure feelings.

14 minutes ago, ECURB said:

How many OLine players has he drafted or signed since being here? How does it compare to other teams?

You are just making a statement as if it's fact based off your feeling otherwise.

He has drafted 2 OL in five years before 6 round ! One in 3rd this yr, and shell in Fifth. Do you realize how neglectful that is? Considering we are talking about a unit of five ! And it’s not like he walked in the door with a OL already established. It was a weakness then. Mac has done the absolute bare minimum. I don’t know why his fan boys are so against good Olineman. Either top dollar FA, or hardly can’t miss quality  you can grab in first or 2nd round. Most of the top teams have strong OLs, mac is too obsessed with bpa. Why he always misses on them in draft. They are reached for, and he will only sign/ Trade for OLs who come cheap due to injury concerns or decline. ALL his moves. It’s easily a fireable offense.

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He has drafted 2 OL in five years before 6 round ! One in 3rd this yr, and shell in Fifth. Do you realize how neglectful that is? Considering we are talking about a unit of five ! And it’s not like he walked in the door with a OL already established. It was a weakness then. Mac has done the absolute bare minimum. I don’t know why his fan boys are so against good Olineman. Either top dollar FA, or hardly can’t miss quality  you can grab in first or 2nd round. Most of the top teams have strong OLs, mac is too obsessed with bpa. Why he always misses on them in draft. They are reached for, and he will only sign/ Trade for OLs who come cheap due to injury concerns or decline. ALL his moves. It’s easily a fireable offense.

Ok how many FA?

And how does it compare to some other teams?

You can't just say "it's not enough because I say so"

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I say it all the time if not for the NY Jets many on our roster wouldn't be in the NFL the same can be said for Mike Maccagnan if not the NY Jets GM he wouldn't be in the NFL as another teams GM. 

This is a classic self-defeating fan. The Jets have been better than the cowboys in the last 20 years but you would never see a cowboys fan acting like this.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

“Blind Mac hate” what a stupid comment. People who don’t like mac love the jets, want to win not lose every yr. We also want a gm who will actually care about a offensive line, and less about “ bpa” you mac fan boys seem to love mac way more than Jets. I simply stated facts about when you suck as a gm, you pick at top of the draft every yr. despite having that critical advantage every yr.

Every post that you make features Mike Maccagnan, your disdain for him, and calls anyone who disagrees with you "fanboys".  I never have seen you profess any "love" for the Jets, or any affection or respect for any player on this roster, past or present.

The sum total of your "contribution" here is a litany of complaint, the offensive line is your latest "cause", without ever offering any original thought or solution, outside of "Fire Macc".  It goes well beyond the point of obsession.

As for facts, you never offer any.  I have yet to see a post where you provide a statistic, reference a source, or present an outside viewpoint. You never offer  anything other than your small minded mania for referring to everything in terms of "all things Maccagnan".

Macc sucks as a GM?  Well you suck as a Jet fan because all you do is drone  on and on about your sick infatuation with the man. That must be tedious.

Thanks for not using any of the stupid emojis.  I call that progress.  As for using complete sentences, it still is a work in progress.  Baby steps.  Good luck.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ECURB said:

Not using your feelings that are running wild on this message board...but rather using FACTS... Prove me wrong.

I only had time to pick the "best" team to compare us against but feel free to look up some others.

2015-2018 Drafts

JETS - 28 picks 

Currently still have 18 on the team (64%)

9 are starters (32%)

Patriots - 33 picks

Currently still have 14 on the team (42%)

4 are starters (12%)

So you say "Mac sucks at drafting" but what are you basing it on? Almost 3/4 of his picks are still kicking and it looks like this year will be no different.

How many Super Bowls have the Patriots won and how many have the NY Jets won. 

Your logic is DUMB 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, genot said:

Do you seriously believe Mac doesn't know that an offensive line isnt an important part of an offense's success. I would love someone to ask Mac if there was an Orlando Pace type talent available, would he still have drafted Q. There hasn't been a player like that available to him. We've sucked at QB. When Mac was here and we didn't suck at QB, we won 10 games.

Lol. You seriously can not argue he holds it higher in regard than any other gm in league. Yr in yr out. Five years ! Draft and FA say so. Why Gase flipped on him about not caring about signing Paradis 

• Upvote 1

I hope everybody realizes that next year will be a strong draft for WR and offensive lineman. If i know it, i'm sure Mac does. The Jets could win 7 games this year. They could win 10 games. Let's wait and see. If they win 9 or 10 games. Next year will be adding the final pieces to the puzzle. With a very young squad.

