Training Camp Tweets (8/5)

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Reports seem to be generally favorable about Roberts and Poole.  It would be really cool if Tru wasnt a bum this year and maybe CB isnt as scary as it looks. 

Seems to me that Tru is a good turnover CB but not a great cover.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Marcus Maye had better get healthy and play great and soon.  His loyalty points are gone with the new regime.

sign Eric Berry if he's healthy... Maye, i had been giving some slack, but my lord its just too much waiting now.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

sign Eric Berry if he's healthy... Maye, i had been giving some slack, but my lord its just too much waiting now.

Not a bad idea if he can come in cheap. We just need bodies for depth at the DB position, safety and corner. 

Bring some veterans corners into camp on veteran contracts. Players like

• Coty Sensabaugh
  • Sam Shields
  • David Amerson 

One of these players can come in and compete with D.Jones or Nickerson for the 4 or 5 spot. 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

And with the fanbase. "The best ability is availability" or whatever that quote is. Guys who are never healthy aren't worth it.

Is there any legitimacy to Maye not being available anytime soon? I mean, is he expected to miss any regular season games? Is there an actual timetable? Or are people just prognosticating?  

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Maye is pretty much turning into the Dee Milliner of safeties these days.  In fairness, certainly not as bad of a draft investment (although still not great), but still ultimately won't last if these health issues continue to persist.

Maybe but he played all 16 games his rookie year and 6 last year. The way people talk here it’s like he played 5 games in his career. Let’s see what happens this year. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

Maybe but he played all 16 games his rookie year and 6 last year. The way people talk here it’s like he played 5 games in his career. Let’s see what happens this year. 

Exactly.  Its not like he has been injured his whole career.  But thats our fanbase lol

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Maye is pretty much turning into the Dee Milliner of safeties these days.  In fairness, certainly not as bad of a draft investment (although still not great), but still ultimately won't last if these health issues continue to persist.

That would be a downer.

Just now, Drums said:

Seriously, I have been saying this all along. Is Maye injury prone? Yes, it would appear that he is. But why are people acting like he is never able to get on the field. He missed 10 of a possible 32 games in his career so far, which included a full 16 game season of healthy play. If you ask me, it makes perfect sense that Jets staff wants him 100% healthy before playing him, and even then, probably don't want him playing in meaning less games when they know he will make the roster. Why not let someone else get those early reps? 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Is there any legitimacy to Maye not being available anytime soon? I mean, is he expected to miss any regular season games? Is there an actual timetable? Or are people just prognosticating?  

Latest I've seen is that they're "hoping" he's available for Week 1... Which, at least for me, isn't that encouraging.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Drums said:

I would totally agree with you if looked at in a vacuum, but last year is actually much worse than simply missing 10 games with an injury, which might not mean as much in certain circumstances.  Instead, he missed the start of the season with one injury, lasted 3 games before getting a second injury, came back and went 3 more before getting another different injury, and after a couple of weeks off, was deemed to need to go on IR.  Still having health issues nearly 9 months later isn't particularly encouraging.

With that said, I'm definitely hoping it's simply a very unlucky year for him and he turns this back around, but there's certainly some cause for concern when players start to see a high frequency of injuries.  More often than that, it doesn't tend to go away.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I would totally agree with you if looked at in a vacuum, but last year is actually much worse than simply missing 10 games with an injury, which might not mean as much in certain circumstances.  Instead, he missed the start of the season with one injury, lasted 3 games before getting a second injury, came back and went 3 more before getting another different injury, and after a couple of weeks off, was deemed to need to go on IR.  Still having health issues nearly 9 months later isn't particularly encouraging.

With that said, I'm definitely hoping it's simply a very unlucky year for him and he turns this back around, but there's certainly some cause for concern when players start to see a high frequency of injuries.  More often than that, it doesn't tend to go away.

Great points- three different injuries at three different times. But I still need to see how he does this year before I call him “Dee Milliner” like someone did earlier. 

Just now, Drums said:

Great points- three different injuries at three different times. But I still need to see how he does this year before I call him “Dee Milliner” like someone did earlier. 

Here's the problem with that logic:  If you see Maye on the field, he's not Dee Milliner.  If you do not see Maye on the field, he's Dee Milliner.