When will the Jets be picking?

NYJ1

In so many words, if you think the Jets will have the number 1 pick in April of next year, then you think they'll never recover from recent events. IMO, the Jets were always a top ten picking team anyway. They simply weren't good enough to win this season. I had them winning 6 games. That would have put them somewhere between 5-10 in the picking order. The loss of Sam, losing Enunwa, and knowing what our defense looks like without CJ Mosley, makes me think this team is now substantially worse than they were before. I'm thinking about maybe 3 wins now? Depending on how long Sammy is out?

It's sad, but this is what we're looking forward to after just one game. Thanks, Mac

• Thumb Down 1

Next draft could we we please pick a position of true need ??  I don't want the best player available if he's a D lineman, an inside LB, a safety ect.  I know this goes against the "correct" way of doing things , but please pick an O lineman, a CB, a WR Ect.   I can't take it anymore 

11 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

Next draft could we we please pick a position of true need ??  I don't want the best player available if he's a D lineman, an inside LB, a safety ect.  I know this goes against the "correct" way of doing things , but please pick an O lineman, a CB, a WR Ect.   I can't take it anymore 

BPA with positional importance in mind is the correct approach.  A DT or S is never the BPA at 3 or 6 overall unless you're getting Aaron Donald or Ed Reed.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

BPA with positional importance in mind is the correct approach.  A DT or S is never the BPA at 3 or 6 overall unless you're getting Aaron Donald or Ed Reed.

How do you know you're getting Ed Reed? Ed Reed went 27th overall as I recall?

28 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

What if you think you’re getting Aaron Donald or Ed Reed?

I hate that argument (speaking broadly). No one should ever THINK you’re getting an Donald or Reed. Never think you’re drafting a generational talent. It almost always happens unexpectedly.