Poll: Now that you have seen them on TV do you like the new uniforms?

Jetsbb

New Uniforms poll  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the new look?

• Yes
    • No

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

They were fine.  Not great, not horrible, just fine.  Bland, boring and mostly unnoticeable IMO.

Felt at times like I was watching the early 90's Jets.

My wife a few times said she thought we were watching the Eagles.

Missed opportunity IMO, some of the Fan designs were, again IMO, vastly better and more interesting/bold/fun.

Instead, we got rehashed milktoast, but with that said, it's fine.  Not like we rebranded ourselves the Wizards, lol.

675-D49-FE-15-A7-450-D-9-BE2-38-A6718-F3

Just wait until Week 2 when we whip out the Stealth Black’s. 

SAR I

On 8/8/2019 at 9:50 PM, Integrity28 said:

They need a better design metaphor than the crescendo angle/point that they put on everything to evoke "taking flight". It's basic. Not creative at all. Only thing worse would be the literal use of a fighter jet. If you cannot solve the design problem of a metaphoric symbol, then just avoid it completely and go for a pure typographic solution. In this case, they also failed because the typography design is a joke in the Jets logo. 

Anyway, it is what it is. The same people that made the decision that these uniforms are "good", were the people that made the hiring decisions for Mangini, Herm, Rex, Idzik, Tanny, Bowles, Mac, etc... so, it's obvious, they wouldn't know good if it were a Chandler Catanzaro FG attempt slice that found it's way into the booth and hit them in the face.

46-B6-A17-B-7-ABD-4-AE7-ADA3-FF73348-A02

Death-of-Superman-First-Look.jpg?resize=

From the front, looks like Darnold’s wearing a green cape. Superman = Flight. 

SAR I

On 8/8/2019 at 9:50 PM, Integrity28 said:

They need a better design metaphor than the crescendo angle/point that they put on everything to evoke "taking flight". It's basic. Not creative at all. Only thing worse would be the literal use of a fighter jet. If you cannot solve the design problem of a metaphoric symbol, then just avoid it completely and go for a pure typographic solution. In this case, they also failed because the typography design is a joke in the Jets logo. 

Anyway, it is what it is. The same people that made the decision that these uniforms are "good", were the people that made the hiring decisions for Mangini, Herm, Rex, Idzik, Tanny, Bowles, Mac, etc... so, it's obvious, they wouldn't know good if it were a Chandler Catanzaro FG attempt slice that found it's way into the booth and hit them in the face.

You're really reaching when you try to connect the dots from hiring HCs to uniforms to sell your idea of what is acceptable or correct in uniform design.

I think I like them less now that I've seen them on TV. Still think black is the laziest of all possible choices for a trim color, and I will absolutely hate the all black look. Blech. Also really don't like the New York across the chest. Again, just lazy. Best thing about them is the helmet, but to debut them against the jints, it just makes the ripoff of their hats rather obvious. Oh, I like the simple font on the numbers, that could've been much worse. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

nah, enough uproar can get them to reverse course. its happened before. see buffallo sabers 

But there is no uproar, more Jet fans like the new design than don't + the players really like them & it seems the young fans love them so you might as well get use to them. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

I think I like them less now that I've seen them on TV. Still think black is the laziest of all possible choices for a trim color, and I will absolutely hate the all black look. Blech. Also really don't like the New York across the chest. Again, just lazy. Best thing about them is the helmet, but to debut them against the jints, it just makes the ripoff of their hats rather obvious. Oh, I like the simple font on the numbers, that could've been much worse. 

I think the pointed lines on the pants & shoulders is the laziest part of the design. It's so Broncos new uni stuff. Just a simple patch with NY in the same helmet font on the right chest would have been fine. I agree I saw designs I liked better but like others have stated they could have been a helluva lot worse with Nike involved.

On 8/8/2019 at 9:53 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

If even SAR I doesn't care for them then you know they're bad.  

I'm not liking the All-Whites.  Until I see them in the stadium or on TV, I can't pass judgement on the other 4 jersey/pant combinations.

SAR I

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Get rid of the candy green helmet too. Look at my avatar you cannot tell me that that doesn’t look better

If I had my way, the '98-'16 All White's would remain in our arsenal.  But that isn't possible now that the helmets went green.  It's the big loss in the whole uniform situation.  But the NFL helmet rules are what they are and so there is no white helmet and that's that.

SAR I

13 hours ago, Paradis said:

I flip flop on the helmet and shade of green. Sometimes i think it looks pretty badass, sometimes i think the helmets especially look like a blimpy lettered pickle. 

usatsi_13176882.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

I'm more concerned about our end zone art.  I thought it was just a TV thing.  That sh-ts teal.  Really really teal.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If I had my way, the '98-'16 All White's would remain in our arsenal.  But that isn't possible now that the helmets went green.  It's the big loss in the whole uniform situation.  But the NFL helmet rules are what they are and so there is no white helmet and that's that.

SAR I

I'm glad we moved on from the old uniforms and I don't want to have a 2nd white helmet.

We had 2 different helmets when we wore the Titans unis though.