Training Camp Tweets (8/5)

kdels62

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Rontez Miles being the starting Safety is so frustrating. And he's gonna be there for a while. Maye isn't coming back anytime soon.

Rontez isn’t bad. He’s what you’d expect. A reliable ST player and a decent back up. Middleton is my preferred choice though.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Reports seem to be generally favorable about Roberts and Poole.  It would be really cool if Tru wasnt a bum this year and maybe CB isnt as scary as it looks. 

Having the staff determine who gets play time at corner based on merit might actually be a good thing.

5 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He's not bad but I just remember him making a few mental errors on the field costing us points. Could change with a new scheme but not ideal. 

If Rontez Miles is our starter opposite Adams that's not good.

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He's not bad but I just remember him making a few mental errors on the field costing us points. Could change with a new scheme but not ideal. 

I expect mental errors from most back ups, especially DB’s. It’s easy to blow coverage assignment in the midst of a play against good NFL QB’s in real games when you haven’t been out there enough and aren’t necessarily the same level of talent as most of the starters out there. Middleton actually made a few mistakes in coverage last season when taking over for Marcus Maye that made me cringe lol.

I guess the moral of the story is, my expectations for our back up safeties never get too high. Hopefully they can hold the fort until Maye comes back...and Maye has to stay healthy.

Archived