I'm surprised this hasnt gained any traction here yet. Blessuan Austin cleared by doctors

2 minutes ago, genot said:

He was never considered a 1st rd pick. I'll post more links where based on his skill's before the injury, he was considered a day 2 prospect. You more than most know damn well the difference in talent between a mid 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder, isn't that much. Hell, if your drafted in the 3rd rd your expected to be a starter in the league, in short order. No

I'll be waiting for more links that said he was considered even a day 2 prospect before his injury. And please don't show me some Walter Football sh*t where they regularly give about 100 prospects 1st round grades, and about 200 2nd and 3rd round grades. I think Charlie Campbell is already working on his 2024 mock.....guys a total hack.

12 minutes ago, RobR said:

Because your link is from Scarlett Nation and is written by their beat writer. Not once does he quote a scout or anyone with any credibility when he mentions that blurb.

What makes the article even worse, if that was possible, was him mentioning Charlie Campbell as a source earlier in the article. Charlie Campbell!

In the end Austin was never considered a 1st or 2nd rounder unless @Peace Frog  read it on one of his fortune cookies that he forgot too save. 

http://www.thebearsbrawl.com/bears-scouting-report-blessuan-austin/

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Love guys giving personal opinions on players they’ve never heard of. 

The reason you never heard of him was because he was never considered the prospect you said he was. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I read it AFTER we drafted him.

You’re sh*tting on a player you’d never heard of. 

Well done.

Why do you think I'm sh*tting on him? He was a 6th round pick and I hope he does well, just like every other draft pick.

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

Huh? It says third or fourth round but I give you credit for coming up with a decent source. 

He was never a 1st rd prospect. To me the difference in a 2nd rd talent and 3rd rd talent is miniscule.

47 minutes ago, genot said:

LOL. Your google skills are improving considering this is your latest link after hours of search time. 

The only reason I posted in this thread was to refute what some other poster stated. It's the draft forum coming out in me during the deadest of sports times. I can't help myself.

3 hours ago, RobR said:

LOL. Your google skills are improving considering this is your latest link after hours of search time. 

The only reason I posted in this thread was to refute what some other poster stated. It's the draft forum coming out in me during the deadest of sports times. I can't help myself.

Someone asked for links, i provided some. I pasted 5 links, all within the hour.

10 hours ago, genot said:

He was never a 1st rd prospect. To me the difference in a 2nd rd talent and 3rd rd talent is miniscule.

Who the f*ck cares! Dee Milliner was considered a 1st round talent, where the f*ck did that get us. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, RobR said:

Because your link is from Scarlett Nation and is written by their beat writer. Not once does he quote a scout or anyone with any credibility when he mentions that blurb.

What makes the article even worse, if that was possible, was him mentioning Charlie Campbell as a source earlier in the article. Charlie Campbell!

In the end Austin was never considered a 1st or 2nd rounder unless @Peace Frog  read it on one of his fortune cookies that he forgot too save. 

11 hours ago, genot said:

He was never considered a 1st rd pick. I'll post more links where based on his skill's before the injury, he was considered a day 2 prospect. You more than most know damn well the difference in talent between a mid 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder, isn't that much. Hell, if your drafted in the 3rd rd your expected to be a starter in the league, in short order. No

I'm sick of this. 

"Austin was considered a possible first- or second-round pick before his injuries. The results of his medical exams likely will determine whether he goes on Day 2 or Day 3 later this month. He was at the NFL Combine but did not participate." 

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2019/04/nfl-draft-rutgers-blessuan-austin-runs-faster-40-yard-dash-at-private-pro-day-giants-interested.html

Whether it was ever true or not, it is available to read about on the internet. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

I'm sick of this. 

"Austin was considered a possible first- or second-round pick before his injuries. The results of his medical exams likely will determine whether he goes on Day 2 or Day 3 later this month. He was at the NFL Combine but did not participate." 

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2019/04/nfl-draft-rutgers-blessuan-austin-runs-faster-40-yard-dash-at-private-pro-day-giants-interested.html

Why thank you, fine Sir. I knew I read it somewhere and that I didn’t make it up. 

@Patriot Killa  @RobR

Dudes. You busted my balls for no f*cking reason. And you were wrong. 

Like I said, I had no idea who he was just like YOU had no idea who he was. It wasn’t MY opinion that he was a 1st or 2nd round pick, it was someone else’s. All I said was I read it somewhere. 

The funny thing is- NEITHER of you 2 had any idea that he was a 3-7th round pick, just that OTHERS were of that opinion. 

You read something. I read something. 

Neither was our own opinion. But you two decided what I read was a wrong opinion or just made up. 

Next time, why not just STFU.  

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Why thank you, fine Sir. I knew I read it somewhere and that I didn’t make it up. 

@Villain The Foe @RobR

Dudes. You busted my balls for no f*cking reason. And you were wrong. 

Like I said, I had no idea who he was just like YOU had no idea who he was. It wasn’t MY opinion that he was a 1st or 2nd round pick, it was someone else’s. All I said was I read it somewhere. 

The funny thing is- NEITHER of you 2 had any idea that he was a 3-7th round pick, just that OTHERS were of that opinion. 

You read something. I read something. 

Neither was our own opinion. But you two decided what I read was a wrong opinion or just made up. 

Next time, why not just STFU.  

You tagged the wrong person, genius.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Who the f*ck cares! Dee Milliner was considered a 1st round talent, where the f*ck did that get us. 

Why are you angry!!!!!!!!!!!i was posting with someone else about where Austin would have been drafted, if not for injuries. Sorry. sounds like i ruined your day.

1 hour ago, slats said:

I'm sick of this. 

And to further the discussion.....................................................

46 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Could turn into a decent player if srays healthy. I'm actually more excited about Parry Nickerson from last years draft he played well in the season opener last year subbing for Skrine.

I like "Bones" Jones as my camp stand out at CB.

Don't think anyone ever said he was a first rounder though.  :)

• Upvote 1