Mac fired!

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

There's really nothing you've said the last year that has been remotely insightful or correct.  I wear your disdain like a badge of honor.

Any chance you can update us on what version of the rebuild we’re now in? New regime, new rebuild?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

They have no right to deny the interview.  This is wrong

dude you are wrong did you even read the link I posted? did you even read what I posted...but lets take somtehing out of context. I even said that and you quoted me.

what you quoted

"nope and you may be operating under the assumption Douglas would be the one to say no. The Eagles have the right to deny an interview or even postpone till after the season if they are still playing. "

the Eagles could stop the interview if the season is in play. They did it with Douglas in Jan with the Texans...for your reading entertainment

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-prevent-texans-interviewing-rising-front-office-star

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Any chance you can update us on what version of the rebuild we’re now in? New regime, new rebuild?

Lets see what Gase can do with Maccs roster..  Given his 1st move was trading Lee for nothing I'm not optimistic.

The overlord will have to win and win quickly or he'll be gone by the end of 2020.  Everything that's happened in the last 12 hours has put a HUGE bullseye on Gase.  He better produce and produce now.

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No I was answering the question of why Doughlas wasn't hired before the draft.  Your thinking may be right but only to apoint.  Not allowing him to interview or go to Houston was only possible because the Eagles were still playing football.  Once the Eagles were out of the playoffs they didn't need permission to talk to Douglas.  So there isn't a mechanism to stop the Jets from interviewing or hiring Douglas

and all you did was say what I said and you quoted it

again what I said reading is fundamental....

"nope and you may be operating under the assumption Douglas would be the one to say no. The Eagles have the right to deny an interview or even postpone till after the season if they are still playing."

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Lets see what Gase can do with Maccs roster..  Given his 1st move was trading Lee for nothing I'm not optimistic.

The overlord will have to win and win quickly or he'll be gone by the end of 2020.  Everything that's happened in the last 12 hours has put a HUGE bullseye on Gase.  He better produce and produce now.

I... agree?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Weren’t you saying, like, yesterday, that this was a progressive rebuild and how we’re merely at some indefinite point on the spectrum of that rebuild? But now you’re saying the rebuild is over and Gase needs to win “now”? You, sir, are a cultist fraud half-man.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Weren’t you saying, like, yesterday, that this was a progressive rebuild and how we’re merely at some indefinite point on the spectrum of that rebuild? But now you’re saying the rebuild is over and Gase needs to win “now”? You, sir, are a cultist fraud half-man.

do me a favor and step out of character for a minute.

do you agree that everything that's transpired today immediately makes Gase an unlikable force amongst the players? Given the fact he's not Stephen Bilichick let alone Bill don't you think that could be a problem when the Jets go through a bad stretch?

I think Gases only hope is to win and win now..  If we end up 8-8 and start next year poorly he is going to get jettisoned and we're back to square one to the detriment of Darnold.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

What has Mike Shanahan done in the last 10 years to warrant that title? 

That is silly...... 

If you are comparing Shanahan to Gase it simply is not worth the discussion.... 

Shanahan has done more in his career to build successful teams in the NFL than Gase can currently dream about.....

Shanahan is going to the HOF... Gase needs to buy a ticket.....

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

That is silly...... 

If you are comparing Shanahan to Gase it simply is not worth the discussion.... 

Shanahan has done more in his career to build successful teams in the NFL than Gase can currently dream about.....

Shanahan is going to the HOF... Gase needs to buy a ticket.....

Yeah umm I wasn't comparing him to Gase. My point was why the infatuation with bringing Mike Shanahan in to oversee an organization when he's been out of football for the past 6 years. And his last stop in Washington he was 24-40 as the HC and Executive Vice President. The game has passed him by.

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

do me a favor and step out of character for a minute.

do you agree that everything that's transpired today immediately makes Gase an unlikable force amongst the players? Given the fact he's not Stephen Bilichick let alone Bill don't you think that could be a problem when the Jets go through a bad stretch?

I think Gases only hope is to win and win now..  If we end up 8-8 and start next year poorly he is going to get jettisoned and we're back to square one to the detriment of Darnold.

You absolute hack. You disingenuous troll. You ethically barren weasel. You disreputable skink. The best case scenario for the team this year was 8-8, 7-9 but now it’s the minimum expectation for Gase because Maccagnan was fired? Gase has been here for four months. The team has been bad for four *years*. A reasonable expectation for this year is that Gase gets Darnold on a path toward being competent while determining which flotsam he can throw off the roster next January. God willing, they’re able to hire a few decent personnel men to triage this roster properly on the fly and we’re competing for a playoff spot within two years before Manish claims another scalp

• Sympathy 1

If you're going to fire a GM, why let him go to free agency and the draft?

