Poll: Now that you have seen them on TV do you like the new uniforms?

Jetsbb

New Uniforms poll  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the new look?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I'm glad we moved on from the old uniforms and I don't want to have a 2nd white helmet.

We had 2 different helmets when we wore the Titans unis though.

New+York+Jets+All+White.jpg

I loved the All Whites, of every Jets uniform from 1964 to present I think these were the very best.

It's subjective though.  I can see why some wanted to move on.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Jetster said:

But there is no uproar, more Jet fans like the new design than don't + the players really like them & it seems the young fans love them so you might as well get use to them. 

Nah I'm good. They're trash uniforms. Everything about it is 3rd rate. I suspect the Jets will someday return to Namath era uniform just like they did in 1998. Hopefully it doesn't take as long as last time. 

I don't hate the shoulder spike (or whatever it is), I just really loved the different color sleeve of the old uniform.

I agree with whoever said the alternate should've been gray instead of black. 

If they just kept the white helmet I would be fine with this new change.

Edit- they need to lose the green socks when wearing all whites.

Looked off.  The above photos with the white socks and the green stripe is superior.  

32 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

They were nice, so were the Namath ones, but I think the new all whites are nicer.

giphy.gif?resize=480,247&ssl=1

If we still had white helmets I might agree with you.  But with the green helmets and those tall green socks, they look way too Ken O'Brien loser 80's for my taste.

It's on TV that it's a problem.  They look good in still photos, but on TV (where we're going to see them 90% of the time) they look like Bruce Coslet's buffoons.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If we still had white helmets I might agree with you.  But with the green helmets and those tall green socks, they look way too Ken O'Brien loser 80's for my taste.

It's on TV that it's a problem.  They look good in still photos, but on TV (where we're going to see them 90% of the time) they look like Bruce Coslet's buffoons.

SAR I

They are very similar looking to the 80s, just put the jet under Jets letters & take out the Stripe point for a solid stripe & there you have it. I hated the Green helmet during the Boomer years, but I do like the metallic Green helmet & think they'll look real nice on TV when we go Green or Black. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

nah, enough uproar can get them to reverse course. its happened before. see buffallo sabers 

The Browns fans hated their “ new” uniforms so much the team decided to dump them right away, but for some reason the league makes teams wait 4 or 5 years, I can’t remember which.

They will finally get to dump them next season, and go back to their old version.

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The Browns fans hated their “ new” uniforms so much the team decided to dump them right away, but for some reason the league makes teams wait 4 or 5 years, I can’t remember which.

They will finally get to dump them next season, and go back to their old version.

A kid with a crayon could design merchandise based on the Browns "non logo". View Browns TShirts, pick from 2 styles, orange helmet logo, Tshirt that says BROWNS. Those are your choices. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

They are very similar looking to the 80s, just put the jet under Jets letters & take out the Stripe point for a solid stripe & there you have it. I hated the Green helmet during the Boomer years, but I do like the metallic Green helmet & think they'll look real nice on TV when we go Green or Black. 

I don’t know, I think that Christmas ball looks ok with the white jersey, and kind of works with the black. To me it looks the worst with the green one, the two shades clash. I think a matte finish would’ve worked better, but what do I know? I don’t think I’m the guy they’re marketing to. I’ve never worn a jersey with anyone else’s name on it.

Im more a hat, tee(I have a grey and a green) or sweatshirt guy (none right now). I used to have a Jets golf bag, and I have a Nike Jets golf polo and a light 1/4 zip pullover.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

A kid with a crayon could design merchandise based on the Browns "non logo". View Browns TShirts, pick from 2 styles, orange helmet logo, Tshirt that says BROWNS. Those are your choices. 

Yeah you’re right, I just looked. Some ugly stuff, lol. and what’s with that freaking elf character?

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

They look good, the giants look more like the vikings in this clip.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Btw, I don’t find anything wrong with tee shirts with just the word “BROWNS” or “JETS” across the chest. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I mean everyone outside of Jets fans think these new uniforms are meh at best and a downgrade.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:45 PM, Integrity28 said:

Paint color on helmet is alright. The rest of the uniforms are a design atrocity. Bottom 5 in the league. Old uniforms were top 5, and I didn't even love them. They were just real football unis. These look like the Chinese knockoff sports jerseys you see online. Cheap and awkwardly designed look to them.