Just now, genot said:

I hope everybody realizes that next year will be a strong draft for WR and offensive lineman. If i know it, i'm sure Mac does. The Jets could win 7 games this year. They could win 10 games. Let's wait and see. If they win 9 or 10 games. Next year will be adding the final pieces to the puzzle. With a very young squad.

So say w wind up with the 20th pick in the NFL draft we will get one of the top WR's or OL? 

2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Every post that you make features Mike Maccagnan, your disdain for him, and calls anyone who disagrees with you "fanboys".  I never have seen you profess any "love" for the Jets, or any affection or respect for any player on this roster, past or present.

The sum total of your "contribution" here is a litany of complaint, the offensive line is your latest "cause", without ever offering any original thought or solution, outside of "Fire Macc".  It goes well beyond the point of obsession.

As for facts, you never offer any.  I have yet to see a post where you provide a statistic, reference a source, or present an outside viewpoint. You never offer  anything other than your small minded mania for referring to everything in terms of "all things Maccagnan".

Macc sucks as a GM?  Well you suck as a Jet fan because all you do is drone  on and on about your sick infatuation with the man. That must be tedious.

Thanks for not using any of the stupid emojis.  I call that progress.  As for using complete sentences, it still is a work in progress.  Baby steps.  Good luck.

You either lack basic intelligence, or you are just a blind faith fan boy, if you can not see the severe neglect of Mac on the OL

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How many Super Bowls have the Patriots won and how many have the NY Jets won. 

Your logic is DUMB 

Wow intelligent reply.

So how about some other teams then? The JETS have more Superbowls than half the NFL how do they draft and build a roster compared to them?

Can you possibly contribute instead of just throwing insults?

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol. You seriously can not argue he holds it higher in regard than any other gm in league. Yr in yr out. Five years ! Draft and FA say so. Why Gase flipped on him about not caring about signing Paradis 

We didn't sign Paradis for reasons unknown to you or me. We had the money. Gase flipped on him. Fake news.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ECURB said:

Wow intelligent reply.

So how about some other teams then? The JETS have more Superbowls than half the NFL how do they draft and build a roster compared to them?

Can you possibly contribute instead of just throwing insults?

YOU compared us with NE 

YOU started this thread NOT ME 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Ok how many FA?

And how does it compare to some other teams?

You can't just say "it's not enough because I say so"

I assume you didn’t see this chart earlier.. otherwise you would not have came out in defense of macs last on the list who teams who have drafted OLs in early rounds past five years. Yes the OLs he has signed, he has never come close to breaking the bank for a OL, the way he easily does for the D. We are probably the only team in nfl who does not have even 1 OL being close to ranked on the positive side of OL rankings. You defending Mac on the OLine, is pretty pathetic.. 

A3CE074E-F0B2-4288-9111-D087D241CC82.png

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So say w wind up with the 20th pick in the NFL draft we will get one of the top WR's or OL? 

Hell yea. There are 4 or 5 Left Tackles with a 1st Rd grade now. Beachum's replacement. I don't know about next years free agent crop. We have Darnold now. It's a new era in Jet's football. Would you want to sign here with Buttfumble, Fitzpatrick, and and a 38 year old Mccown. It's easy mow for us. Still need to show them the money. Butt still

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

YOU compared us with NE 

YOU started this thread NOT ME 

Learn to read next time.

I offered ONE fact and asked you and others to provide more. The Pats being my fact has nothing to do with it.

How about you pick another good team that does better drafting and try to prove me wrong?

Or just go hang out with Tom and the other millennial wanna be posters in the I have feelings thread.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I assume you didn’t see this chart earlier.. otherwise you would not have came out in defense of macs last on the list who teams who have drafted OLs in early rounds past five years. Yes the OLs he has signed, he has never come close to breaking the bank for a OL, the way he easily does for the D. We are probably the only team in nfl who does not have even 1 OL being close to ranked on the positive side of OL rankings. You defending Mac on the OLine, is pretty pathetic.. 

A3CE074E-F0B2-4288-9111-D087D241CC82.png

What about FAs? Or trades? Big part of it.... That's a good start though.. finally starting to get to some facts.

Just now, ECURB said:

Learn to read next time.

I offered ONE fact and asked you and others to provide more. The Pats being my fact has nothing to do with it.

How about you pick another good team that does better drafting and try to prove me wrong?

Or just go hang out with Tom and the other millennial wanna be posters in the I have feelings thread.

You initially picked NE now you are backtracking. 

Im no millennial I've seen more failed NY Jets football in my lifetime than I hope you ever see.