Training Camp Tweets (7/27)

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They needed to gracefully push Gettleman out when he was going through cancer treatment last year. What a disaster that's going to be. 

Fine by me! I have a ton of Giant friends. Let them suck it for a decade. Time to pass the incompetence torch 

2 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Fine by me! I have a ton of Giant friends. Let them suck it for a decade. Time to pass the incompetence torch 

The Giants are going to fall ass-backwards into drafting Trevor Lawrence in 2021 and winning 12 Super Bowls. Go Jets!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Giants are going to fall ass-backwards into drafting Trevor Lawrence in 2021 and winning 12 Super Bowls. Go Jets!

That may be, but it won't be Gettleman making that pick.  They have invested so much energy in pumping up Daniel Jones to the fans through the reporters this preseason that it's going to blow him right out of a job if the kid falls on his face.  I don't recall ever seeing a player who wasn't even supposed to play hyped up so hard.

This is low-key interesting and is a result of Anthony Barr backing out on his deal. It would appear that the Jets coaching staff knows they don't have cornerbacks or an impact OLB on their roster, so they're just gonna throw bodies out there and hope for the best. I like that they're not panicking and trying to sign scrubs, and instead are just gonna let the young cheapies go out there and fall on their faces. Sorta speaks to how they're approaching this season as a whole. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That may be, but it won't be Gettleman making that pick.  They have invested so much energy in pumping up Daniel Jones to the fans through the reporters this preseason that it's going to blow him right out of a job if the kid falls on his face.  I don't recall ever seeing a player who wasn't even supposed to play hyped up so hard.

On the flip side, they were booing Daniel Jones at a Yankees game. It's almost unfair to him, but his money is already in the bank. What remains to be seen is if Pat Shurmur takes the fall along with Gettleman after the year, or if they ride it out with them two more years, give Daniel Jones his 19 starts to prove himself, and then start fresh in '21 with a new front office and maybe Trevor Lawrence.  

This is how smart Gase is: the difference between winning four games and getting a glorious top-three pick and winning a meaningless 6-7 games and dropping to pick ten is usually in special teams play. So what does Gase-Lord do? He dumps Andre Roberts and signs Chandler Catanzaro. Guy sees the future, my friends. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

To be fair, I do feel badly for Jones.  He doesn't deserve the heat coming his way.  If he was overdrafted, that's the GMs fault, not his.  He may even end up being a good QB but to live up to his draft position, he would need to be a top-10 QB in the league and I'm not sure I see that for him, which means he'll probably end up playing somewhere else.  

I'm also curious to see if Trevor Lawrence can live up to his own hype.  Didn't Sam have an incredible rookie year at USC comparable to TLs?

Jones is a mush. You can hear it in his voice. The fact that the fanbase already hates him means he has zero chance to succeed here. We'll see on Lawrence, but there is (so far) zero negatives to him or his game. Dude seems like he's psychologically perfect. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is how smart Gase is: the difference between winning four games and getting a glorious top-three pick and winning a meaningless 6-7 games and dropping to pick ten is usually in special teams play. So what does Gase-Lord do? He dumps Andre Roberts and signs Chandler Catanzaro. Guy sees the future, my friends. 

Shane haven't you heard? the Jets are winning 12 games this year because they changed the uniforms

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said: