When will the Jets be picking?

NYJ1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I had us at 10-6.  But after recent events combined with Darnold looking like he regressed in game one, 10 wins isnt possible anymore.  Looking like a 6-10 team to me.

Good luck joe willy. Sams out for the season and so is enuwa and mosley who knows.

more like 3 wins tops. Were gonna lose to the fish once if not twice

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

So based on the importance of a qb.... if we have the first pick and sam is entering his 3 rd year do we snag the best qb available?

i would. I dont care im taking the safe route, taking the mercedes of picks and worry about other needs in other rounds and free agency

What if the “best QB available” sucks?

EJ Manuel says hi.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I hate that argument (speaking broadly). No one should ever THINK you’re getting an Donald or Reed. Never think you’re drafting a generational talent. It almost always happens unexpectedly. 

That’s the only thing that will make Jet fans happy. Getting solid players or even good players isn’t enough. If they’re not first time gold jacket guys they’re bums. 

• Upvote 1

That’s the only thing that will make Jet fans happy. Getting solid players or even good players isn’t enough. If they’re not first time gold jacket guys they’re bums. 

Serious with this? It’s because we drafted guys like Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed, or Kyle Brady over Sapp, or Adams over Watson/Mahomes, that this franchise has been irrelevant.

When you have top 10 picks all the time, you’d better damn well find a future HOFer at least once every 5 or even 10 tries. We get “nice” players in the top 10. Of course that isn’t good enough.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The spleen enlarges from mono. They have to monitor it as part of his estimated return. What is wrong with you?

Yes, I know all about that. My daughter had Mono and the Dr. Said keep her in bed for that very reason. Three weeks after she was no longer contagious,  the Dr.  said it's ok for her to resume regular activities. I asked about the spleen and he said it's  no longer a concern. 

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I call it being realistic.  Much easier to deal with a bad season when you know the team will be bad.  You do you though.  

I dont think Jetsfan80 is being negative here....I think what's going on here is he is on a hair trigger when it comes to the Jets....we are just so used to gloom/doom/despair and agony.

Last time I felt this way was the beginning of the 1999 season. The Jets were viewed as a potential AFC representative to the superbowl...

And game 1(against the Pats no less) I'm horrified to watch Vinnys Achilles tendon explode...Leon Johnson's knee explode...watching (our punter) Tom Tupa throw a TD.... that's the one season I wish could have been erased. 

And now I think that plagued year is revisiting us. Makes me do ******* sick and tired of being a Jets fan.

So no.....Jetsfan80 ain't being negative. 

• Sympathy 1

I dont think Jetsfan80 is being negative here....I think what's going on here is he is on a hair trigger when it comes to the Jets....we are just so used to gloom/doom/despair and agony.
Last time I felt this way was the beginning of the 1999 season. The Jets were viewed as a potential AFC representative to the superbowl...

And game 1(against the Pats no less) I'm horrified to watch Vinnys Achilles tendon explode...Leon Johnson's knee explode...watching (our punter) Tom Tupa throw a TD.... that's the one season I wish could have been erased. 

And now I think that plagued year is revisiting us. Makes me do ******* sick and tired of being a Jets fan.

So no.....Jetsfan80 ain't being negative. 

Yep. Major difference though is the ‘99 team had Super Bowl potential.

The 2019 Jets were bad, and then this happened. A cocktail of awful GM work for a decade + a dose of bad luck.

Yes, I know all about that. My daughter had Mono and the Dr. Said keep her in bed for that very reason. Three weeks after she was no longer contagious,  the Dr.  said it's ok for her to resume regular activities. I asked about the spleen and he said it's  no longer a concern. 

Did she play contact sports?