New Video on Macc; Don't Panic

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The team isn’t in good shape. They aren’t in terrible shape like they were and they at least have a shot a being a .500 team right now. Considering all the missteps and mismanagement over the last 5 years, compounded with not working well with others and being indecisive, that’s unacceptable. This is despite him having a “better” offseason than usual.

When you have $100 mil from not having any talent to pay, being able to outbid and overpay for a ILB and go after other guys like Bell amen Crowder, isn’t really skillful. I’m happy he did these things given the state of our team and money was a resource that we needed to utilize, even if not spent efficiently.

Make no mistake, Mac is pure human excrement and if you can’t see how bad he is, I don’t know what to tell you at this point haha. Maybe you were just referring to that take on Mac being good by others. 

I was saying how can one both think Macc was bad but yet left the team in good shape. It’s a paradox.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Chris Gardella is here with some thoughts on the firing of Mike Maccagnan. The headlines are all saying this is an organization in chaos and the Jets don’t have a clue. What seems to be forgotten is how Mike Maccagnan wasn’t good at his job. Bad free agent contracts, poor drafting and the roster still has many holes.

Don’t panic, even though the timing leaves a lot to be desired, this was the right move.

FYI this is @Jack Straw. Thanks Chris.

In my opinion, 100% spot on. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

If Mike Mccagnan did not value the opinions of the scouting department, or the Coaching Staff:  was not well liked or respected by virtually everyone who worked for the Jets, and was basically a "rogue" who listened to no one, and did as he pleased;  answer me this.... 

How in the world was he able to get away with this for 4 plus years???   That is the question that needs to be answered.

I think a viable answer is that Mac made some decent moves but also made some terrible moves. A team needs stability. You can’t have stability when you’re firing coaches and GM’s every 2 or 3 years. I would guess that the Management wanted Mac to work for the Jets and when Gase came in he was exposed for what he really was. A good scout perhaps, but a crappy GM. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This isn't  what we really want to know. Mac was bad at his job. In other news, water is wet. 

I want to know what triggered this after watching this fool fail time and again. Why was he kept on. Was it Darnold? Nobody is talking about this.

If woody Johnson was here, mac is 100% fired by Jan 2019. Likely sooner.. lil Johnson was a complete brand new green owner.. He wasn’t up to par to be looking for a new HC by himself, and a gm.. woody is to blame. He should have demanded someone who knows the business be in control up until start of this season.. Firing Mac now is 100% Better then waiting until next Jan 

4 hours ago, jgb said:

I was saying how can one both think Macc was bad but yet left the team in good shape. It’s a paradox.

I figured that’s what you meant. It is in better shape than it was last year for sure but we have glaring issues at key positions that should have been priority. So even though we filled holes, we didn’t fill enough of the important positions like pass rusher (polite is a half measure), OL and WR. These positions have been plaguing us since 2015 so not addressing them over that time period is INSANE. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I agree with the premise, that firing Macc is a net positive despite the hysterical news coverage. The downside to the timing is that now all the garbage that Macc left behind becomes Adam Gase’s immediate responsibility and you can already see fans and media lining up to kill him ASAP because the roster is terrible and he didn’t magically fix it overnight. There’s no honeymoon period, at all, and we’re about to get a hundred Manish articles demanding to know why the offense isn’t scoring 50 a game, or why the pass rush isn’t producing sacks, or why LeVeon Bell isn’t getting 30 carries per game. It’s going to get stupid very fast. 

Get stupid? 

We're long past stupid skippy

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

Chris Gardella is here with some thoughts on the firing of Mike Maccagnan. The headlines are all saying this is an organization in chaos and the Jets don’t have a clue. What seems to be forgotten is how Mike Maccagnan wasn’t good at his job. Bad free agent contracts, poor drafting and the roster still has many holes.

Don’t panic, even though the timing leaves a lot to be desired, this was the right move.

Finally, some reason around here.

21 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Because Idzik sucked MAC gets a pass?  MAC gave Idzik a run for his money as poorest talent evaluator in the NFL. 

Not at all, I am in no way defending Macc. I would have to go back and look, I think originally I was trying to respond to a comment were someone said Macc decimated this team. that is my only point, Macc sucks but he inherited a shit show and ironically because of Sam I think he leaves it better for the next guy.

• Upvote 1

On 5/18/2019 at 8:02 PM, Maxman said:

that's the whole point.  mac wasn't getting the job done and he had the added strike of apparently not getting along with the coach.  time to move on.

On 5/19/2019 at 8:12 AM, T0mShane said:

I agree with the premise, that firing Macc is a net positive despite the hysterical news coverage. The downside to the timing is that now all the garbage that Macc left behind becomes Adam Gase’s immediate responsibility and you can already see fans and media lining up to kill him ASAP because the roster is terrible and he didn’t magically fix it overnight. There’s no honeymoon period, at all, and we’re about to get a hundred Manish articles demanding to know why the offense isn’t scoring 50 a game, or why the pass rush isn’t producing sacks, or why LeVeon Bell isn’t getting 30 carries per game. It’s going to get stupid very fast. 

it's hard to tell how much 'garbage' mac left behind because bowles had a lot to do with turning that garbage into gold.  but your point is certainly true.  let's see what gase can do before killing him.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Because Idzik sucked MAC gets a pass?  MAC gave Idzik a run for his money as poorest talent evaluator in the NFL. 

Moreover, if you want an apples to apples comparison, ignore everything Macc did from 2017-2019. It's hardly a level playing field to compare by adding up 2 offseasons' successful moves from one (such as they were) to 5 offseasons' moves from the other. Particularly when the former's first season came complete with a must-salary-dump, post-Tannenbaum March and then a joke of a top 15 talent pool in the draft (where we had 2 picks) that looks like a 3rd round in hindsight; plus being more frugal in FA because he thought he'd be around to reap the benefit of accumulated cap room in 2015+.

Both were deservedly fired - there's no defense for Idzik's poor drafting overall, nor other moves like the Harvin trade & Kerley extension - but if you want to compare the two, then ignore any cherry-picked Jets picks/transactions one may have liked from 2017-2019. 

41 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it's hard to tell how much 'garbage' mac left behind because bowles had a lot to do with turning that garbage into gold.  but your point is certainly true.  let's see what gase can do before killing him.

Problem is we just saw what Gase could do over the past three years, in our division, and it wasn't pretty.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Problem is we just saw what Gase could do over the past three years, in our division, and it wasn't pretty.

c'mon.  he did better than bowles and had an equally bad qb situation.  the one year tannehill was healthy he had a career year.  and he left because he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding/tanking process.  give him a chance.  it's not like they hired charlie winner or one of the many first time hc's.

• Upvote 2

On 5/19/2019 at 8:26 AM, T0mShane said:

No doubt. If they don’t get Douglas, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Gase fired at the end of the season and Gregg Williams elevated to head coach, and I don’t think Gase would mind that one bit. 

Gase's only choice now that he sees how this thing runs is to change it utterly or he will self-immolate

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

Bowles..."garbage into gold".........ha ha ha. that is precious

31 minutes ago, rangerous said:

c'mon.  he did better than bowles and had an equally bad qb situation.  the one year tannehill was healthy he had a career year.  and he left because he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding/tanking process.  give him a chance.  it's not like they hired charlie winner or one of the many first time hc's.

Miami was a crap outfit and Tannehill could not shine Sam's boots.  I have some optimism

• Upvote 2

On 5/18/2019 at 8:44 PM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

What a strange thing to say. Nobody has forgotten this. It doesn't seem like anybody has forgotten this.

The media has, actually they never did enough work to realize it, they simply repeat after each other. the fans? No. We remember. 

• Upvote 1