Mac fired!

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am just thankful that Macc did not trade away any 2020 draft picks last month (althought it sounds like he may have tried).  At least our new GM will have a full complement of picks to play with.

This is such an underrated thing. The Tannenbaum special. Very glad we didn't sacrifice a future he knew he didn't really have to pay for.

• Upvote 1

As usual, we have to wait and see how this plays out. Who will the new GM be, etc. The only thing that makes you think SOJ, is they let the GM have input in the draft selections, and then they fire him after!! crazy

• Upvote 1

He's the guy who got us Jamaal, Sam and Leveon and more.  Good with the cap. Had some bad misses, but overall, compared to other Jets GMs? I think he's above-average.

I really hope the circus isn't returning. I guess more than anything it was personality conflict?

DC

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I'm shocked and pissed off.  This organization is the worst.  No stability.

Gase better hit homers or we're back to the SOJ cycle of short-term rookie GM's and coaches.

I'm shocked by the timing. Why didn't they do it when Bowles was canned ? Figured Macc was safe till next January.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Someone’s just jealous that there’s no Sanchez-fan-Pennington-fan-Maccagnan-fan-Menudo-fan cohort on the Internet where you might find a nourishing intellectual relationship.

Meanwhile I'm sure theres security footage at the Blue Oyster Bar of you pop-locking to Living La Vida Loca back in 99'.  

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I'm shocked by the timing. Why didn't they do it when Bowles was canned ? Figured Macc was safe till next January.

Scouting. Both for FA and draft. Ideally he should have been fired mid season last year so new GM could have prepared for off season. Firing Mac with Bowles would have made the offseason difficult but since it’s a mess anyways, better late than never. 

Well I’m glad he’s gone, yes it looks like classic clown shoes, but I’m going with it.

It was strange in the draft, Gase was no where around at all. He was a little evasive when asked about himself and Macc.

I think Macc pissed Gase off, and signed the Free agents he wanted, and drafted who he wanted.

My take is Gase ran to the Johnson’s and put his cards on the table. “Him or me!”.

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Scouting. Both for FA and draft. Ideally he should have been fired mid season last year so new GM could have prepared for off season. Firing Mac with Bowles would have made the offseason difficult but since it’s a mess anyways, better late than never. 

if the initial plan was to have gase and mccagnan work together, something along the way didn't mesh right as was rumored.  or else, mccagnan could easily have been fired with bowles.  the initial plan was for mccagnan to stay.  gase is the new vunderkind/qb whisperer and cj listens to him now.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

He's the guy who got us Jamaal, Sam and Leveon and more.  Good with the cap. Had some bad misses, but overall, compared to other Jets GMs? I think he's above-average.

I really hope the circus isn't returning. I guess more than anything it was personality conflict?

DC

Guess who's the crazy one is in that relationship.

image.png.442896de1cbb6146adc9115ab40ba630.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

My take is Gase ran to the Johnson’s and put his cards on the table. “Him or me!”.

i agree that gase did something like this but mccagnan did get good FAs for the most part.  whether gase was pissed off that they didn't get another center, or that they paid too much for bell and/or mosley, this can and will be debated.  but FA was a result of poor drafting which didn't help mccagnan either.

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am just thankful that Macc did not trade away any 2020 draft picks last month (althought it sounds like he may have tried).  At least our new GM will have a full complement of picks to play with.

Good point.  It should now take the new General ManagerS only four years to rebuild!

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I think they had no intention to fire Macc back then.   No way they think he's good enough to GM free agency and the draft but he's not good enough to GM the preseason.

The fire Macc idea is recent Gase-sh*t.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

My guess is Gase gave them an ultimatum, either Mac goes or he goes. A lot harder to replace a HC at this point than a GM

A bunch of the tweets keep mentioning that “something went down” between Maccagnan/Heimerdinger and Gase—it would be interesting to hear what exactly

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Please..  you've been holding Shane's belt loop and following him around like a flea ridden mutt for years.

You and his "relationship" is one of the more grotesque things I've seen on the internet.

LMAO

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Master of the cap who gets us out of contracts after only 2 years for non-QBs, totally unlike every other GM!

I particularly used to enjoy that one.

And by “enjoy” Sperm means typing college  essay length posts completely obliterating posters who floated this notion.??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Please..  you've been holding Shane's belt loop and following him around like a flea ridden mutt for years.

You and his "relationship" is one of the more grotesque things I've seen on the internet.

I didn’t know you could get WiFi  from a cage on the Mexican side of the Tijuana river?