****** BIG NEWS ALERT ******

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s too bad, kelly, because another Dumb and Dumber gif was what the board is crying out for.!

Those are only meant for you.  You've been doing your best Lloyd Christmas impression lately with some of the stupidity you've been spewing. 

This was actual an attempt to agree with you by showing Jamal playing the air guitar because that's what people do who cant dance.

Take your butt fumble and shove it, Lloyd. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

we back

This could be the difference in more than one game and ultimately, cost us the playoffs.  Would anyone not take Myers back, even at the price SEA is paying him?  I find it alarming that we don't even have a second kicker in camp to compete.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I don't know if this is calculated on Gase's part, but it's so interesting watching him embrace LeVeon Bell like this given both of their histories. Gase was supposed to be a grouchy prick who hated primadonna stars, and Bell was supposed to be this anti-establishment coach-killer. And yet, here we are. Regardless, it bodes well if Gase has learned a lesson from his Miami days. 

Agreed. Hopefully his reaction to BEll is genuine, but even if it is not, he is doing what he needs to to embrace his star.  Definitely a positive after the buzz around him not liking the Bell contract.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JiF said:

Those are only meant for you.  You've been doing your best Lloyd Christmas impression lately with some of the stupidity you've been spewing. 

This was actual an attempt to agree with you by showing Jamal playing the air guitar because that's what people do who cant dance.

Take your butt fumble and shove it, Lloyd. 

Two soulful G's like us shouldn't fight over dancing. We can both agree that Jamal Adams has some Steve Urkel to him. And even my stupidity is genius. 

• Haha 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Gase looks sooooo much more comfortable since ousting Maccagnan, and you wonder how much of his alleged gripe about Bell had to do with Maccagnan being the one to pull the trigger on it despite his (Gase's) wishes. Now, he looks at the roster as a bunch of dudes he can do with what he pleases, so it's all gravy. Bell also seems to be a fun guy who's obviously talented, but also (obviously) attention-needy. The non-cynical view is that maybe Gase actually likes him, despite the reputation he came with from Pittsburgh. 

July and August are the times for the non-cynical view.  Unfortunately, as the season progresses, my cynicism usually grows.  I am really liking what I am seeing and hearing out of Gase, and Bell.  But ask me again in December; hpopefully I will still have the same view.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I would have paid Myers long before Can't-izarro started having his predictably horrible camp.

It seems such an odd decision, to cut an all-pro kicker going into our first real year of possibility for winning, over cap space we didn't end up spending far as I know.  What did we save, exactly?  I know what we could lose, multiple games, but what did we gain by letting go?

This won't make you happy:

https://www.seahawks.com/news/six-observations-from-day-5-of-2019-seahawks-training-camp

A day ago, I pointed out how Jason Myers has been almost automatic during training camp, noting that I’d yet to see him miss. On Tuesday Myers did miss, barely, from 48 yards. Even so, it has been an outstanding camp for the kicker coming off a Pro-Bowl season in 2018.

“He has been fabulous,” special teams coordinator Brian Schneider said. “I think he has missed one, I think he’s 22 for 23 so far. He has been really consistent, and just getting those three guys together (punter/holder Michael Dickson and long snapper Tyler Ott), the consistency of them working together and getting a good feel for each other has been really good and clean. It’s been good.”

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm cynical 365 days per year, but I'm a huge Gase fan at this point and think he's exactly what this organization needed. He's smart, ambitious, and cutthroat enough to set fire to what is a laconic and unambitious executive group. I don't care if they go 6-10 this year and set fire to the roster after January, I feel like Gase has already moved the franchise leaps and bounds forward just by pulling their heads out of their asses. 

I hope he is still all of those things to you when we hit Week 12 and beyond this year. :-k

Alot of love for Gase right now, honeymoon bliss all round.  Which is easy in camp in shorts with everybody all buddy-buddy in the summer sun.  

I truly hope we all still feel this way, justifiably, in mid-season 2019. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I hate--haaaaate--when teams screw with their kicker position, especially over a few dollars. A missed extra point can upend your entire season and get every one of your coaches fired, but you're going to dump the guy who makes those kicks for wanting third-string QB money?

Consider it a parting F-U gift from Macc.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I hate--haaaaate--when teams screw with their kicker position, especially over a few dollars. A missed extra point can upend your entire season and get every one of your coaches fired, but you're going to dump the guy who makes those kicks for wanting third-string QB money?

Myers missed two extra points the week that he was announced for the pro bowl. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I would have paid Myers long before Can't-izarro started having his predictably horrible camp.

It seems such an odd decision, to cut an all-pro kicker going into our first real year of possibility for winning, over cap space we didn't end up spending far as I know.  What did we save, exactly?  I know what we could lose, multiple games, but what did we gain by letting go?

That's what I don't get.

We had more than enough resources to bring him back. We could've paid him 10 mill a year and still be stable financially. 

The worst losses that a team faces is from inept kicking. Look at Blair Walsh, Zayne Gonzalez, and Cody Parkey.  It's a position people like to gloss over and pretend it's easily replaceable when the difference between a great kicker and a bad kicker is winning and losing. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don't know if this is calculated on Gase's part, but it's so interesting watching him embrace LeVeon Bell like this given both of their histories. Gase was supposed to be a grouchy prick who hated primadonna stars, and Bell was supposed to be this anti-establishment coach-killer. And yet, here we are. Regardless, it bodes well if Gase has learned a lesson from his Miami days. 

He actually didn't clash that much with the players in Miami.  Think there were 3 vocal guys who didn't like his in your face style.  Led by Ajaki who I think is out of football right now.  Most of the players liked him

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm cynical 365 days per year, but I'm a huge Gase fan at this point and think he's exactly what this organization needed. He's smart, ambitious, and cutthroat enough to set fire to what is a laconic and unambitious executive group. I don't care if they go 6-10 this year and set fire to the roster after January, I feel like Gase has already moved the franchise leaps and bounds forward just by pulling their heads out of their asses. 

Exactly. Expecting playoffs is not necessarily realistic and an unfair bar considering how this team was basically shooting itself in the foot for the last 4 years and 5 offseason. Give the new regime a chance like we gave horrible Mac and Bowles a chance. 

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

They didn't cut anybody.  They just didn't sign him to an exorbitant deal.  He also was not "all-pro."  He made the pro bowl and missed a bunch of kicks at the end of the year after he was announced to the team.  He sucked in 2017.  He sucked at the end of 2018.  How dare we not pay  him!!!!!

FWIW, I am not a big Catanzaro fan either.  His career stats are very similar to Myers, but he is probably almost 5% better on extra points. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

He actually didn't clash that much with the players in Miami.  Think there were 3 vocal guys who didn't like his in your face style.  Led by Ajaki who I think is out of football right now.  Most of the players liked him

I guess I was referring to reports about friction with Frank Gore, the other two backs, and the wide receivers. Good to hear he was liked, though. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

They didn't cut anybody.  They just didn't sign him to an exorbitant deal.  He also was "all-pro."  He made the pro bowl and missed a bunch of kicks at the end of the year after he was announced to the team.  He sucked in 2017.  He sucked at the end of 2018.  How dare we not pay  him!!!!!

Sounds good until you factor in that Macc did not have a Plan B.  He let Myers walk but didn't target another competent kicker.  Do you believe Catanzaro will put up similar numbers to Myers this year?

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm repeating phrases a lot from sentence to sentence. Dementia is setting in.