The Jets fired Tannenbaum at the end of December 2012 and hired Idzik on 24 January 2013. Idzik was then fired on 29 December 2014 and Maccagnan was hired on 13 January 2015.

So, going by your logic, the previous two times the Jets fired the GM, we did it four months before the end of the season for the front office.

I'm not doubting you, but I don't see the logic of firing Maccagnan a few weeks after the draft ended just yet.

When you fire a GM in January, he has to use the scouts from the old regime. He can’t start cleaning house on that front until May.

A GM still has final say on the cap dollars and draft picks, so bringing in a new guy in January still makes a major impact. But if you do not fire your GM in January, the 2nd next time to do so is after the draft.

The Jets need substantial upgrades at Center/CB/Edge/Backup RB to be considered a playoff contender. Without those additions a reasonable win total is 6-7 games unless Darnold has Mahomes type season. The Jets are currently the 3rd best team in the division.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You absolute hack. You disingenuous troll. You ethically barren weasel. You disreputable skink. The best case scenario for the team this year was 8-8, 7-9 but now it’s the minimum expectation for Gase because Maccagnan was fired? Gase has been here for four months. The team has been bad for four *years*. A reasonable expectation for this year is that Gase gets Darnold on a path toward being competent while determining which flotsam he can throw off the roster next January. God willing, they’re able to hire a few decent personnel men to triage this roster properly on the fly and we’re competing for a playoff spot within two years before Manish claims another scalp

I respect that you refuse to break character even though I know you agree with me.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Batista is great, but she answered her own question within the article itself—you end up firing unqualified people like Maccagnan and Idzik because you were in a position of having to hire unqualified people in the first place. The team hasn’t changed since Belichick write his little note: it’s just confirmed that Parcells and Belichick were right to flee the ship. 

BS.  Parcells fled because he's only about Parcells.  Belli fled with Leon's cash in his wallet because he didn't like Woody. 

The reason we have to hire unqualified people is because the fire everyone.  Its a circle jerk.  

29 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Maccs guys were 14-34 the last 3 years. Any success with "his guys" will be quite an achievement for Gase.

That was dig for the guys here that say Rex won with Mangini's guys.  

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Did you not imply that I should be a Trump supporter?

not interested in getting this locked so I'll answer simply by saying no...  I laughed when I saw the line because it could apply to that.  Had nothing to do with you.

are you losing it?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think we all just want to make the Jets great again.

True but we disagree on whether or not todays events helped that endeavor.

If Gase and whatever yes man he hires at GM make the playoffs, and they better make the playoffs with the roster Macc assembled, then today will be a distant memory.

If he fails he will rightfully feel the full weight of the NY media and the majority of the fan base (you guys are not the majority).

It could turn ugly quickly.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In 2008, before Favre tore his bicep, we were 8-3, had the # 1 ranked offense in the AFC, and had just beaten the 11-0 Titans.

Same dudes who were apoplectic about firing Rex after a 4-12 season forgetting that Mangini got fired off a 9-7. 

• Sympathy 1

True but we disagree on whether or not todays events helped that endeavor.

If Gase and whatever yes man he hires at GM make the playoffs, and they better make the playoffs with the roster Macc assembled, then today will be a distant memory.

If he fails he will rightfully feel the full weight of the NY media and the majority of the fan base (you guys are not the majority).

It could turn ugly quickly.

Macc went 24-40 dude. The roster Macc “assembled” is a full reflection of all his failures. A $17M a year ILB who can’t cover and an overpaid RB are the fruits of terrible drafting for the previous 4 years.

This ultimatum you’re handing down to Gase is coming from you and you alone and will have no basis in reality. You don’t get to spew all this vitriol on the new HC after spending the last 5 months blaming Bowles for every single one of the team’s problems.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Macc went 24-40 dude. The roster Macc “assembled” is a full reflection of all his failures. A $17M a year ILB who can’t cover and an overpaid RB are the fruits of terrible drafting for the previous 4 years.

This ultimatum you’re handing down to Gase is coming from you and you alone and will have no basis in reality. You don’t get to spew all this vitriol on the new HC after spending the last 5 months blaming Bowles for every single one of the team’s problems.

I'm not spewing vitriol at Gase..  I hope he has the goods.

But the unfortunate truth is perception is reality and the perception is that Gase forced out Macc in the ultimate power move.  If he doesn't win and win quickly he'll get skewered.  You can argue with me till the cows come home but those are just the facts.