I don't know how many times I've heard this about the old uniforms.  I won't question anyone's personal preference on if they like something or not, but from a "design" stand point, the old uniforms were the atrocity.  Different stripe patterns in different areas of the uniform, busy sleeves, etc.   The new uniforms from a design standpoint are very straightforward and simple.  Especially compared to the old ones.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

now that's an NFL uniform. 

Never got the love for them. They are certainly sentimental but the design is sort of a mess especially the shoulders. It just doesnt really work in my opinion. I love them because of Namath and the history but the new uniforms while not perfect is a very significant upgrade. Clean and modern

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't know how many times I've heard this about the old uniforms.  I won't question anyone's personal preference on if they like something or not, but from a "design" stand point, the old uniforms were the atrocity.  Different stripe patterns in different areas of the uniform, busy sleeves, etc.   The new uniforms from a design standpoint are very straightforward and simple.  Especially compared to the old ones.  

Agree completely. But some fans just want to hold on to tradition. Which is fine. It's all personal preference.

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Never got the love for them. They are certainly sentimental but the design is sort of a mess especially the shoulders. It just doesnt really work in my opinion. I love them because of Namath and the history but the new uniforms while not perfect is a very significant upgrade. Clean and modern

I agree with this.  I think it's a nostalgic connection with those uniforms.  If those uniforms never existed and were unveiled as the new uniforms this season, I think they would have been universally panned. 

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

If they just kept the sleeves with the opposite color number from the body of the jersey, I'd've been a lot happier. That's an original Jets thing, and could've made these more interesting without being too busy. I agree that the shoulder stripes on the last incarnation were off. 

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

675-D49-FE-15-A7-450-D-9-BE2-38-A6718-F3

Just wait until Week 2 when we whip out the Stealth Black’s. 

SAR I

It still astounds me how helmets seemingly manage to change color depending on what uniform they're wearing. In this photo you could swear it's a black helmet with a green finish. In Green it looks green with a bit more yellow, in white it looks green but bluer than with the home uniform.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Jets new uniforms aren’t any better and at least they’re wise enough to go back to a real uniform with history. 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I agree with this.  I think it's a nostalgic connection with those uniforms.  If those uniforms never existed and were unveiled as the new uniforms this season, I think they would have been universally panned. 

No they wouldn’t they’re classic football uniform not much different then the raiders, colts, bears, and other classic nfl uniforms. You will never see those teams sh*t on their history like the jets have have now multiple times in their existence. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

The flying Elvis is one of the ugliest uniforms in football & when it was 1st introduced Pats fans HATED IT, HATE! 

6 Super Bowls later no one is talking About Pat Patriot taking a dump.

It’s still a terrible uniform. They prefer all red alternative they frequently wear. W-L isn’t relevant to this conversation. 

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No they wouldn’t they’re classic football uniform not much different then the raiders, colts, bears, and other classic nfl uniforms. You will never see those teams sh*t on their history like the jets have have now multiple times in their existence. 

The Raiders are nearing their third city, Colts on their 2nd. Save it on the "history" stuff, drama queen.  Those teams care so much about their history they switch cities.

The Bears uniform has had several notable alterations since the 70s 

You know why those uniforms are seen as classic?  Because they are clean and simplistic.  The old jets uniforms were not. 

You like the old Jets uniforms.  That is swell.  It's because of nostalgia, and your post pretty much confirms that.

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Btw, I don’t find anything wrong with tee shirts with just the word “BROWNS” or “JETS” across the chest. 

I'm with you! You can't find just "JETS" without it all over the place. Believe me, I'm not happy with the new sh*t I'm seeing. I was looking for some workout gear, the wick stuff, found 1 ugly green short sleeve with JETS on the left chest. How about White? Grey? How about with just the Jets helmet logo without the damn oval? Morons design this sh*t. Hire me, I'll design some cool sh*t people would want to wear. 

Sidenote- The oval is a ripoff of the old STP logo. When I was a kid they gave out huge decals in gas stations. Was cool, had them stuck all over stuff. Walls of my room, Bicycle, it was a cool logo. 

17 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Fair points. I guess the either/or argument is flawed, when you frame the new as bad design, but then frame the old as “like it better”. They need to be compared against the same criteria.

All that said, these new unis suck